Story The Heroes of the Terrarian Center

Dragonlord1

Terrarian
Last edited:
P: 10 Years Ago​

It was 15 years ago. Cthulhu, monster of the dreamworld had sent his brother, the almighty Moon Lord to dispatch a new settlement on the surface. In this settlement, there was a merchant, a gunsmith, a nurse, a dwarf, a nymph, a wizard, a mechanic, a wise guide and adventurer, a knight clothed in black, a clothier, a dryad, and her husband, a mighty Egyptian hero.

Just as the group got settled, the Moon Lord struck, destroying several huts. The gunsmith open-fired with a Gatligator, the dark clad hero with his Pulse Bow, only for the gunsmith and black clad hero to get whacked away by a sweep of the Moon Lord’s hand. The Moon Lord prepared to squash the two, but his hand got impaled by the warrior’s True Excalibur.

The Moon Lord left, the moon, his source of power, setting. He went to his brother and convinced him that the settlers had committed unforgivable crimes. This caused Cthulhu to attack the settlers, killing the Egyptian hero and prompting the Dryads to stop him. They couldn’t kill him, so they instead crippled him, ripping out his eyes, chunks of his brain, and his skeleton. They then banished him to the dark side of the moon, where he keeps all the most powerful monsters alive. Only one dryad still lives, the others having perished. The Moon Lord then left the settlers with only the basic stuff, the heroes left with 100 health each, the Egyptian's ankh, and copper tools. The settlers, seeing this, went into hiding. The clothier and the mechanic both headed to the dungeon, the clothier getting cursed by the Moon Lord and the mechanic bound by the Lunar Coven. The heroes, the dark clad misterboss4 and Benis, as well as Set, the son of the nymph and hero, decided to work together to get revenge on the Moon Lord. Several times.

1: After the Fight

I: Present Day​

The trio set out to do just that once they became of proper age, 10 years later. As they traveled, Set, who was nervous to fight the being that slain his father, fidgeted with the Ankh his father gave him. Benis constructed an adequate Eye of Cthulhu arena. Misterboss4 mined and prepared for the first powerful monster to arrive: The Eye of Cthulhu. Mining platinum and searching for a Demon Alter and crystal hearts by day and killing demon eyes and collecting fallen stars by night, misterboss4 was the obvious brains of the operation.

Set walked up to misterboss4.

“You missed one.”

“Thanks, Set.”

Set nodded to misterboss4 as he kept mining, killing all the monsters that would appear that were trying to kill misterboss4 so he could focus on mining and not having to constantly watch his back. Misterboss4 finishes mining as set breaks his copper short sword into a zombie.

“Crap, now I’m unarmed!” Set said frustrated as he grasped at the Ankh.

“Here, take this,” says misterboss4 as he hands Set a Platinum longsword.

“Did you just build this randomly without a workbench?” Set said looking at misterboss4 confused as he slashes through the remaining undead.

Misterboss4 shows Set a workbench, furnace, and anvil.

“I always come prepared.”

“Oh, nice!” Set says, smiling at misterboss4.

“I made the sword earlier. It pays off to always carry crafting stuff with me.”

“Anyways, when do you think the giant eyeball is going to attack?”

“It’s the Eye of Cthulhu, and we can summon it now.”

“I know that’s its name dude, I was mocking it.”

“You want to fight it tonight? I have found a Demon Altar. I can make a Suspicious Looking Eye.”

“How about I fight it alone? Anything Cthulhu is my enemy. The guy killed my dad, so I’m gonna kill him.”

“When?”

“Tonight. You seem to have your heart set on that time, so why not?”

"You sure? If you wait, even if only one night, I can get you platinum armor and a few hearts."

"Alright, fine, that sounds like a better idea then charging headfirst into death.”

"Then you should head up to the surface. See you tomorrow.”

Meanwhile, on the surface, Benis was putting the finishing touches on the arena.

Set climbs up and looks at the arena: “How’s it goin’ Benis?”

“It’s good.” Benis says as he continues to place wood and torches

“hmm,” Set looks at the arena, “I agree, it is coming along good, but we could probably use some campfires in case our health gets too low, would you like me to place some?” Set asks as he pulls his wood and torches.

Misterboss4, wearing platinum, comes up, “Hey guys, I got platinum armor for you both. I’m off to the Corruption to get Ancient Shadow.”

“Looking good, misterboss!” Set looks to the brains of the operation with a big smile on his face, “I’ll join you in a bit.”

“Take this before I leave,” misterboss4 says as he puts platinum armor in a chest.

Set nods with a smile and equips said armor. He then places campfires around the arena for healing and follows misterboss4 west.

“So misterboss, how did you meet my dad?” Set asks, trying to speed things up with talk, as they had no speed boots, no mounts, and no wings, so it would take a while before they reached the corruption

“He was a good friend from the days before Cthulhu's rage. We met while fighting an Angry Bones horde in the dungeon. I still remember how he looked like a hedgehog after getting pelted by an exploded bone pile.” Misterboss4 chuckles.

Set blinks: “Huh. What were you two doing down there?”

“Exploring. Mining. The usual.”

“And my dad?” Set looks to his ‘uncle’ curious about what his father was doing.

“You know, I don’t actually know. He said he was doing some sort of religious search for a relic, and when we walked out, he came out with nothing but an obsidian shield. I found that kind of dumb if I am being honest.”

“Oh.” Set nods, confused

“, now that I think about it, he put that ankh of yours in the shield. Maybe we should find the shield.”

“Wait, he did what!?” his eyes widen and grasped at his ankh.

“He combined the 2.”

“Your telling me this is the Ankh of Dad’s legendary Ankh shield!?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Then why did he give me the ankh when without the ankh, the shield’s power is gone?”

“I know I’m the smartest out of the three of us, but I don’t know everything. For all I know, he might have felt outmatched, even with the Ankh, and given it to you so you could use it later.”

“We’ll figure it out. Don’t worry,” misterboss4 says to Set calmly, trying to raise the mood. “But we’re almost there! Ready to kill some Eaters?”

Set looks at the ankh and holds it tightly, not understanding why his dad would do something so foolish, but he nods, as first they need to take out Cthulhu's main way of spying on the people before they can solve this mystery. That’s when Set tripped over something and found out the hard way they reached the desert with a mouthful of sand.

II. The Pyramid​

“I think you found the desert,” misterboss4 says with a laugh. “Is that a pyramid up ahead?”

Set spits the sand out: “No, that’s a pyramid I tripped over.” the boy says, pointing at the tip of the old structure sticking out of the sand.

“I bet we could find the entrance if we dug down.”

Set nods: “I agree, but this is a structure of my people, let’s not damage too much.”

“OK. This stuff is nearly indestructible anyways.”

Set then begins digging with his hands to try and get to the entrance, only to be stopped by Misterboss4 and handed a platinum pickaxe.

“Use this, it’s much faster.”

“Stabbing the ground is faster than actually moving it?” Set tilts his head.

“It’s best not to think about it, kiddo,” misterboss4 chuckles as he begins digging. “It works, so do it.”

Set complies and begins digging and finds the entrance: “Found it!”

“Let’s see what we can find! Maybe we can find a shield like your father’s!”

“Hey, you might be right!” Set says with that happy smile of his

“Maybe a different type of Ankh for me and Benis would be nice.

“Who knows, maybe we can even find a Khopesh down here?”

Set ignites a torch and begins to walk down the halls, reading the hieroglyphics as he walks down. “Did dad ever teach you how to read these?”

“No. We never went anywhere to make it matter.”

“Oh. Well basically it talks about mom and dad’s adventures throughout time. Before you met them. It says here that they met after mom was sent by her people’s former allies, the nymphs, to kill him after he messed their mantraps up. They fought, fought... more fighting... ah, here we go, after three long days of fighting, they found themselves in each other’s arms, and fell in love. Then they worked together to break the alliance by showing the dryads the evil of the nymphs,” he says as he reads the hieroglyphics to his ally.

“He actually told me that story. He exaggerated a bit, though.”

Set snickers and smiles: “Doesn’t seem like him to exaggerate these things, but I guess I only knew him for three years.” He sighs and looks down: “I miss him, Boss.”

“He really wasn’t one to exaggerate,” misterboss4 says with a chuckle, “and I miss him, too.”

Set nods and hears a clang from him kicking something. “What was that?”

“Let’s check!” misterboss4 says excitedly, picking it up.

The item was the helmet of Jackson, the hero and father of Set. The only difference was that the three gems in the helm were missing.

“D-dad’s pharaoh mask...” Set says, his eyes filling with tears and grasped his ankh with his free hand

“How’d it find its way here?” Misterboss4 asks as several tombs around them open, and mummies armed with rusty Khopesh rose and approached them.

“I guess we’ll have to find out later!” Set says as he draws the platinum longsword.

“Let’s take it and leave after we get rid of these mummies!” misterboss4 says, drawing his Blade of Grass.

Set lunges and slashes at a mummy, which parries with its Khopesh. Misterboss4 stabs at the mummies. They block with the flat sides of their weapons. They stab back at Misterboss4 with intent to kill, but he blocks and parries.

“Dang their good!” exclaims misterboss4.

“They’re mummified royal guards, judging by the armor, even in death they are protecting their kings, but they died somehow, we just gotta kill them again.” set shouts as the mummy dueling him headbutts him, breaking his nose and causing blood to quicky drain from his nose like a tap. “Ow!”

“That looked like it hurt! Try to explain that you’re the son of the owner of that mask!” misterboss4 shouts over the battle.

“Right!” Set nods and begins speaking to them in Ancient Egyptian. The mummies speak back, and they begin a full-on conversation.

“It’s working!”

Misterboss4 is immediately hushed and Set keeps talking to the mummies. Eventually, the mummies kneel and present him with his father’s cape. In it, was multiple pockets, which was helpful for Set as he forgot his backpack when they started this journey, and that was going to hold most of his items. Now his father’s cape would hold those items. As they put it around Set’s neck, they take the Pharaoh’s mask and puts it on set. Set looks to Misterboss4 and smiles under the mask, “They say I am the prince of their kingdom, how about that?”

“Your father never told me what responsibilities he had. I wonder why he never did?”

A mummy says something to Set, “Ah. He was falsely exiled; his uncle took over lion king style and chased dad out. Guess it was a touchy subject.”

“Makes sense. Can you tell them that our goal is to avenge the death of your father, and that we could use all the help we can get? Having mummified royal guards on our side could really come in handy. These guys have skills.”

Set asks, in Ancient Egyptian, for help. They bring a Royal Guard by the name of Kamos, who speaks English fluently. Misterboss4 tells him to go East and meet up with Benis, explaining that the one really in charge was him. Set then proceeds to ask about the gems and shield.

Set nods: “Well, it’s time for us to take leave. I asked if the shield was here, and they said it was, but it was stolen. They said the same about the gems. Maybe we’ll find them on our adventures, who knows? For now, let’s go get that Ancient Shadow armor.”

III. The Corrupted Woods​

They proceed to exit the pyramid, heading further west. Set was adjusting the mask rapidly to get it to fit better as Misterboss4 joked about how Set was far too small to wear the mask.

“You want me to attach the inside to a smaller helmet?” He joked.

“It’s not too big, a piece of metal keeps poking me in the nape, it’s kinda annoying.” Set says, glaring Vampiric knives at Misterboss4.

“You want me to cut it off?”

“It’s fine, I'm sure dad had it there for a reason.” Set sighs.

“Yeah. He wasn’t one to discomfort himself without reason.”

“Dad usually had a reason for these things, so I'm sure it will help in the future.” Just then, Set falls into a giant hole in the ground.

“You OK!?” misterboss4 screams down.

“I’m okay...” Set shouts back, “I fell in a corrupted well, it burns, but I'll live.” Set climbs up and bumps his head on something: “OW, WHY AM I SO CLUMSY TODAY!?” Set looks at what he bumped his head on and his eyes widen, “Um, Misterboss4, you should come down here...”

Carefully coming down with a grapple hook, he lays eyes on the item Set was talking about, a purple floating orb.

“A Shadow Orb!” misterboss4 exclaims excitedly.

“That’s a good thing?” Set asks, confused as to why his companion was so giddy.

Misterboss4 pulls out a platinum pickaxe, saying,” Yes! I’m going to break it, so you see what happens!”

Set watches as his friend attacks the orb and shatters it, causing a small pouch of ammo and a musket to fall out.

“See, awesome!” misterboss4 says gleefully.

Set walks up to the musket and picks it up, “Incredi-” Then, he drops to his knees, gasping.

“What’s wrong?” Misterboss4 asks concernedly, holding Set by the shoulders.

“D-do you not feel that, that chill...?” Set asks, shaking, and breathing hard, as if he was chased by Duke Fishron.

“No. I'm not sure what you mean.” Misterboss4 asks, raising an eyebrow

Panting, he stands, “F-forget it, let’s keep moving...” Set says as he loads a musket ball into the musket, then begins marching forwards. He continued to stare down the sight the whole time and was obviously tense from earlier. “Misterboss4, what is the origin of the orb?”

“It’s a corruption thing. Past that, no clue.”

Set nods, adjusting the iron sight on the musket as Misterboss4 hears screeching.

“And here’s what we came for!” misterboss4 says about the screeching. They are suddenly swarmed by the denizens of the corruption, Eaters of Souls. Set opens fire as Misterboss4 pulls The Amazon out and the two destroy the enemy, left, right, and center. As they do this, Set quickly begins to adjust to the powerful rifle, and blasts each enemy accurately, with shots in the eyes. Misterboss4 was a beast with the Amazon, attacking the Eaters and killing them in seconds. Eventually, they clear the area, and they are surrounded by rotten meat chunks and coins.

“Why do these things have coins, do they buy stuff on a daily basis?” Set asks, confused as he picks up a handful of copper and silver.

“Who cares? Look we already have a full set of Ancient Shadow,” misterboss4 responds, putting the armor on.

He nods and reloads with the last of his ammo and leans against another orb. Set looks at it and breaks into a cold sweat. “Um, hey, what’s that?” Set asks, trying to get Misterboss4 to look away from said orb. He didn’t want to go through the experience from last time he felt. What he was pointing to was a skeleton with an epic hat and a bag full of supplies. It waved Misterboss4 over and set its sack down to sell him some things.

“Just a skeleton merchant. Don’t worry about it.”

Set sighs, glad that Misterboss4 hadn’t noticed the orb.

“Also, I know about the orb, but it can wait.” Misterboss4 states as he checks the Skeleton’s wares. This causes Set’s eyes to widen with an ‘oh crap’ face.

After purchasing a stack of spelunker glowsticks, Misterboss4 walks to the orb and shatters it with his pick, which causes Set to cover his ears and scream. The screams of the fallen echo in Set’s head. Misterboss4 had no idea why it only affected Set, but he assumed it was because he was part Dryad. Either way, set was not enjoying this.

“Sorry, guess you’re not used to the effect of the orb yet. You’ll get used to it in time. That does remind me of your mother whenever see came with us while we were spelunking, though.”

Set looks at misterboss4, then to the contents of the orb, a flail made of pure darkness, the ball-o-hurt, and it was all misterboss4’s. Afterall, Set got the musket, so the flail was his by default.

“Awesome! A Ball o’ Hurt! Possibly the best flail ever!”

Set stands and looks to misterboss4, “Good to know.”

“Okay, next one summons Eater of Worlds!”

“Then we shouldn’t destroy anymore, right...?” Set asks, hopefully.

“Are you kidding? Eater of Worlds gets us Shadow Scales! Obviously, we’re opening more.”

Set groans, using his musket to stand, “Alright, let’s get this over with...”

“Don’t worry, you should be fine. Your mother never had any problem with this one. But at the first sight of the Eater of Worlds, she was 5 miles away,” misterboss4 chuckles.

Set chuckles and loads his musket. He looks around and marches forward, looking for shadow orbs, and suddenly sees another swarm of Eaters of Souls. “Eaters incoming!”

“I see them!” misterboss4 responds, pulling out a platinum bow and some Jester’s Arrows.

Set takes aim and opens fire, quickly running out as he was already out of ammo. He then switches to beating the hell out of the eaters with the butt of his rifle while he looks for his sword.

Meanwhile, misterboss4 was opening fire with his bow and switching to The Amazon.

Set drops the rifle and draws his platinum broadsword, charging at the eaters, cutting through the eaters rapidly.

Misterboss4 then proceeds to pull out the Ball o’ Hurt and use it, smashing eaters into a fine mush of rotten and corrupt flesh.

Once the eaters are all slaughtered, 2 sets of ancient shadow armor, about 2 gold coins worth of silver and copper coins, and around 200 rotten chunks were left.

“Hey, Set, put on a set,” misterboss4 says, tossing a set of Ancient Shadow his way. “Pun entirely intended.”

Set breaks out laughing from what misterboss4 stated. He then puts the suit of armor on and examines the suit. “Nice, fits well too.” he smiles as he bangs his fist on the chest plate.

“You glad we came here yet? Even with the Shadow Orbs?”

Set nods, “Can’t say I am angry about the armor.”

“It’s the main reason we came here. Another set and we’ll be good. I think Eye of Cthulhu comes before Eater of Worlds, though. Let’s beat the Eye first. And look, the other set is just up ahead!” misterboss4 says, pointing at another swarm.

Set nods and rushes the Swarm. He slashes through Eaters with the speed of Hermes himself.

“Hey! Don’t start without me!” says misterboss4 as he rushes in with the Ball o’ Hurt.

This time, the two quickly decimated the enemy, and they got their hands on yet another set, plus 3 extras for the mummies. Set holsters his sword and nods to misterboss4.

“We good?” Set asks as the ground cracks and gives in, collapsing in, and Set and misterboss4 fall into the hole. In said hole, was something strange. There was a shadow orb in the mouth of the statue of a strange worm creature. Set stands and looks at the creature statue, “The hell is that thing? I don’t think that’s supposed to be like that.”

“That should be good for now. Let’s go back and get the armor to the others,” misterboss4 says to Set.

“Um, there’s an orb right there, so should we break it?” Set looks to misterboss4, wanting to know what his preference is on this place, but he understood that he most likely just wanted them to leave. Either way, he knew something was up with this room.

“We’ll come back after the Cthulhu fight and break it.”

Set nods and uses some magic to extend some vines down, though they were only strong enough for one person as they were corrupt, but thankfully misterboss4 has a grappling hook to get out as well. Set climbs out with the vines while misterboss4 climbs out via grappling hook.

“Well, Set, I think it's time for us to go back so you can kill it.”

IV. Battle with the Eye​

Returning with 6 sets of Ancient Shadow, and wearing two of them, misterboss4 and Set head to the arena where Benis and the Mummies are admiring said arena.

“Benis those better be platforms,” misterboss4 says as he walks up to the arena.

“But of course, man, what kind of doofus doesn’t add platforms?”

“Good. Just making sure because it looks like scattered platforms.”

“No, I used glass ones. I found a glass smelter in the mines. Also, who’s fighting and who’s not?” Benis says as he wipes some sweat from his brow.

“Set is fighting alone, and I’m jumping in if things get messy.”

Benis nods and rests his hammer on his shoulder, “Alright, good luck you two.” Benis nods as he tosses them both 5 medium health potions.

Set lays down on the ground and takes his helm and mask off, then yawns and takes a nap to allow him to be at his full potential. By the time he wakes up, it was night, and he felt as though he was being watched.

“Showtime.”

Misterboss4 tosses him a suspicious looking eye. “Stab to summon. Maybe we defeat him here and again tomorrow?”

Set catches it, nods, and puts it in his pocket. He proceeded to glide up the platforms and stand at the top, ready for the eye to appear.

The Eye appeared. As soon as The Eye was in range, Set attacked, using a platinum longsword. He was quickly taking fast damage from servants, so misterboss4 jumped in with the Ball O’ Hurt and Blade of Grass. The Blade of Grass, being more powerful than Demonite, sliced through the Servants of Cthulhu with ease, but the Eye not so much. Working together, Set and misterboss4 did fast damage to Cthulhu’s eye, but the tide turned the instant the battle went phase 2.

Misterboss4 ended up throwing the Ball O’ Hurt repeatedly, instead of spinning it first, causing more DPS. Every now and then, he would spin the flail, doing 15 damage every time it hit and 30 on throw. Set downed a health potion and grabbed a handful of frag grenades out of a nearby pot, then lunges at the eye, hurling grenades as fast as possible.

Eventually, he was defeated, but not before dealing great damage to the pair. Misterboss4 had scratches all over, and a few were deep enough to draw blood. Set looked like an overused training dummy but had a grin on his face wider than Skeletron’s grimace. The two collect the items dropped by the eye and climb out, Set carrying a pile of Demonite, misterboss4 a trophy, some seeds, and some unholy arrows. Set takes out some cloth and wraps his cuts, then tosses the rest to misterboss4.

“We did it. We destroyed the Eye.”

“Hell, yeah we did.” Set chuckles, putting the Demonite ore in a furnace to smelt it.

“Now all we need are some Shadow Scales.”

Set nods, “Before we do, we should get some rest and maybe build ourselves a home.”

“Yes. But first we need to make a Light’s Bane for you.”

Benis nods and gets working.

“Benis! Make the crafting room large enough to fit everything we could possibly need.”

“I added a second floor, Boss.” Benis points to the stairs.

“Could you at least put the entrance in the air? Less risk of monster’s getting in that way.”

“I added a trapdoor on the second floor. If you don’t like it, deal with it.”

Benis spends the next two hours forging the blade, creating a demonic beauty. He then presents it to Set, “Use it well, pal.” Set nods and takes the blade, twirling it and holstering the blade. Just then, they hear a knock on the door and muttering outside

“Do you think they’re actually in there?” One voice asks.

“I know my son, if he’s anywhere, he’s in here.” Another says.

“I bet that they are going to need my help, those guys are reckless and probably are wounded as heck.” The third says.

Set looks to misterboss4 and slowly approaches the door. “Whose there?" Set opens the door and freezes. Then he shoots out and yells, “MOM!”

“Wait. You guys came here?” misterboss4 asked, having expected to have to go find them.

“Yep. We heard that you guys managed to destroy one of Cthulhu’s eyes, we thought we could do something to help.” Set was busy hugging his mother, who was hugging back.

The dryad speaks, “My, you have grown so much, my son, you even have your father’s mask!” She stands up and pulls Set to his feet.

“Benis and a new friend you might recognize are upstairs. We’re starting to get back to our old selves before the incident, and I’ve got this.” misterboss4 says, drawing his Blade of Grass. “Set here has a Light’s Bane to use, Alura. I’ll probably give him this if I find something better. I might make him his own, honestly.”

The Dryad nods and smiles, “Good, thank you, Boss. How are you holding up?”

“We’re good. We all miss Akhan, though, including our new friend.”

The merchant and Nurse walk in as Alura raises an eyebrow: “Who is this friend of yours?”

“You’ll see soon enough.”

Alura nods as Set brings the three to their new rooms. When Alura was brought to her room, she used her magic to make the room into living wood, which brought a smile to her face due to how much it reminded her of the room she shared with her husband when she was still pregnant with Set. She wished to herself Akhan was there, but her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Hey Alura, can we come in?” misterboss4 says from outside the room. “I would like you to meet our new friend.”

“Yes, come in.” Alura looks at the door.

Misterboss4 walks in. “I believe the 2 of you may know each other?”

The two begin talking in Egyptian, then begin laughing together like old friends: “Yes, we do. Where did you find each other, Boss?”

“Set tripped over the tip of a pyramid, so we went exploring. That pyramid was where we found the mask. Let's just say Set saved the both of us simply because his father was Akhan.”

Alura smiles, “Ah, they recognized him as royalty, didn’t they?”

“Nope. He started talking to them in Egyptian and told them who his father was. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have made it out alive. Honestly, I couldn’t understand a word they said, so don’t ask me how the conversation went.” misterboss4 chuckled. “I can’t speak a word of Egyptian.”

Alura giggles, “Good thing he told them, Kamos is Egypt’s most skilled guard. Thousands have tried to beat him, none have succeeded.”

“Honestly, I’m just glad he speaks English. My decisions don’t have to go through Set to get to him this way. Benis and I can’t speak Egyptian. It never came up on my journey’s with Akhan, so I never had any problem with it. I got Set to translate when needed. And there were around 20, and all of them were good enough to nearly beat me and Set.”

Alura nods, “Well, you can’t expect them to not be prepared, you know? Who knows, maybe our enemy would all the sudden come and attack the temple? That would not end well if they brought a monster like Betsy or a leader like the Lunatic.”

Meanwhile, Set was downstairs, reading some of the papyrus scrolls the guards gave him. In one of these scrolls was something that caught his eye, Zenith. The sword was apparently this was an Egyptian religious weapon, and was made of 9 swords, one of them being Akhan’s former broadsword, the true Excalibur. Some of the swords were powerful, others were not. Most were magic, though, and it required a blade of the wielder’s origin to use, so he decides it would most likely be a copper short sword, which was good that he kept the broken weapon on him, but the more he thinks, the more questions come up. Was his father trying to build this? Was this the weapon that could slay the demons of the dreamworld? What is the origin of this weapon? Why is he sitting there thinking when he could just go to his mother, misterboss4, or Kamos? these things were good questions, and he stood up, went upstairs, and went to ask the three of them.

“I think I’m going to the Underground Jungle to make an Ivy Whip. Oh, Set, what’s up?” misterboss4 says as he nearly walks into Set.

Set stops walking before he walks into misterboss4 when he exits, “Sorry, Boss. I was going to come to you three about something I read. Do you mind looking over it and explaining what it is?”

“Oh. Then I’ll leave later.”

Set unrolls the papyrus and presents the scroll to misterboss4. “Do you know what this sword is and what the importance of it to my father is? One of parts in it appears to be my dad’s sword, so I assume dad wanted to have it.”

Alura and Kamos look at the scroll from over misterboss4’s shoulder as he begins speaking, “That is Zenith, the blade of the dreamworld. It is supposedly one of the only four weapons that can kill Cthulhu, the other three being the Terrarian, the weapon that supposedly controls the world, the Final Prism, a weapon that manipulates light itself, and the Zapinator, the legendary electricity cannon created by the gods themselves.”

Set blinks, “Wow. But why did dad want to get it?”

“He wanted it to protect the world,” misterboss4 responds.

Set nods, understanding. “Did he ever talk to you about it?”

“Not really.”

“ah... well do you know what these weapons are other than these two?” He points at the true Excalibur and the copper short sword.

“Yes. The True Night’s Edge is the sword I’ve been working toward. The Terra Blade, the combination, is another one I’ve been working toward. I’ll be back in a bit,” misterboss4 says as he leaves.

Set nods, “Have fun, buddy.” He says with a smile, then heads upstairs to talk to his mother.

Upstairs, his mother was asleep, so Set decided to let her sleep and went to join misterboss4: “Wait up, Boss!”

V: The Jungle​

“So, you decided to tag along?”

“Yep, mom’s asleep. You don’t mind, do you?” Set looks at misterboss4 hopefully.

“Not at all, I’d love some company.” misterboss4 states.

“Yay!” Set smiles, happy to go mining and monster hunting with one of his friends. He draws his broadsword and drank a shine potion. He offers misterboss4 one so he can see without holding a torch. “Want one? It tastes surprisingly like cream soda.” Set knew what cream soda tasted like as his father once got a 12 pack from the traveling merchant and gave everyone one. Set loved the beverage and bought the merchant’s entire stock every time he had any.

“Sure. We need 2 things: stingers and jungle spores.”

Set nods, “Unless we get lucky and manage to find an enchanted sword.”

“Nah, we’re going to get Ivy Whips.”

The two head east to head to the jungle, walking with a pep in their step. Set looks to misterboss4 and asks him something, “So what kind of adventures did you, mom and dad have before I was born?”

“Honestly, nothing special.”

“Oh, come on, there’s got to be some sort of fun stories.”

“Well,” misterboss4 states, “There is one thing. Your mother, father and I were wandering through the Jungle caverns to look for some supplies to make accouple sets of Terra-boots, when your father and I got separated from your mom. He panicked and frantically searched for her. We ended up finding someone, and thought it was her. Akhan ran to her and hugged her, but that’s when we realized it wasn’t her, it was a nymph! She beat the crap outta him until I stabbed her through the back of her head. We had continued to wander until we found her stuck in the inner wall of a giant beehive. When we entered, we were immediately attacked by the queen bee of the hive. While we fought it, your mom managed to get free with a misfired stinger the queen bee shot and used her magic to heal us, which was helpful as the poison was really taking its effect on us. We managed to kill the thing and, in the process, got a helluva lot of honey for selling and eating. That same night was when your mom and dad got engaged. So yeah, that was one of our most interesting adventures.”

“Oh. Wow! That is an awesome story!” Set smiles and grasps his father’s ankh gently, having enjoyed the tale of how his parents got engaged.

“Good, cause it’s the best you’re getting.”

Set chuckles, “Fair enough.”

“Speaking of which, we’re here! You go kill some hornets; I’ll get the jungle spores.”

“Roger that.” Set states as he twirls his platinum blade and charges, quickly beginning to butcher hornets and cutting their abdomens and picking them up, too focused to stop and remove the stingers yet, and bashing through skeletons and dragon snappers trying to stop and slay him. By the time misterboss4 looks up, the jungles were covered in green blood. Some of which also got on misterboss4 and in his eyes.

“Watch it, Set!” misterboss4 says, rubbing the blood out of his eyes.

“Sorry!” Set apologizes as he decapitates one last wasp.

“How many stingers did you get?”

Set hands misterboss4 about 50 stingers, “Will this be enough, boss?”

“Maybe.”

“I’ll go kill more.” Set then resumes his insect massacre.

“I was only coming up to check on you,” misterboss4 says as he goes back down through the trap door to run back and forth with flower boots.

By now Set finishes off the swarm, killing about 35 more and getting that many stingers, pocketing them in his father’s cape, and begins looking for misterboss4.

“How many you got now, Set?” misterboss4 asks, coming up due to the sound of footsteps.

“Eighty-five, how’s that?”

“Like a pick is going to do anything! Didn’t I give you a Light’s Bane?” misterboss4 says as he pulls out the Blade of Grass and Amazon.

“A what?” Set asks as he swings at it as fast as he can.

“Sword made from Demonite.”

“Oh, this?” Set draws a Legendary Lights bane and slashes through the bee, harming and enraging it into a frenzy.

“The Light’s Bane is so much better than a platinum longsword. Use That from now on. In fact, I want you to sell the platinum longsword when we get back.”

“No.” Set duel wields as the large bee flies up behind him.

“If that is your plan, then fine. Look behind you.”

Set blinks and turns around, looking at the giant bee: “What the fu-” Set is sent flying and slams into the wall of the hive, then falls into the honey and slowly sinks in.

Misterboss4 then proceeds to pull him out before he drowned and feed him a bottle of honey to heal him.

“You stay right there,” misterboss4 says, swinging the Amazon around to get rid of any other bees while charging the Queen in a rage. Set charges with misterboss4 despite what he said to slash apart bees firing at them.

“Let me deal with this!” misterboss4 yells at Set as he blocks a stinger with the Blade of Grass, then pulls a stack of frag grenades and begins blowing him up. Set uses a grappling hook to keep the Queen in place and ties it to the ground, then runs up the chain with the swords drawn, then begins stabbing it in the head.

“Seriously, Set?! I had it under control!” Set is slammed into the wall again as misterboss4 is shot rapidly with poisonous barbs. Both people collapse, misterboss4 on the verge of death already as he may have protected himself from most, but he was hit in chinks in the shadow armor and the poison quickly took effect.

“BOSS!”

“Heath … pot … now.” Misterboss4 says very slowly due to poison. Set then pulls misterboss4 to the honey as the Queen Bee comes down behind him. Set turns around and snaps, causing roots to shoot through the walls of the hive and wrap around the queen.

“You’ve made the mistake of hurting my uncle; therefore, I will not give you the mercy of merely wounding; I will end you completely.”
The Queen Bee, not understanding a word, attacked, only to get sliced up by Set’s swords. Finally, the Queen was re-wrapped in the roots and slowly strangled tighter and tighter until it burst from the pressure.

All that remained were a couple weapons, one of which was easily identifiable as one of the parts included in the sword Akhan was focused on forging. The other was a weird bow, which was bee-themed, obviously. Set picked it up for misterboss4 as well as the sword for his father’s weapon.

Meanwhile, misterboss4 was finished recovering from his wounds and walked over.

“Hey, Set, was that a bow?”

“Boss!” Set embraces the guide-based hero tightly, happy that he was okay.

“Hey, calm down kiddo, I’m fine. It’s gonna take a lot more than some cheap shots from an oversized bee to bring me down. Now ya think you can answer the question?” misterboss4 smiles.

Set nods and lets go before answering, “No, it is a bow, it’s a gift for you due to causing you to get poisoned.” Set gives him the bow.

After testing the bow, and seeing it produce 6 bees, misterboss4 says, “Nice bow.”

He smiles, “Good, you are skilled with a bow, so you could be quite a lethal force if you have a good one.”

“Thanks.”

“Of course!” Set smiles before blinking and his smile fading: “Um, misterboss4, do you feel like we’re being watched?”

“No, but we probably are. Especially if you feel like it. It wouldn’t surprise me.” Misterboss4 then focuses on finding the stalker. “Found him,” he says as he points to the corner of the hive.

A volley of poisoned darts are fired at misterboss4 but Set protects him with his magic by moving a root in the way.

“Come out. We already know you’re there,” misterboss4 says to the stalker. “If you don’t, I’ll go over there and drag you out.”

The person jumps down, it was a reptilian from the temple, armed with a blowgun, ritual spear, and a staff, he pointed his spear at the two challengingly.

“You sure you want to do that?” misterboss4 says to the reptilian.

He nods and cocks his head, prepared to fight.

“Fine, I’ll fight you,” misterboss4 says.

The witch doctor begins to circle him while rattling his staff.

“Yeah right, like I’m gonna let you do that!” misterboss4 says as he rushes the witch doctor with his Blade of Grass, attempting to knock him out with the blunt side of the sword before he can react, but the doctor blocks and hits him in the head with the staff with a loud ‘TWAP!’

Misterboss4 grabs the staff directly after and takes it out of the witch doctor’s hands, tossing it to Set, as the witch doctor pulls out his blowgun and fires 3 non-poison darts from a point-blank range at misterboss4.

This makes misterboss4 angry, prompting him to pull out a shield and his Amazon. He then knocks the witch doctor out with the yoyo, ending the fight.

“Should we bring him back and have Kaitlyn heal him?”

“Sure, he probably just thought we were trespassing, he didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Ok, let’s magic mirror back with him,” misterboss4 says as he pulls out the magic mirror.

“Where did you get that?”

“I found it in a chest while mining.”

“Cool.”

Set looks at misterboss4, then something behind his friend catches his eye, “Hey misterboss4, turn around.”

“Okay.” Behind misterboss4 was a legendary sword of a hero in a hard stone, surrounded by monsters and traps. He instantly knows what it is, “You need that. It is an Enchanted Sword. Though I recognize it now, and there is a small chance it drops a Terragrim.”

“In that case let’s hope we don’t get it, because the Enchanted sword is one of the things we need for dad’s sword.”

“Well, we need to fight this horde first,” misterboss4 says, gesturing to the monsters.

Set nods and cocks his neck and pulls his musket, then takes aim, preparing to snipe the beasts.

Misterboss4 pulls out his own The Bee’s Knees, prepared to switch to the Blade of Grass if need be.

Set began to fire upon the monsters, who instantly notice the two and crawl at them as Set picks off one at a time.

Misterboss4, meanwhile, is learning more about his new bow, which has a homing attack after the projectile hits something as Set keeps firing and butting away any monsters that get too close with a follow-up with a stab with the broken copper short word through the bottom of its jaw.

They manage to get rid of the monsters, and Set grabs the hilt, staring down at it, then at misterboss4, unsure if he can pull it. Misterboss4 gives him a confident nod and set nods back, then yanks the sword from the rock.

“Now let’s get this guy back to the base,” misterboss4 says, gesturing to the witch doctor, who was regaining consciousness. “Now, you’re lucky I didn’t kill you,” misterboss4 says to him. “What’s your name?”

Alura uses a translation spell on the Doctor who speaks to them, “My name is Abibe. Who are you two and why were you in the jungle?”

“We’re adventurers, and we were there for resources. Why did you attack us?”

“Because you were standing on the grave of my wife.” He cuts his eyes, “Why do you think there was a statue of a female lizhard there?”

“Oh, I’m really sorry. We were just walking; we had no idea.” misterboss4 frowns, feeling for the man as he merely sighs, not mad anymore due to knowing that the two did not mean any harm. “It’s fine, but I want you to be more considerate.”

“If you want, you can stay here. I am just suggesting this because we have a protected building. We can maybe find a way to move the grave.”

“... I tried to kill you, why do you wish to help me?” He seemed confused by the kindness of this world’s guide, especially when he tried to poison and impale him.

“Because I am not one to hold a grudge. Set and I are trying to avenge the death of his father, a good friend of mine, and we need all the help we can get. You seem like you can help us, and we don’t mind paying. I will be back soon; I’m just going mining. Kaitlyn will tend to your wounds,” misterboss4 says as he leaves. As he leaves, He sees something that sends chills down his spine and runs back inside. “Set! Benis! Kamos! We have a problem!”

Last edited:
VI: The Goblin Invasion​

Set, Benis and Kamos rush out and Benis shouts, “What’s wrong, Boss?”

“Take a look for yourself,” misterboss4 says pointing at a goblin invasion force.

“Jesus, that’s not good...” Benis said as Set grips the enchanted sword and beekeeper.

“You got that right,” misterboss4 says as he pulls out The Bee’s Knees.

Set drops down and stares the oncoming army down. There was something strange, it was more organized, and they had an unknown goblin wielding a massive sword with them. They were nothing like the goblin patrols that misterboss4 and Akhan fought, these guys were gonna be trouble, and they would need all of them to fight with everything they have. Set twirls the two swords and points them at the approaching armies as Benis prepares a turret that shoots poison darts, as well as a catapult to throw 3 grenades as well. Misterboss4 is given a counterweight Set purchased from the wandering trader and is wielded with his Amazon, and misterboss4 begins spinning both like a pair of helicopter blades. Finally, Kamos and his 2 men had armed themselves with flails and makeshift shields made with doors and were prepared to lay down their afterlives to protect their friends.

“Everyone ready?” misterboss4 says, asking if they were ready to fight. Set nods as the guards prepare and Benis loads the turret and catapult. “Then Let’s do this,” he says, and they all charge except Benis, who has a catapult and a turret to operate. Set begins hacking, slashing, blasting and stinging enemies with the duel swords as misterboss4, Kamos, and the two guards begin crushing skulls as the catapults begin hurling grenades and blowing up goblins, sending limbs flying. As the others fight, the goblin swordsmen attacks Set with a kick to the stomach and swung down in an attempt to cut him in half, but he guards himself by scissor blading with beekeeper and the enchanted sword. Set pushes him back and jumps back and lunges, slashing at the goblin who began laughing.

