NPCs & Enemies The Genesis Hydra, making Forests cooler (ported from TO), and the Acid Gun, a cool gun...with acid.

Darkwraith332

Skeletron
Well, this is gonna be a big one.... watch out.

Structures
There would be somewhat uncommon structures in the forest called Gnome Holes. They are similar to an Underground House in that they are made of wood and have backround walls. The entrance is found on the surface forest. It goes down for a bit and opens into a medium sized room with some random furniture and torches on the walls. A gold chest is always found inside, containing some special loot I will explain later.

Also there are Barrows.Essentially hollow hills, you dig your way in. There is no light inside and the room itself is made of stone. A Coffin Chest is found within.The chest (der) looks like a coffin and contains a selection of unique items which I will explain later. Apart from some skeletons lying around on the floor the room is otherwise empty. The Barrows are somewhat rare and there is only one per world.

Enemies
Gnome Scout-50 hp-0 defense- 15 damage. A small and quick gnome, pretty basic. Fighter AI.
Drops: Thief 's Knife- 1% chance

Gnome Ranger- 45 hp-0 defense-25 damage. A gnome with a bow, pretty much a sniper. He wears a green cloak. Fighter AI.
Drops: Leather Quiver, 20% Chance, and Padded Leather Armor, 0.1 % chance.

Gnome Mercenary- 60 hp-2 defense- 20 damage. A gnome in armor with a club. 'nuff said.
Fighter AI.
Drops: none.

Wraith Lord.png
(From @Pinelord productions) Wight Lord. -100 hp-5 defense- 50 damage. A fast moving, deadly spirit immune to knockback. It goes through walls, but cannot leave it's barrow. Wraith AI. NOTE: it only spawns when the player enters the barrow, it does not spawn anywhere else or at any other time.
Drops: none ( don't worry, there's loot aplenty in the Coffin.)

New Npc
The Elvish Ranger- he is an elf (fantasy elf, not christmas elf) in a green cloak and a brownish chestplate thing. He is holding a bow. He sells an Elvish Bow, Wooden arrows ( 10 copper for 10) (Flaming Arrows) 10 copper for 5) and maybe vanity? Also, if an enemy hits him he will shoot said enemy with his bow for 50 dmg.

Loot
From the Golden Chests in Gnome Holes:

Acorn Chucker- 10 ranged damage- uses acorns for ammo. It resembles a crossbow mixed with a slingshot, and it's shots are heavily affected by gravity. It has a decent fire rate as well.

Sparkwood Staff- 12 magic damage-uses 5 mana. A wooden staff with a star on top. It fires 1-3 magic sparks that produce a lot of light and do a bit of AOE on contact with a wall. It does not pierce or ricochet.

From the Coffins in Barrow Hills:

download.png
-(more terrible sprites from me) Spirit Sword- 20 melee damage, medium sized blade, average speed. A sword with a white blade that is visible in the dark but emits little light, it can hit enemies within range of its blade on the other side of a wall.

-or- ( you only get either of these in a Coffin, not both)

The Ghostly Armor Set

Ghostly Helm- 1 defense

Ghostly Chestplate- 3 defense

Ghostly Pants- 2 defense

Set Bonus- +3 defense, when hit, the player gains a buff that allows you to teleport anywhere within around 15 blocks on either side of the player. Also, getting hit makes the sound Wraiths make when they are hit.

download (2).png
-(sprite by me, I know it's bad.)Thief's Knife- 10 damage- no knockback- enemies you hit with it have an increased chance to drop stuff.
It resembles a stubby, silver knife with a ruby in the hilt. Fast speed. The weapon is very small, like a bladed glove.

Leather Quiver- accessory- gives +4% arrow damage-"A plain, leather quiver"

JerkinArmor.png -( Thanks, @domcing for the sprite!)
Padded Leather Jerkin-armor- +5 defense, +4% ranged damage, +4% speed. It's just a brown leather chestpiece similar to what the Elvish Ranger is wearing.

Elvish bow.png -( Thanks again, @domcing )
Elvish Bow- 20 damage, uses arrows as ammo, has a small chance ( 2%) to instakill non-boss enemies when it hits them, regardless of the arrow you used. Sold by Elvish Ranger for 20 gold.

Thats about all I have, suggestions and sprites are very welcome/ needed, tell me what you think!

The Element Hydra

It is 5 bosses really, but 4 are the heads that you fight one by one, then the fith is all of them at the same time.

