What do you think of the great wave?

• narly dude

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • a bit of a flop

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Flashstriker

Plantera
This would be a post-fishron (heard that before?) invasion. it would involve a giant wave washing over the land bringing in a load of new Mobs. It would have a ¼ chance to happen until it does, then 1/10. The summon item is 1 shark fin, 50 glowsticks, 30 coral, 5 souls of night, and 5 souls of light. here we go:

Merman
health: 250
contact attack: 70
drops:
silver coins 5-10 80%
"an upgraded zombie, same basic attack type"

Mergunner
health: 150
contact damage: 25
projectile attack: 50
drops:
silver coins 5-10 90%
Mergun 5%
"a ranged unit with a new weapon"

Merider
health: 300
melee attack: 50
drops:
silver coins 5-10 90%
metridant 5%
“a merman riding a dolphin (maybe?) With similar attack to the unicorn”

Mercaster
Health: 150
contact damage: 30
projectile attack: 80
Drops:
Silver coins 5-10 80%
“a basic caster enemy, uses razorblade typhoon to attack”

Merbreeder
Health: 50
contact damage: 30
projectile damage: 80
Drops:
Silver coins 5-10 80%
Starfish staff 5%
“a merman that summons starfish to attack you”

Now for the drops:
Mergun:
A ranged weapon, fast speed, 40 damage, weak knockback, bullets are turned into shells when shot (damage per bullet type doesn’t change, but shells pierce up to 3 enemies)

Metridant:
An upgraded trident, 80 damage, average speed, strong knockback, leaves a shimmering after image that does 40 damage to enemies that walk in it (lasts 2 seconds)

Starfish staff:
Summons starfish that hover around you, then charge at enemys in range, 40 damage, average knockback (I don’t know any of the summoner stats :p)

So that’s it. I feel I may need to change mob/item stats depending on how advanced people are in the game when it would appear, so tell me anything I could add/change. A better name would also be appreciated :p

Last edited:
While the damages are fearsome, I fear the hp on these mobs are :red:ing pitiful. They won't last long enough to do anything. Also, for mobs you don't set the same damage as you would for players. You give contact damage, and projectile damage. That's enough. No need to complicate things.

As for the drops, remove neptune's shell and the razorblade typhoon. We don't need double sources for items unless truly warranted, and weapons especially have only been either dropped, or crafted from one source.

The other items need more details/stats.

I'm not even gonna consider this thread fully until those are fixed.

While the damages are fearsome, I fear the hp on these mobs are :red:ing pitiful. They won't last long enough to do anything. Also, for mobs you don't set the same damage as you would for players. You give contact damage, and projectile damage. That's enough. No need to complicate things.

As for the drops, remove neptune's shell and the razorblade typhoon. We don't need double sources for items unless truly warranted, and weapons especially have only been either dropped, or crafted from one source.

The other items need more details/stats.

I'm not even gonna consider this thread fully until those are fixed.

health totals have been changed, but i can't think of any other details for the new weapons apart from the one new detail on the mergun. if you've got any better things to add to the weapons, tell me

There should be a few more drops, such as some sort of automatic shotgun, or an upgraded CAR.
Additionally, the monsters should be more unique. For starters, they shouldn't all be mer-X.

Nice idea, I might like to sprite this....

There should be a few more drops, such as some sort of automatic shotgun, or an upgraded CAR.
Additionally, the monsters should be more unique. For starters, they shouldn't all be mer-X.

Thanks for the ideas/support, but i'm gonna leave this idea alone. If either of you want to simply take it and improve it, feel free as long as you give credit

Back
Top Bottom