tModLoader The Havoc Mod

Do the ideas here seem interesting and unique?

• Heck yeah! :)

Votes: 74 87.1%
  • Heck no! >:(

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters
Hey @TheRandomMidget ! I was thinking of a suggestion to be put into this mod, you don't have to put it in if you don't want to. This was just something I've been thinking of (and spriting OFC), but what if we had Wooden Spears in this mod?? If you're interested please let me know!

Hey @TheRandomMidget ! I was thinking of a suggestion to be put into this mod, you don't have to put it in if you don't want to. This was just something I've been thinking of (and spriting OFC), but what if we had Wooden Spears in this mod?? If you're interested please let me know!
I like that idea! One thing I've always loved is stuff that adds more variety into pre-hardmode!

I like that idea! One thing I've always loved is stuff that adds more variety into pre-hardmode!
Great! I made the sprites, some are great, others could use some work, but here they are! Hope you like them!
Wooden Spear.png
Wooden Spear
Boreal Wood Pike.png
Boreal Wood Pike
Mahogany Naginata.png
Mahogany Wood Naginata
Palm Woof Trident.png
Palm Wood Trident
Ebonwood Halberd.png
Ebonwood Halberd
Shadewood Lance.png
Shadewood Lance
Pearlwood Winged Spear.png
Pearlwood Winged Spear
Dynasty Wooden Glaive.png
Dynasty Wood Glaive
The thing about these spears is that they require wood and certain stone to make! Like the Palm Wood Trident needs Palm Wood and Sandstone, and the Boreal Wood Pike needs Ice, Dynasty Wood Glaive requires Dynasty Wood and Marble, and so on! If adding the unique stones is a bad idea, please let me know!

Great! I made the sprites, some are great, others could use some work, but here they are! Hope you like them!
View attachment 166325 Wooden Spear
View attachment 166326 Boreal Wood Pike
View attachment 166327 Mahogany Wood Naginata
View attachment 166328 Palm Wood Trident
View attachment 166329 Ebonwood Halberd
View attachment 166330 Shadewood Lance
View attachment 166331 Pearlwood Winged Spear
View attachment 166333 Dynasty Wood Glaive
The thing about these spears is that they require wood and certain stone to make! Like the Palm Wood Trident needs Palm Wood and Sandstone, and the Boreal Wood Pike needs Ice, Dynasty Wood Glaive requires Dynasty Wood and Marble, and so on! If adding the unique stones is a bad idea, please let me know!
I think they're all great, and your sprites are very nice, and they definitely fit the Terraria style.

View attachment 166325 Wooden Spear
View attachment 166326 Boreal Wood Pike
View attachment 166327 Mahogany Wood Naginata
View attachment 166328 Palm Wood Trident
View attachment 166329 Ebonwood Halberd
View attachment 166330 Shadewood Lance
View attachment 166331 Pearlwood Winged Spear
View attachment 166333 Dynasty Wood Glaive
i dunno, like the dynasty, but most of these look like recolours, and the boreal wood pike doesn't really look boreal-like, I dunno just some constructive critisim, i like the sprites, especially the wood one, but I think it should look more primitive or handmade

i dunno, like the dynasty, but most of these look like recolours, and the boreal wood pike doesn't really look boreal-like, I dunno just some constructive critisim, i like the sprites, especially the wood one, but I think it should look more primitive or handmade
Yeah I see your point. I was kinda thinking that myself. I'll get down onto re-spriting them as soon as possible!

@TheRandomMidget So I re-sprited the wooden spears a bit, and heres the ultimate grand results!
Wooden Spear.png
Wooden Spear
Mahogany Spear.png
Mahogany Wood Spear
Boreal Wood Spear.png
Boreal Wood Spear
Palm Wood Spear.png
Palm Wood Spear
Ebonwood Spear.png
Ebonwood Spear
Shadewood Spear.png
Shadewood Spear
Pearlwood Spear.png
Pearlwood Spear
Dynasty Wooden Glaive.png
Dynasty Wood Glaive
So what do you think? (I kept the Wooden Spear and Dynasty Glaive the same cause they were already perfect IMO.)

@TheRandomMidget So I re-sprited the wooden spears a bit, and heres the ultimate grand results!
View attachment 166438 Wooden Spear
View attachment 166439 Mahogany Wood Spear
View attachment 166440 Boreal Wood Spear
View attachment 166441 Palm Wood Spear
View attachment 166442 Ebonwood Spear
View attachment 166443 Shadewood Spear
View attachment 166444 Pearlwood Spear
View attachment 166445 Dynasty Wood Glaive
So what do you think? (I kept the Wooden Spear and Dynasty Glaive the same cause they were already perfect IMO.)
They all look great! I like how the pearlwood spear has crystals on the end of it, it makes for a nice hallowed touch.

Tell me them! I haven't come up with any of them, yet :p
Sweet! Well, one of them I thought would be kinda like a Trident, that shoots 3 Water Streams that deal damage, and I was at a roadblock cause I had 2 ideas that I wasnt sure which one I should go with. One was like the Star Cannon, but instead of shooting Fallen Stars, it would shoot Starfish. The other idea was a throwing item like the Shuriken, but it would be Starfish. Anyway, those are my ideas for now!

Sweet! Well, one of them I thought would be kinda like a Trident, that shoots 3 Water Streams that deal damage, and I was at a roadblock cause I had 2 ideas that I wasnt sure which one I should go with. One was like the Star Cannon, but instead of shooting Fallen Stars, it would shoot Starfish. The other idea was a throwing item like the Shuriken, but it would be Starfish. Anyway, those are my ideas for now!
How about some names? For the trident Weapon, how about the Tide Trident? The Starfish Cannon can be an earlier version of the star cannon! And for the shurikens, how about the Starfish Shurikens?

How about some names? For the trident Weapon, how about the Tide Trident? The Starfish Cannon can be an earlier version of the star cannon! And for the shurikens, how about the Starfish Shurikens?
Hmm, how about: Tidal Wave, Starfish Blaster, and Starfish? Also: Why not make the Starfish a throwing weapon AND Ammo for the Starfish Blaster??

View attachment 166765
Here's a sprite that could go to a sword, no idea what it would do/where you could get it, but I think it looks pretty well. (I can resize image if need be, and I need constructive critism, as this is my first sprite :D)
Looks pretty good! Although it is a bit too Neon, and it does need more shading. But all-in-all it looks pretty good so far!

Double uses for the starfish makes it even better! I like the Tidal Wave and Starfish Blaster, too.
Thanks man! I'll get to work on the sprites as soon as possible! Also I updated the Mahogany Wood Spear to make the stone blade look more like Stone instead of Marble.
Updated Spear:
Mahogany Spear.png

Er... Your original post said that the EoD is a POST-WoF boss. This post says 'Earlier version of the star cannon', when the Star Cannon is a pre-WoF boss, just pointing this out. By the by, I did have another sprite, but my laptop died and it got deleted. :) (Also, I don't know if you like me posting sprites, these are just random ideas by me. If you do like my sprites, which I will definitely work on, then you can give me ideas on what you want sprited :D)

Back
Top Bottom