Weapons & Equip The great vanity accessory migration

ItsTheKais

Steampunker
With the (relatively) recent advent of vanity accessories, there's now a massive pool of possibilities for wearable doodads. Problem is, some of those are already taken, their beauty doomed to be obscured beneath unsightly armor...

The first bit of this proposal is simple: improve certain vanity items that currently fit into an armor slot by making them compatible with accessory slots! By allowing them to be viewed in tandem with armor, the customization options increase without even needing to add new sprites!

Currently, I feel that six items deserve this treatment: Jungle Rose, Sunglasses, Eye Patch, Cat Ears, Giant Bow, and Reindeer Antlers.
accessory1.png

The second part is a bit more involved. There are some vanity clothing sets (all of them Halloween costumes, actually) that have additional parts to them. The current arrangement works... for certain definitions of "works," anyway. But these bells and whistles would be much better suited to a life in the accessory slots!

The costumes begging for this upgrade are: Cat, Fox, Space Creature, Reaper, and Vampire. Observe the following diagram to see how their mitosis will take place:
accessory2.png

Now imagine what you could do with this! Instead of being just Farmer Brown, you can be Farmer Brown with one eye and a scythe ready to reap this year's harvest. Spider Armor with a spacey tail will create a deadly scorpion. And fans of classic animation can cosplay a certain green-clad vulpine archer without undergoing a painful and embarrassing tail amputation.

The new costume parts would be obtained the same way - from Goodie Bags, simultaneously with the other parts of the costume. This would, of course, render existing costume collections incomplete, but I'm sure you would agree that the potential for personalization is well worth that small price.

All I can say is yes to this. I mean, the halo already overides the helmet slot, so why not the others?

Seems simple enough. More options for vanity is always a plus.

I feel that the Seashell Hairpin and maybe the Mime Mask would also be good candidates to be converted into vanity accessories.

Back
Top Bottom