1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice

tModLoader The Havoc Mod

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by TheRandomMidget, Mar 6, 2017.

?

Do the ideas here seem interesting and unique?

1. Heck yeah! :)

66 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Heck no! >:(

11 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Dan Yami

Dan Yami Plantera

1x1 pixels are forbidden in Terraria spriting

2. Kooyah

Kooyah Skeletron Prime

In other words, each pixel in a Terraria sprite is actually 2x2 in size. Once you're done making a sprite, upscale its size to 200% in whatever art program you're using.

Also, I'd recommend taking a look at this thread; it'll probably help you out better than we can. ;)

3. Okay, will do. Looked at the thread and it's actually pretty helpful, I've been using a (lesser known, probably worse) art program called 'Piskel', so I might change what program I'm using.

Kooyah likes this.
  4. Mister Creeper

Mister Creeper Skeletron Prime

I use Aseprite which is pretty good too.

5. Dan Yami

Dan Yami Plantera

im using piskel and its pretty easy to use

Mister Creeper likes this.
  6. Wait, if you're using piskel can you help me to understand how to get my sprites to 2x2? Let's say it stats out as a 64 by 64 sprite. When it's finished do I just make it 128 by 128 or is there a more specific process?

7. Kooyah

Kooyah Skeletron Prime

You can just make it 128x128.

8. Thanks.

9. Kooyah

Kooyah Skeletron Prime

Both versions look good. But as it turns out, you accidentally resized the pixels to 4x4 instead of 2x2. :p

Aside from that, I'd recommend giving the outline a darker contrast. Otherwise, there's nothing that needs drastic improvement.

10. Oops, I'll fix it :D. Giving the outline a dark contrast, will do also.

Kooyah likes this.
  11. Kooyah

Kooyah Skeletron Prime

12. siuhim148

siuhim148 Terrarian

terraria 004-2.png

13. TheRandomMidget

TheRandomMidget Terrarian

So, the super secret ice boss has animations! I will most likely spoil him sometime soon in the near future :)

Mister Creeper and Kooyah like this.
  14. Mister Creeper

oOo! Do you have drops for him yet? If not I could work on it!

15. I can help too if you want, I can only sprite swords, though. If he does drop a sword, I can make it look pretty cool. :D

16. Ultimate King

Ultimate King Skeletron Prime

The Harpy Queen looks more like a king. Maybe you should rename it to The Harpy King.

17. Kooyah

Kooyah Skeletron Prime

We've already completed the drops for the boss, but I'm sure that we could still find a use for your sword. ;)

18. Understood.

Kooyah likes this.
  19. TheRandomMidget

TheRandomMidget Terrarian

The ice boss shall be spoiled tonight!

Be prepared...

Mister Creeper likes this.
  20. Mister Creeper

I cant wait! If you need anymore sprites done, let me know please!