• Maybe

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I Like Pie...

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NiteSeal

Empress of Light
So all the negativity has caused me to close the poll and idea. so scrap this. because i got something better...

Ok, so i have my first suggestion made on the forums, and its not really a good one, but, i might as well try.
considering this is a WIP and i haven't really done much yet, i might take your suggestions to improve mine! if that sounds mean and backstabbing, well... :p that's weird.

so, here's the general idea, a new potion, that, when used, creates a shield around the player.
The Guardian Shield
et1l9.gif
(in game, you are in center of shield)
buff description: Absorbs 100 damage
no buff image yet :/

(It is secretly telling you that it is a prime choice for bosses, if you can afford the potion that is.)

I had to add this to nerf it alot

the cooldown: Stops you from using another one of these potions, lasts 60 seconds.
i know this just seems random, and that this thing shouldnt exist, but thats why this is a WIP.

Guardian Shield Potion : no image yet :/
Description : creates a shield around player that absorbs 100 damage. lasts 1 minutes
crafting :
1 bottle of water
10 jungle spores
20 crystal shards
8 chlorophyte ores
250 gel

and there you have it! and more of a reason to protect your jungle ( after all, it is a guardian shield) and a reason to collect the rotten chunks or vertebrae in hardmode!
tell me what you think, and if things should be nerfed or buffed.
if you have a sprite for this, that would be great!

(How about dat spriting skills up dere? wut, you think its terrible? me too! we are so alike!)

Last edited:
This is.. OP. It basically raises your hp to an insane amount. And it's got a fairly simple crafting recipe.
Also, don't vote in your own poll.

This is.. OP. It basically raises your hp to an insane amount. And it's got a fairly simple crafting recipe.
Also, don't vote in your own poll.
well, at least you basically told me to nerf it, btw, didn't vote in my own poll
would 100 work?

This is really OP.
I could drink this in a fight, then when it runs out I could drink another one.
Also the crafting recipe is pretty easy to acquire and to farm, I would suggest making it harder to acquire to balance it more.

This is really OP.
I could drink this in a fight, then when it runs out I could drink another one.
Also the crafting recipe is pretty easy to acquire and to farm, I would suggest making it harder to acquire to balance it more.
gotcha

I actually like it. When you thin about it, 100 damage isn't that much. The shield will probably brake long before the 3 minute mark. But I do agree that it is slightly OP. I suggest adding a harder to get material like chlorophyte or something, make at least post-mech. Another thing that might work is shortening the time from 3 minutes to 1 minute. Other than that, it's a pretty cool idea.

I actually like it. When you thin about it, 100 damage isn't that much. The shield will probably brake long before the 3 minute mark. But I do agree that it is slightly OP. I suggest adding a harder to get material like chlorophyte or something, make at least post-mech. Another thing that might work is shortening the time from 3 minutes to 1 minute. Other than that, it's a pretty cool idea.
thanks! :D

Perhaps it should behave similarly to the beetle shell buff. it should increase in power until being hit in which it loses some power. perhaps 1-2 extra defense every second and no more than a boost of 20? then when you get hit it loses 5 defense boost. I don't know if that would be powerful enough but it would make more sense for a shield to increase defense and not health.

dude the shield needs increase defense no the health and your sprite its terrible (i can make one for you)

I don't see why so many people hate this it has a 60 second cool down which stops it from being permanent invinc and it is hard to get thus gets my seal of approval

I agree with @The Doctor
This is pretty hard to get, and it ABSORBS 100 damage, not give you 100 health.
Plus, it also has a cool down of 60 seconds.
And we already have to lifeforce potion, which adds 20% health anyways. Which becomes 100 extra health at 500 max health.
This would actually be helpful for those of us wanting to wreck Duke Fishron in Cobalt Armor.

I say to thee, take this Peace Badge of Approval!
peace-sign-of-approval2-png.138222

I agree with @The Doctor
This is pretty hard to get, and it ABSORBS 100 damage, not give you 100 health.
Plus, it also has a cool down of 60 seconds.
And we already have to lifeforce potion, which adds 20% health anyways. Which becomes 100 extra health at 500 max health.
This would actually be helpful for those of us wanting to wreck Duke Fishron in Cobalt Armor.

I say to thee, take this Peace Badge of Approval!
peace-sign-of-approval2-png.138222
I don't see why so many people hate this it has a 60 second cool down which stops it from being permanent invinc and it is hard to get thus gets my seal of approval
thanks guys for the support! but im done with this suggestion, im moving on a new...much.....much larger suggestion......

Back
Top Bottom