Console The Frost Moon Is Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefFish

Terrarian
The frost moon is coming to console soon. That's great news. I've been thinking about how to prepare. I already have an arena set up with spiky ball traps, campfires and heart lanterns so that is done.
I was thinking this for my set up.

Armor:
Either full turtle armor or
chlorophyte mask, turtle scale mail, and hallowed greaves for maximum damage.

Weapons:
Horseman's blade for early clearing
Vampire knives for life regen
Scourge of the corrupter for everything else.

Accessories all menacing reforge:
Star veil
Warrior emblem
Avenger emblem
Destroyer emblem
Fire gauntlet

Buffs:
Life regen potion
Ironskin potion
Thorns potion
Bowl of soup
Ale
Ichor flask
Swiftness potion

So how is everyone else preparing? What's your favorite setup?

I used to grind it out with my candy corn rifle in a box setup since the bullets fall below me... Then I switched to a horseman's blade farm technique and can only get to nearly the end of wave 19 with all buffs.... I must continue my quest... Enjoy Yours!

I have a setup already that can get me to final wave the pumpkin moon at around 12 - 1 am. I used a Mage setup with Specter or Spectral (console exclusive of course) and I use a godly bat scepter and demonic Nimbus rod (sometime I can use shadowbeam staff or Inferno Fork as they can hit multiple people). It is also to helpful have some people around to add to the max DPS.

Edit: Traps I use are spiky balls, flame, spear and super darts all connected to a one second timer. Also having a house near by if you die is very helpful. Menacing or Lucky on all my accessories. My accessories are Spooky wings, magic cuffs, celestial stone, Sorcerer emblem, Ankh shield ( the shield can switch out for Damage increasing items, like Avenger emblem, or for more defense, like the paladin shield or Frozen turtle shell).

Last edited:
I have a setup already that can get me to final wave the pumpkin moon at around 12 - 1 am. I used a Mage setup with Specter or Spectral (console exclusive of course) and I use a godly bat scepter and demonic Nimbus rod (sometime I can use shadowbeam staff or Inferno Fork as they can hit multiple people). It is also to helpful have some people around to add to the max DPS.

Edit: Traps I use are spiky balls, flame, spear and super darts all connected to a one second timer. Also having a house near by if you die is very helpful. Menacing or Lucky on all my accessories. My accessories are Spooky wings, magic cuffs, celestial stone, Sorcerer emblem, Ankh shield ( the shield can switch out for Damage increasing items, like Avenger emblem, or for more defense, like the paladin shield or Frozen turtle shell).
You don't need defense items using specter armor, i guess :indifferent:. Also, If you use offensive items, you'll have better healing

The frost moon is coming to console soon. That's great news. I've been thinking about how to prepare. I already have an arena set up with spiky ball traps, campfires and heart lanterns so that is done.
I was thinking this for my set up.

Armor:
Either full turtle armor or
chlorophyte mask, turtle scale mail, and hallowed greaves for maximum damage.

Weapons:
Horseman's blade for early clearing
Vampire knives for life regen
//Snip

So how is everyone else preparing? What's your favorite setup?
Would you be willing to do a Pumpkin Moon loadout? I need it, thanks.

Would you be willing to do a Pumpkin Moon loadout? I need it, thanks.

The only thing for this loadout that is from the pumpkin moon is the horseman's blade. So you could switch it out with the Terra blade if you have that. Or just use the vamp knives and scourge of the corruptor.

I would strongly suggest using a mechanical glove instead of the fire gauntlet. The DPS from the extra 3% to both melee damage and attack speed will outweigh the On Fire debuff easily. There is also the option of using a Celestial Stone for its many benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom