Portfolio/Multi-Topic The full panoply of a New Miniboss: Leader of the rotten crowd

How do you grade this idea?

• ★★★★★

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • ★★★

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • ★★

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

TinyTony

Terrarian
New (Mini)boss: Leader of the rotten crowd/Zombie King

Stats
Damage: 40
Max Life: 3500
Defense: 12

Knockback Resist: 95%

divider.png

Drops
Coins: 2
Gold_Coin.png

Lesser_Healing_Potion.png
Lesser Healing Potion (10-20)
: 100%
Heart: (10): 100%
Zombie Mask.png
Zombie Mask: 10%
Rotten Trophy.png
Rotten
Leader Trophy: 14.29%
Rotten Staff: 20%
Zombie Head: 20%
Brain Blaster: 20%
Tome of the Blood Ritual: 20%
Strong Shackle: 20%

divider.png

Spawning

Summond by using a Tasty looking brain. The Leader of the Rotten Crowd has a 1 in 300 chance of spawning in place of another zombie while the player is located in the two outer thirds of the map, the player has 200 or more live and 15 or more defense.

divider.png

Attacks

he Leader of the rotten crowd has only one stage, behaving mostly like normal Zombies always trying to hit the player directly. Apart from that, he allways will use one of the following attack types.

Brain.png
Brains

Thrown brains, including splash damage up to 3 blocks on impact. Used if the player is more than 10 blocks distant. (Damage: 20, Velocity:4, Gravity:true, Use time:180=3sek.)

Zombie Arm
Similar to the weapon: The leader of the rotten crowd will try to hit you with his arm. Used if the player is less than 10 blocks distant.(Damage:30)

Direct hit
He always will try to hit you directly. (Damage: 40)

kdcROYP.png

Rotten Staff
Stats
Type: Summon Weapon (AI like pirate Staff)
Damage: 13
Knockback: 2
Mana: 10
Velocity: 10
Rarity:
Use time: 25
Item Tooltip: Summons a zombie to fight for you.
Buff Tooltip: The zombie will fight for you.
Sell: 50
Silver_Coin.png

kdcROYP.png

Brain Blaster
Stats
Type: Ranged Weapon

Damage:26

Knockback: 1.5

Ammo: Brain shred

Velocity: 4

Rarity:

Use time: 36

Tooltip: Blasts out the rests of rotten guys

Sell: 50
Silver_Coin.png

kdcROYP.png

Head Mace.png
Head mace

Stats

Crafted:
1 Zombie Head + 5 Iron chains → 1 Head mace
Type: Melee (Flail)
Damage: 24
Knockback: 8
Velocity: 15
Rarity:
Use time: 40
Sell: 70
Silver_Coin.png

kdcROYP.png

Tome of the Blood Ritual.png Tome of the Blood Ritual
Type: Magic
Damage: 6 (multiplied)
Knockback: 1
Velocity: 6
Piercing: false
Rarity:
Use time: 28
Sell: 1
Gold_Coin.png

Using this weapon takes 1-5% of your max life, and deals it's damage multiplyed by the numer of taken lives.

kdcROYP.png

Giant Shackle.png
Strong Shackle

Effect: +4 defense, -10% movement speed

kdcROYP.png

Other Items

Brain

Dropped by Zombies (50%)
Tooltip: Do you know what it allready has thought?

divider.png

Brain shred
Crafted:
1 Brain → 10 Brain shreds at a usual work bench.
Tooltip: Used as Ammo

divider.png

Tasty looking brain
Crafted:

50 Brains + 5 Demonit Bars → 1 Tasty looking brain

Thanks to @J-50N for the Sprites (Head mace, Toome of the Blood Ritual, Strong Shackle)

Last edited:
For one, I see you're a fan of thaumcraft. Second, even though it seems like a decent early game boss, the weapons should be more balanced. The damage of the rotten staff is pitiful for a boss that is harder than the eater of worlds, yet the brain blaster's dps is one of the best in pre hardmode. Also, this feels too similar to king slime: he's an early game boss that is a giant "king" version of a regular enemy, has a 1 in 200 chance of replacing a standard enemy in the outer thirds of the map, and has grunt minions.

For one, I see you're a fan of thaumcraft.

