NPCs & Enemies The Forger: An Npc With Some Creative Capitalism!

To yee or not to yee?

• Yee

• Not Yee

• Yee but change this (comment what)

Results are only viewable after voting.
The forger is an new Npc with a plan to earn some cash in a CRAFTY way (you'll get it by the end of this thread).
This npc will come after you have used 5 unique crafting stations and have an available house.
This man will work as any crafting station, for a fee. The formula he uses is as follows:
(17 copper coins+ CraftedItem) x 3 = Crafting fee
He can craft anything craftable for you, as long as you've got the cash. He can craft potions, but he lacks the benifets of an alchemy table. He can even craft water, lava, and honey items!
"If I had a hammer... I'd hammer in the morning..."
"Clank Clank Pow! Clank Clank Pow!"
If the demolitionsist is present: "Hallow and Corruption, me and [Name of demolitionist]."
If the Truffle is present: "I can't believe [Name of Truffle] got a copyright on the Autohammer! He has zero chill."
At a party: "Let's forge some cake ASAP!"

Last edited:
This is an interesting idea, but I'd advise something like limiting options for crafting to various boss kills. For example, someone with a money farm could just make a bunch of whatever metal bars to skip tons of mining and such. However, you could enforce that items are only unlocked after surpassing that tier's boss. One could only buy Hardmode metals after defeating all the Mechanicals, and so on. So if you want to go back and get items you surpassed a while ago, you can just buy it and save yourself time, but you can't really skip natural progression as easily.

I suppose it's also worth considering some items just not being available, such as Celestial items because you never really surpass that level to where grinding more fragments is just a waste of time.

I stopped getting alerts on this for some reason. Here we go.
I suggest for the (17 copper coins + crafted item) x 3 you should change the value of the coins, depending on the item and crafting station required.

Otherwise it seems like a fine idea.
The actual price of the item usally covers expensive things.
This is an interesting idea, but I'd advise something like limiting options for crafting to various boss kills. For example, someone with a money farm could just make a bunch of whatever metal bars to skip tons of mining and such. However, you could enforce that items are only unlocked after surpassing that tier's boss. One could only buy Hardmode metals after defeating all the Mechanicals, and so on. So if you want to go back and get items you surpassed a while ago, you can just buy it and save yourself time, but you can't really skip natural progression as easily.

I suppose it's also worth considering some items just not being available, such as Celestial items because you never really surpass that level to where grinding more fragments is just a waste of time.
Ya, what Gollum said
Would he work as things like demon alter and ancient manipulator?
I don't see why it wouldn't with the manipulator, but the altar makes a point of being immobile, so I guess no altar.

Back
Top Bottom