Head 1- Rage- 20,000 health-30 defense

Rage is a red dragon head attached to a long neck that starts green then tapers to red as it gets closer to the head. It chases after the player, spews fire, molten rocks, and coats the ground with temporary lava.

Charge- 100 damage, high knockback- no debuffs inflicted.

Fire Blast- 75 damage, no knockback, inflicts "Hellfire!" debuff.

Rock Fall- 50 damage, extreme knockback, when it hits the ground it sends smaller shards everywhere.

Lava Spew- drops some lava on the ground that dissappears after the boss dies.

Drops- None

Head 2: Deception- 20,000 health- 25 defense
Deception appears basically the same way as Rage does, except she is blue and black. She has the ability to confuse, blind, poison and slow you.

Confusion Spirals- 75 damage- medium knockback, inflicts confusion, a rapid volley of spreading, bouncing, fast moving white shurikens.

Blinding Light- 50 damage- no knockback, inflicts Blind, a beam of white light that may Blind the player when he/she is hit.

Poison Cloud- 25 damage, no knockback,Inflicts Venom, releases a cloud of poison gases.

Diversion Spikes- 100 damage, high knockback, inflicts Slow, a volley of 1-5 spikes that slow you.

Drops:none

Head 3: Corrimson-30,000 health, 20 defense
Corrimson is a purple and pink dragon neck and head, which can Poison, Ichor, Armor Break and Curse you.

Corrupting Juice-50 damage, no knockback, coats the ground in corrupt bile and inflicts Venom on contact.

Ichor Spray- 100 damage, no knockback, inflicts Ichor.

Busting Rush-100 damage, high knockback, inflicts Armor Broken. Pretty much just a charge attack.

Skull Curse- 50 damage, medium knockback, inflicts cursed. Fires a bunch of homing Cursed Skulls that explode dealing splash damage after five seconds if they haven't hit the player yet.

Drops:none.

Head 4: Spite- 30,000 health, 30 defense
Spite is a green version of Rage and Deception. He can Poison and summon a ton of minions to the killing for him.

Poison Spray-100 damage, low knockback, inflicts Poison AND Venom! Basically a spray of venom bolts like what the Poison Staff fires.

Minions he summons:

Snapper-plant ai- 1000 hp, no defense, the plant's vine extends from Spite himself.

Dragon fly-hornet ai- 750 hp, no defense. It flies around quickly and periodically shoots fireballs.

Acid Bulbs- suicide ai- 100 hp, no defense, It runs up to the player and explodes, spraying acid everywhere.

Drops: None.

Phase 5: Now, you fight them all at the same time. Except this time they drop their loot. It is 100% chance to drop their item if you kill the specified head last.
Otherwise, it's 25% for each head not killed last.
From Rage:

FieryInfernoThrower.png
( @domcing strikes again!) Hellfire Maw- 30 ranged damage- uses gel as ammo. Best modifier is Unreal. Inflicts Hellfire.

From Deception-

Illusion Circles- 45 magic damage- costs 5 mana- Best modifier is Mythical. It shoots 1-3 bouncing, white shurikens that confuse enemies and pierce 3.

From Corrimson-

Alternate Evils- 50 melee damage OR 100 melee damage- fast speed- either shoots a red spear that goes through walls and has a lingering damage effect OR swings a purple sword that fires a beam sword projectile in the shape of a Corruptor(mob)

From Spite-

Wilderness Rod- 60 summon damage, 50 summon damage and On FIre! or 100 summon damage. It summons 1 of the 3 minions Spite spawns, the plant attaches to the player via vine, the fly hovers around and shoots fireballs, and the acid bug uses spider ai until it sees an enemy,which it will run at, explode, and despawn.(you need to summon it again)

The Genesis Hydra has a 1/100 chance spawn each turn of time (night to day or day to night) after you kill Plantera.

Thats all and sprites/ criteria are welcome/needed. Sorry for any walls of text I may have awoken.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    370 bytes · Views: 143
  • download (1).png
    download (1).png
    3.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Looks good. I like it. Forest does need a bit of reviving. It's mainly just a background biome. 100% support. (Not that it means anything for now)

I sprited a Hellfire Maw:
FieryInfernoThrower.png

Sorry, not my best work, but I usually sprite creatures and armor sets, as opposed to weapons.

Back
Top Bottom