What ever that is, I've never heared of. (Maybe the Brain sprite is out of there, but I just searched "brain pixelart")

Also, this feels too similar to king slime

I'm not sure if you've ever heared of Queen bee...
Also: There are a lot of mecanics, that are used a few times

P.S. I know, this is terrible balanced, but for that it's a work in progress! What are your ideas to make it better?

What ever that is, I've never heared of. (Maybe the Brain sprite is out of there, but I just searched "brain pixelart")

That's the zombie brain sprite from a minecraft mod called thaumcraft. I guess I can understand it.

I'm not sure if you've ever heared of Queen bee...
Also: There are a lot of mecanics, that are used a few times

Queen bee is similar to king slime? Uhh, apart from the "Queen", that's pretty much all the similarities. Queen bee has completely different spawning conditions, has her own minibiome, has different attacks, and lots of unique drops. Meanwhile, the zombie king has the exact same spawning conditions as king slime, is based off of a common pre-hardmode enemy, and has the same miniboss "vibe" that king slime has. He feels more like an alternate version of king slime.

P.S. I know, this is terrible balanced, but for that it's a work in progress! What are your ideas to make it better?

For one, you should nerf the brain blaster. It does way too much damage. Maybe something like 17 damage would be less overpowered. As for the rotten staff, you should make it do maybe 15 damage instead of 8.

For one, you should nerf the brain blaster. It does way too much damage. Maybe something like 17 damage would be less overpowered.

I support........if u nerf the brain blaster.

Hey guys... Well, i could nerf the Brain Blater, but I think it is fine balanced:
Demon Bow:
Damage: 14+6 (Flaming Arrow)
Use time: 24
DPS: (36/24)*(14+6)=30
High Range

Brain Blaster:
Damage: 26 (Brain Shred)
Use time: 36
DPS: (36/36)*(26)=26 (+Splash)
Low Range​

So, I thing it it's quite fine balanced, but if I really change sth. I'll buff the Brain Blaster! Agreed, guys?

As for the rotten staff, you should make it do maybe 15 damage instead of 8.

Well, the rotten staff is a bit to weak, I knew, but not too much:

Rotten Staff:
Damage:8
Summon type: meele (It will fly to the enemy to deal damage fast)

Hornet Staff:
Discovert by killing Queen Bee and crafting
Damage: 9
Summon type: ranged (It will shout at the enemy to deal damage earlier, but slower)

Well, I'll increase the Damage to 13, OK?

Queen bee is similar to king slime? Uhh, apart from the "Queen", that's pretty much all the similarities. Queen bee has completely different spawning conditions, has her own minibiome, has different attacks, and lots of unique drops. Meanwhile, the zombie king has the exact same spawning conditions as king slime, is based off of a common pre-hardmode enemy, and has the same miniboss "vibe" that king slime has. He feels more like an alternate version of king slime.

Why should allways be used new game mecanics, if the existing ones are quite fine?

Also: King slime can spawn any time, this guy waits, until you have a bit more def and life.

Support! how do you get a tasty looking brain btw?

oops, nvm, i see it

Thank you!

why is it a mini boss if it has higher stats than eye of cthulhu?

Because it behaves like a miniboss, i think; It spawns randomly and does drop like minibosses, not this plethora of domonite ore. It also hasn't an own mini biom like queen bee. (But if you like it, your allowed to call him BOSS ;))

Last edited:
Why should allways be used new game mecanics, if the existing ones are quite fine?

Also: King slime can spawn any time, this guy waits, until you have a bit more def and life.

Ok, I'll play along with your logic. 1.3 shouldn't add any enemies with new AI, because the existing AI is perfectly fine. Also, it shouldn't add any new concepts for items, since the existing ideas for items are also perfectly fine.

I don't want Re-Logic to turn into 505 games, where all of their content is through reskins.

Ok, I'll play along with your logic. 1.3 shouldn't add any enemies with new AI, because the existing AI is perfectly fine. Also, it shouldn't add any new concepts for items, since the existing ideas for items are also perfectly fine.

I don't want Re-Logic to turn into 505 games, where all of their content is through reskins.

Hello @ethanciavo,
I'm allways open for new ideas and new mecanics, but i think, terraria should remain terraria, if you know what I mean...
I also had a few different suggestions, but I also think, i shouldn't change terraria compeately.

Back
Top Bottom