Map-Adventure The Forsaken Island

Teaser time! Here's another small detail, this one being a tiny oasis found in a brand new custom biome: The Prairie!
(well actually it's more of a steppe, or a half desert.... shut up okay Prairie sounds cooler)
This looks like a good start, but it feels a bit barren. What if you added some hey walls and living leaf walls to the background as tall grass and small shrubs respectively?

Phew, been a long while since I updated this thread. Sadly, I wish I had a lot more to show you than I do. I've not worked very much on the map at all, and the things I have done are mostly planning and some technical things that aren't very interesting to look at. The reason for this would be that I've simply not had a lot of motivation. Other things have taken up my free time, and honestly I kind of lack ideas at the moment. I have a absolutely huge area that barely has anything in it, where I'm thinking of having some sort of wild west-ish theme, this is the Prairie I mentioned earlier.

If anyone has ideas for this place, be it a building, an idea for the town in this biome, a side-quest, dungeon, whatever, PM me or write in the thread.

edit: also enjoy my crappy imgur editing skills :p looks like my censoring didn't work very well. Enjoy the spoiler I guess :naughty:

That campsite really makes me wish tents were obtainable
we can craft campfires, and even cook marshmallows over them yet we can't make a tent even if its purely decorative? (relogic plz)
I'm very interested in that jungle area, good jungles in adventure maps are always exciting.
A Crim Fate was fun, i'm looking forwards to this one!

Don't have any pictures of it yet, but in this map I have expanded the usual system many maps use, with a limited amount of golden keys you can use to get items at certain places. ACF used this system, for example. In this map, I have expanded it to work like a skill-tree system like most RPG games, with keys instead of skill points, that will award you with useful tools, mostly accessories. All to make the map as unique of an experience as possible!

Don't have any pictures of it yet, but in this map I have expanded the usual system many maps use, with a limited amount of golden keys you can use to get items at certain places. ACF used this system, for example. In this map, I have expanded it to work like a skill-tree system like most RPG games, with keys instead of skill points, that will award you with useful tools, mostly accessories. All to make the map as unique of an experience as possible!
Hurrah!

Been working on a couple of things. First off, the general layout of the whole world has been created, it's like the framework of the whole open world, like where every biome is supposed to be and how it'll look like, where the cities/villages will be etc. Now to fill it all up with actual stuff!

Now don't expect the map to be out anytime soon. I'm still working on the actual story layout and how to make it fit with the world while retaining balance and all.

Okay, so here's a sneak peek at the map's first village, that doesn't have a name yet. Suggestions?
It's not finished yet, it needs a lot more detail and polish.

It's a scrap-town-ish jungle village where people have settled down and try to live in peace, far away from the troublesome east.

Depending on what the age you've decided is, there could be one or two buildings that have been completely overtaken by nature and have collapsed. It looks very good.

Back
Top Bottom