NPCs & Enemies The Goblin Army: Making them worth the fight.

Technically no. It doesn't require you killing the EoW (or BoC), it requires you to break a shadow/crimson orb. I know the first reason I did that was because I wanted the Tinkerer...
I first did it Cuzco I wanted meteorite (I can use sticky bombs, before you say it)
[doublepost=1462838845,1462838807][/doublepost]
I first did it Cuzco I wanted meteorite (I can use sticky bombs, before you say it)
I hate autocorrect, I meant to say cuz, and it changed it to Cuzco. ..

Well, now that I think about it, In Hardmode, Goblin armies would be easy so A hardmode version would work well.

I support! However, I believe the new enemies should be moved to hard mode, because even with the summoner I feel it is... bland.
I agree with both of these. This mini boss sounds too hard to be in pre hard mode. Maybe add it to hard mode to make it worth your while then

NICEEE. The game definitely needs this. The goblin army at the moment feels really useless and boring compared to the other events like Pirate Invasion, Martian Invasion, and the Old One's Army.

The Goblin Army. Hardly a challenging event, even without armor you could go the entire invasion without taking a single point of damage using a Vilethorn. And when do you even ever repeat it, unless you missed a Harpoon the first go or need to make some gold? This thread will aim to make the Goblin Army a little more worthwhile. As always, sprites are welcome!

DISCLAIMER: I will NOT be providing stats for enemies or items. I feel that balancing should be left to the devs, but if anyone would like to have a go at it feel free too, and I might add it to the main post.

MOBS

Goblin Beastmaster
These Goblins are well trained in the art of commanding otherwise feral creatures, and are certainly a force to be reckoned with

This Goblin is a Summoner. It would appear as a green goblin wearing fairly simple leathery armor, and would hold a wooden horn. Every few seconds it summons a dark green slime, smaller then a Mother Slime but not too small. It tries to keep its distance, but will attack with a basic melee attack if necessary.

DROPS:

Goblin Battlehorn (1% drop rate)
Spiky Balls (49.75% drop rate)
Goblin Beastmaster Banner (Every 50 kills)
Harpoon (0.5% drop rate)

BOSS - Goblin Warlord
The general of the Goblin Army, he demands respect and is a skilled warrior.

Equipped in Gold Armor, this Goblin spawns at the end of the invasion. Once killed, the Goblin Army is defeated, and the remaining Goblins will attempt to flee. He appears as a dark green Goblin, riding a green slime with a red flag and a goblin rune marking, implanted in the back of the slime. During his first stage he uses the Slime AI and can use his warhorn to summon 3 Goblin Warriors, but when the slime is killed he takes on the Fighter AI and wields a dark grey broadsword.
NOTE: The 4 different class weapons are a confirmed drop, you get one of the four.

Drops:

Goblin Battlehorn (25% drop rate)
Chaos Staff (25% drop rate)
Goblin Broadsword (25% drop rate)
Goblin Bow (25% drop rate)
Steel Armor (1% drop rate)
Harpoon (0.5% drop rate)
Goblin Warlord Trophy (10% drop rate)

ITEMS

Steel Armor
Goblin_Warrior.png

1% drop rate from Goblin Warriors and Goblin Warlord. Higher defense then Shadow/Crimson armor, but no fancy set bonus.

Goblin Broadsword

A 1% drop rate from Goblin Warriors, and a 25% drop rate from the Goblin Warlord. Slightly more damage then the Light's Bane/Blood Butcherer, but a slower speed.

Goblin Bow

A 1% drop rate from Goblin Archers and a 25% drop rate from the Goblin Warlord. Fires Steel Arrows, which pierce up to 3 enemies and deal increased damage each time it pierces, but speed and velocity decreases faster.

Chaos Staff

A 1% drop rate from Goblin Sorcerers and a 25% drop rate from the Goblin Warlord. Fires a Chaos Ball like the Goblin Sorcerer, but it doesn't go through blocks.

Goblin Battlehorn

A 1% drop rate from Goblin Beastmasters and a 25% drop rate from the Goblin Warlord. Summons a Goblin Peasant riding a tiny green slime, follows the Slime AI.

Thieves Dagger

A 0.5% drop rate from Goblin Thieves, acts like a shortsword/Vampire Knives hybrid. Can be used close range, but when it can't hit an enemy it is thrown forward like the knives, however it is a singular dagger. Unlike a normal shortsword its very fast, and has a chance to inflict the Bleeding or Poisoned debuff (Which would you prefer?)

You usually go back at hardmode to get the op shadowflame stuff from the goblin summoner.

Support, but I would add these once you go to hardmode, similar to the Summoner.
Also change the weapons so they're viable for early hardmode.

Also, not a big fan of the slimes, I would suggest a gray reskin of the ice biome wolf (with scars for the mini-boss?).
As goblins in fantasy usually are shown riding wolfs ;)

Back
Top Bottom