Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Book he gives you

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Leave it be

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Leaper

Retinazer
Does the guide in Hardmode feel pointless to you?
First of all, he shouldn't be there. He has been sacrificed, turning into the wall of flesh. Why does he respawn?
He hardly provides any information in Hardmode, and none after the mechs.
The only reason for him to be there is the recipe browser.
What do you guys think about this? should there be a new hardmode guide NPC, or some sort of book he leaves you after he dies? The reason for all these questions is for a possible suggestion thread, or just discussion alone.

Cheers.​

I'd guess it's so you can resummon the wall of flesh for additional drops.

After all, it's annoying when you're a mage class and it keeps dropping warrior emblems. Wouldn't want it to be a one-time boss.

I would really like to make it. I just need to wait for an idea to come! :dryadhappy:

I'll probably not want to wait until it dies down, because 1. if it never dies down a banner will never be made and 2. if it does die down then people will stop caring about it and a banner would be pretty useless at that point.
I'd guess it's so you can resummon the wall of flesh for additional drops.

After all, it's annoying when you're a mage class and it keeps dropping warrior emblems. Wouldn't want it to be a one-time boss.
Well, maybe since you summoned it, it will be in hell permanently, like.you can summon it without the guide's death?

New guide altogether. The normal one is garbage and a danger to society. In fact, the guide would be more useful by marking resource spots on your map and would have better hardmode equipment (ie:some sort of repeater post hardmode). Guide needs to be changed to a different character, he is literal trash after hitting hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom