The heavy metal thread of metalness

MINOU

Steampunker
Hello listeners and non-listeners of glorious heavy metal music! I have noticed there is a disappointing lack of threads for discussing metal 'round these parts, so I have taken it upon myself to create one. Anyway! Share below the various types of metal you enjoy, news and affairs regarding metal, whatever else there is to share!

So what do you guys enjoy listening to then?

Last edited:
I grew up with metal, starting with death metal and eventually spread out to the other genres as well. Now I'm pretty much swimming in the stuff.

I enjoy the lighter sides of music too, but definitely can't live without metal at the end of the day. If you name it and I haven't heard it, I will go listen to it. Actually that's why I'm in this thread to find more.

Some bands I like in random order (not gonna list them all):

Death
Gojira
Dethklok
Drawn and quartered
Amon Amarth
Children of Bodom (sometimes)
Arch Enemy
Cannibal Corpse
Therion
Lordi
Slayer (in small doses)

Last edited:
i'm more into thrash and speed metal such as pantera slayer megadeth toxic holocaust and municipal waste. i will occasionally listen to death metal and other genres like death metal but i usually like songs that i can pick out what the singer is screaming :p.

*headbands viciously*

I listen to a lot of bands, my taste usually lies in nu-metal, industrial and deathcore. A little metalcore mixed in, I have some hard rock, alternative rock on my playlist, too.

Some of the bands that I listen to are
Bullet For My Valentine
Chelsea Grin
SlipKnoT
Arch Enemy
Suicide Silence
Mushroomhead
Slapshock
Asking Alexandria
Avenged Sevenfold
BABYMETAL
Black Veil Brides
Breaking Benjamin
Cradle of Filth
Hatebreed
Killswitch Engage
Krokodil
Lamb of God
Motionless in White
Pillar
Scar the Martyr; and
The Agonist

My kinda stuff is power metal and industrial metal with a bit of thrash, sludge, and death mixed in as well, preferably not all at once.

My favorites atm are Sabaton and Nightwish.

Anyway! Share below the various types of metal you enjoy, ?

te_metal_ingot.jpg

Being serious, i used to enjoy a lot of heavy/thrash metal bands back in the days, but as of now i can only stand a few heavy metal bands.
Malmsteen, queensryche and a few others.

Well i have a very wide range of interest, going through metallica, megadeth, to Opeth, dream theater, then pantera, slipknot, the usual stuff. One of my favorite ones are Carcass, and Metallica.

Aw yiss, we needed this thread. I'm gonna introduce any metalheads here to a band I have listened to a lot recently (mainly their newest album). It's Phinehas and their "The Last Word is Yours to Speak" album is fantastic. Here's a taste of it:

My favorite song by them:

I listen to some indie metal but I also like Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, For Today, and plenty of alternative metal.

EDIT: I apologize for the bump. I didn't see the date of this thread.

I listen to mostly power metal/folk metal person now, as well as some melodic death and technical death metal. But, I listen to pretty much every subgenre of metal. My favorite bands are Heathan Foray, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Wizard, Blind Guardian, Ex Deo, and Revocation.
Here's some songs from them if anyone was interested:
Fleshgod Apocalypse - The Violation
Heathen Foray - Bifrost
(love that intro, probably my favorite song by them)
Ex Deo - Along the Appian Way
(all their songs are about roman history, which is why they're one of my favorite bands)
Wizard - The Powergod
Blind Guardian -

I'm into asking Alexandria, bring me the horizon, falling in reverse, escape the fate, slip knot, fly leave etc etc, not necessarily heavy metal but I like anything with a good vocal (scream, growl anything really) and great guitar :) oh and element 80

in my Bio there's part of a blind guardian's song, Im more with the most extreme part of the genre basically death metal (love technical and prog death), old thrash metal, also I enjoy a lot NWOBHM, and black metal, my first metal bands are the nerdy ones so they have room in my heart I'll never stop listening old rhapsody and luca turilli's, stratovarius, that kind of thing, I'm no a fan of doom stuff, but I love Ahab.

recomended bands:

Theory in Practice: first two albums
gorguts: obscura
Death: human, individual thought patterns, symbolic, sound of perseverance
Pavor: furioso (technical as hell, sick bass player)
pan.thy.monium: pretty weird stuff, interesting to hear
edge of sanity: crimson
tank: war drags ever on (heavy metal)
sadus: first three albums (pretty fast and sick thrash metal)
Ahab
first kataklysm works (sick vocals)
Summoning
Ulver first albums
aghora: first album
cynic: focus
the list could be longer...

if you like new stuff:
beyond creation (progressive death metal, forest lapointe is kinda god of bass players)
and augury same as beyond creation...

and I really like this wardruna it's a norse folk music project it's not metal, but there are some members from a black metal band and it's awesome

Dragonforce was pretty awesome, most notably for their "Through the Fire and Flames", though I liked "Fury of the Storm".
Go search it up yourselves.

Bands that shouldn't be left out: Rammstein, Avatar, Finntroll... probably more but these are the ones I remember right now.

Dragonforce was pretty awesome, most notably for their "Through the Fire and Flames", though I liked "Fury of the Storm".
Go search it up yourselves.
ironically through the fire and flames was not recorded at that speed originally it was sped up in a computer program he has since learned to play it at that speed though.
also this is sick:
plus theirs a red fang cameo

I listen to a wide variety of Metal, but I tend to stick to stuff that involves harsh vocals. Anyway the bands I listen to regularly are:

In Flames (prefer their older stuff, but I do like everything before Siren Charms).
Lamb of God
Scar Symmetry
Arch Enemy
Amon Amarth
Sylosis
Slipknot
Iced Earth
Opeth
Trivium (Shogun is still one of my favourite albums)
Devildriver
Dimmu Borgir (listened to a bit of them, they are amazing)
Slayer

I am trying to find bands that are like the old In Flames. I really liked a lot of their pre- Reroute to Remain stuff and I really wish they would go back to that style XD

I am trying to find bands that are like the old In Flames. I really liked a lot of their pre- Reroute to Remain stuff and I really wish they would go back to that style XD

Check these out then.

Children of Bodom is worth listening to also, but they're different from In Flames' old style.

Metal is pretty cool! I especially like titanium. Whenever I feel sad I listen to titanium, or maybe some gold. I grew up with heavy metals like that, so honestly it feels sort of like when I was growing up. Oh, we're talking about different things?
In all seriousness, I don't like any certain bands, I just listen to it whenever it's on.

Back
Top Bottom