Sprites The Heated Mirror

Eli10293

Spazmatism
It always stuck out as odd to me that we had two items that granted immunity to debuffs that were not involved in the crafting recipe of the Ankh Charm, those being the Pocket Mirror and the Hand Warmer. My solution to this is to introduce another accessory, a combination of the two.

Heated Mirror
upload_2019-6-16_20-49-43.png

Rarity: Pink
Sell Price: 2
upload_2019-6-16_20-55-5.png

Tooltip: Immunity to Frozen, Chilled, and Petrified
Crafting Recipe:
$
+
$
@
upload_2019-6-16_21-0-20.png

There's one last loose end to tie up after this; the Hand Warmer is currently a seasonal item that drops from presents during Winter. My proposal is to change this to having the Undead Viking and the Armored Viking drop it at a 1/100 (1/50 in expert mode) chance.

The idea of adding the mirror to the Ankh Shield is already good, but I especially love your solution to the Hand Warmer, which is a very nice item to have all around.
Absolute support, this is the exact sort of quality of life thing I expect to see out of Journey's End.

The idea of adding the mirror to the Ankh Shield is already good, but I especially love your solution to the Hand Warmer, which is a very nice item to have all around.
Absolute support, this is the exact sort of quality of life thing I expect to see out of Journey's End.
The drop idea for the Hand Warmer came from the Bezoar actually. The Bezoar drops from the hornets at the same droprate and also drops from its hardmode variant.

I've seen something like this suggested somewhere before, but I still support this. It would however make the Ankh Shield even harder to obtain if it was added to the recipe, unless it's added after the shield is made and it becomes a reflective Ankh Shield or something.

The ankh shield is overrated, but adding these would make it finally worth it to obtain rather then have it be a niche item...

The ankh shield is overrated, but adding these would make it finally worth it to obtain rather then have it be a niche item...
...You're kidding, right?

Call it overrated if that's how you feel, but the idea that the ankh shield is a niche item is flat-out wrong.

Anyway, I like this! I'd prefer it to be rolled into the ankh shield just because accessory slots are precious, but it's always bugged me that those two were left out of any sort of combination.

...You're kidding, right?

Call it overrated if that's how you feel, but the idea that the ankh shield is a niche item is flat-out wrong.

Anyway, I like this! I'd prefer it to be rolled into the ankh shield just because accessory slots are precious, but it's always bugged me that those two were left out of any sort of combination.
I feel it's overrated because all of those debuffs are either circumventible, weak, or you actually have to try to get. there isn't really a single one I can think of which really is an exception.
It's way too difficult to get for the value it has, which is borderline decent.

I feel it's overrated because all of those debuffs are either circumventible, weak, or you actually have to try to get. there isn't really a single one I can think of which really is an exception.
It's way too difficult to get for the value it has, which is borderline decent.
its actually super useful early hardmode, but by the time you get it you can usually kill/avoid all the enemies it protects you from with ease, with higher damage and wings. i do agree though that these upgrades would actually make it better than the paladins shield, which it should be considering you usually get them around the same time unless you deliberately wait around for full moons to farm for bandages.

Back
Top Bottom