Weapons & Equip The Frost Bolt-Water Bolt successor!

GoldenTerrabyte

Empress of Light
The Water Bolt is a VERY popular Terraria weapon! It sadly does not have a weapon with the right mechanics to serve as a true "upgrade" to it like most weapons do. I bring to you... The Frost Bolt!

frost_bolt_by_milt69466-d80yjd3.png

Stats:
56 Magic Damage
Same Critical Strike chance as Water Bolt
Bounces/Pierces up to 8 times
Travels 40% faster than the Water Bolt
Same use time as Water Bolt
Inflicts Frostburn
Uses 6 Mana
Autofire
Slightly larger hitbox than Water Bolt
Obviously a Hardmode weapon.

Crafting:
1 Spell Tome
1 Frost Core
5 Souls of Light
5 Souls of Night
10 Souls of Might

Appearance:
It would look like a flying ball of Frostburn flame, leaving particles behind, and a spinning big snowflake at the front. The book would be baby blue, the design would be a cyan snowflake, and the "square" that goes around the design would be a darker blue.

So tell me what you all think!

Last edited:
I would love for this to be in the game, although I think it need to be a bit stronger with less expensive crafting on the soul side.

Okay! I'll raise some stats! The souls however should stay. I want it to be an expensive yet strong weapon.

Edit: Raised attack and number of bounces/pierces. Slightly lowered mana cost.

I like the crafting cost(I farmed for souls once and now Can Craft almost all Items 10 times),well I mean,I think it should also be crafted with a waterbolt (But That's just me ),Thankfully I don't need design an upgrade now that we have one

99.999999999% support

Although I kinda sorta view the Magical Harp as an indirect "upgrade" to the Water Bolt, I am absolutely all for a direct upgrade- the water bolt is one of my favorite spells in the entire game (always has been). I would love to be able to use it in the lategame.

With how much everyone loves the Water Bolt, I'm surprised I haven't seen a suggestion for an upgrade sooner.

Even though I am not a mage player (I prefer range), I still think this is an amazing idea! Very nice. I love the design, the stats... Sounds like it could be a nice addition to the game play.
I have a couple of friends who would love this!

Coming back to this weapon suggestion, after taking a better look at how other weapons are balanced, I've rebalanced the stats a bit, and halved all soul costs!

Back
Top Bottom