Sprites "The Grand Design" menu for more tools!

Are these ideas good or bad?

• Good.

Votes: 64 98.5%
  • Needs more work.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@Pedguin Thanks for making the amazing video! Hopefully these suggestions are added in the future, as an avid builder, this would be a dream come true!

Maybe you can choose to scrape the wall or the blocks with the paint brush.
2. Tools in a circle, so pickaxe, axe and hammer, which gives disadvantage, as how do we use hammer with precise sloping in this situation?
Here you can use multiple tools at once.
index.php
(that's Hamdrax in the middle)It needs more thinking, maybe double-menu? Like opening another circle of variants after clicking on each tool...

Hammer mode can be accessed by clicking it again and with the 2 menu hammer one being accessed the same way,
but maybe we could make a special circle border, shape, or color to mean it's category so you know it has multiple options:
oie_transparent (3).png

All hail penguin and cenx. But seriously, I'm so glad you guys came. I think this idea might have a lot of potential with fine tuning for icons. But that's just my opinion.

My threads: A few device suggestions | "The Grand Design" menu for other tools! | Some of My Ideas
0b6f20668a.png

I think everyone who ever used wires in Terraria, liked 1.3.1 update, especially right-click menu of Grand Design item. In this thread I present you my ideas on menus for other tools, and a new tool for builders.

0b6f20668a.png

Now, for the first tool, my modified Grand Design for wiring:
aa5e33cdf9.gif

If you're asking yourself why there is third tool here and too many different icons, then go to my thread: A few device suggestions.

0b6f20668a.png

Hammer
968c3e2f0e.png
71e3755889.gif

All your HOIK needs!
With this menu, any hammer will be able to create sloped and half-blocks more easily, still saving functionality of breaking walls.
You can choose either one mode or many:
If you choose just one mode, for example "lower half-block", then with each hit of a hammer block will be converted only to this type, not to any other — good for fast HOIKs
If you choose many types, then with each hit you'll be cycling through chosen modes — great for fast HOIKs in both directions!​
Second image is provided in case if more different slope-variants will be added. It has two modes:
Sloping: 8 different types of block
Normal: destroying walls and bringing back normal shape of a block​

0b6f20668a.png

Clentaminator and painting tools
1e59dd2a75.png
b5f806bf9d.gif

Both tools now grab first "ammo"-items from inventory, allowing for faster change of them. This way, you don't need to change position of paint cans in your inventory, and instead just choose needed color and immediately start painting. Paint scrapper now allows to remove either specific color or many colors at once.
It should allow to choose colors by similarity, you click on red color — another menu opens, showing all possible red hues. (by Nakano15)
Clentaminator works the same way, getting first (up to 8, if there will be addded more) solutions from inventory, allowing you to easily choose one.

0b6f20668a.png

Bottomless Bucket
57ebac452f.gif

Personally, I always thought, why game has only one infinite bucket, so, I made this one. This is what Bottomless Bucket should look like in my opinion.
It contains two tools: the bucket itself and a sponge. This tool has all three liquids inside it, allowing to work with every liquid, not only water.
It should pour 1/4 of a block of honey per second, and 1/8 of a block of lava per second, to balance it. (by Afro King)

0b6f20668a.png

Staff of Nature
d78a88189a.gif

Modified Staff of Nature with menu, has three modes:
1. Ambient greens (because why not?)
Flowers (like what Flower Boots create)
Tall Grass
2x2 bushes
3x2 bushes
Thorny bushes (type depends on the biome you're in)
Vines (type depends of the biome you're in)​
2. Biome Grass (I think Staff of Nature should be able to plant these)
Forest Grass
Corrupt Grass
Crimson Grass
Hallow Grass
Jungle Grass
Mushroom Grass​
3. Moss (No more random for moss)
Green moss
Yellow moss
Red moss
Blue moss
Fire moss
Violet moss​

0b6f20668a.png

And final tool in the list:
Tile Wand
46b9300c72.png

This is a new tool for builders I propose.
It is crafted with all current wands:
Living Wood Wand
Leaf Wand
Living Mahogany Wand
Rich Mahogany Leaf Wand
Hive Wand
Bone Wand​
It allows to place all these blocks, and it also allows to place nearly all ambient blocks.
f5ebf1ccf7.gif

This tool has 6 modes:
1. Tile Wand mode: allows to place Living Wood, Leaf, Living Mahogany, Rich Mahogany Leaf, Hive, and Bone blocks
2. Gems: allows to place gem stashes (requiring some amount of gems for that)
3. Coins: allows to place coin pouches and big coin stashes (requires some amount of coins for that)
4. Ambient 1x1 (requires material):
Stone, Dirt, Bones, Ice, Cobweb, Sandstone, Granite, Marble​
5. Ambient 2x1 (requires material):
Stone, Mossy stone, Bones, Ice, Cobweb, Sandstone, Granite, Marble​
6. Ambient 3x2 (requires material):
Stone:
If placed over ash — hellstone
If placed over Lihzahrd Bricks — Lihzarhd stone​
Mossy Stone:
If placed over jungle grass — Jungle Mossy Stone
If placed over mushroom grass — Mushroom Mossy stone​
Bones, Ice, Cobweb, Sandstone, Granite, Marble​

0b6f20668a.png

As a bonus, a set of templates: (from 2 to 8 possible slots)
1685a1f83b.png

0b6f20668a.png

If you have any suggestions, post them in the thread, but before posting, be sure to read all info in the main post, or you could end up suggesting already existing idea.
All the yes. The hammer menu and paint menu in particular would be incredibly helpful. In the case of the hammer, it would make creating stairs and sloped passageways *so* much less aggravating.

I also like the idea of color-specific actuators :)

Back
Top Bottom