“You think you can beat me, mutt? All who came before me have fallen, what makes some half dryad special?” The goblin jeers from behind the wyvern skull mask he’s wearing. Just then, he’s hit in the back with the Amazon and turns around, seeing misterboss4. “Wait, I remember you. You destroyed a patrol I was leading a while back. Where’s your friend, the Egyptian? Wait I know; he’s dead!”

“Wow your slow. He’s been dead for 15 years. That ‘mutt’ is his son, so I’d be careful if I were you.” Set was angered and attacks the goblin swordsmen furiously as misterboss4 was shoulder-charged into by the hobgoblin the goblin swordsmen was riding. This angers misterboss4, who immediately pulls out the Blade of Grass as Set stabs at the goblin, who blocks with the flat side of the sword. Misterboss4 stabs the hobgoblin, killing it and knocking the goblin swordsman off balance. Set slashes at the goblin who blocks with his sword quickly before he slashes the goblin’s stomach, who shouts in pain. Said goblin kicks Set back and slashes a leg off him as misterboss4 gets pinned by many goblins. All hope seemed lost until a goblin trying to impale misterboss4 with a knife has his head blown clean off. Two people were standing on a cliff overlooking the fight. A man with a flintlock and trench coat, who they recognize as the Arms Dealer, Dante, and a man with duel revolvers, a cloak, and a mask, whoever it was, their identity was unknown. The unknown figure drops down, beginning to unload into the goblin with the giant sword, killing it quickly as the man with the trench coat shoot the goblins off of misterboss4 and the guards begin attacking the other goblins.

Without their leader, the goblins are sent into a panic and retreat as Benis continues to bomb them. After the goblins retreat, the heroes begin cheering until they realize they are missing someone, and then they see him, Set is missing a right leg and bleeding out fast while screaming in pain. Alura runs out to see what was wrong and shrieks in horror on the sight.

Misterboss4 picks Set up and brings him to Kaitlyn so she can stop the bleeding, then makes a robot leg for Set.

“Here, leave this to me. I can attach this to it and give him a leg.”

Kaitlyn nods and attaches it to Set’s stub, then ties it around his leg via a strip of leather.

“It’s not enough, we need some form of magic to connect it, or it won’t stay on.” Kaitlyn stated, staring nervously as Alura and Abibe walk in.

“Let us help.” Abibe signs as he pulls out his staff and Alura prepares her plant magic. Abibe removes a pair of seeds from his pocket he referred to as chlorophyte seeds, and Alura uses her magic, surrounding the mechanical leg in an emerald green, plant-based metal. Misterboss4 taps on it and perks up when Set’s health stops going down

“Wow, you have any more of this metal?” He asks hopefully as Abibe laughs kindly

“Hahahahahahahaha, no.” he states bluntly

“But why?” misterboss4 says disappointedly as the witchdoctor adjusts his mask.

“Because it went extinct with the disappearance of most of the Dryads. Those were the last of the seeds I had, and I would have rather used it to save a life than to take many. It's stronger than steel and light as the clouds themselves.”

“Interesting. Don’t you think you should have planted one?”

“No, they would not survive, especially due to the spirits of light and dark being imprisoned. This is the best purpose they can serve. These ones are growing due to the fact that your friend is part Dryad, and his mother is using magic on them to help them grow.”

“You still could have saved one. We have every intention of fixing what Cthulhu and the Moon Lord did.”

“Ah. Well in that case.” The witch doctor pulls a seed out of set’s leg, causing evidential pain.

“Hey!” Alura hits the witch doctor’s shoulder as her momma bear side is released upon seeing her child being hurt.

“Hey Abibe, don’t be so rough!” misterboss4 says, also angry

“Alright, alright, fine.” Abibe says, annoyed as he puts the seed in a bottle necklace, then gives it to misterboss4.

“Thanks for understanding.”

He nods as set gives off a soft groan and looks at his leg, “What the heck is on my leg…?”

“Sssh, sweetie, don’t move too much. your leg was cut off, and you are currently using a mechanical leg with an extinct plant growing on it to protect your leg. Just sit still, alright?” Alura strokes her son’s green hair to soothe him.

Set nods and sighs, soon falling asleep, Alura smiling sadly and turning to misterboss4 and Abibe, “You don’t think he will be killed like his father, right...?” She seemed worried for her son’s safety.

“We intend to be more prepared then Akhan was when he fought the Moon Lord. That was a surprise attack. We intend to initiate the fight ourselves,” misterboss4 responds.

“No, misterboss4, I need you to answer me, will Set be okay? Will he live through this adventure?” Tears were forming in her eyes genuinely terrified that her son would die, and she would lose every member of her family like she lost her people.

“If I have anything to say about it, he will not die. I will do my best to make sure of that.”

“... thank you, misterboss4.” She nods, rubbing her eyes, trying to calm herself as Abibe carves the symbol of Akhan into Set’s chlorophyte leg.

“He is family to me too. He sees me as an uncle, so in turn I see him as a nephew.”

She nods and hugs him, “Thank you, I owe you.” She stopped hugging and went to watch over her son.

It's been a few years, and I lost access to the file, and there is a lot to change anyway, so we are restarting from the beginning. I will post the new prologue once it is ready.

The random aspects in world creation will be Copper, Lead, Tungsten, Platinum, Corruption

Also, Benis is being removed entirely. He was a friend's character, but I have not heard from him in years. The story is now entirely written by myself and waran_canos, and misterboss4 has been renamed to Dragonlord.

Last edited:
P: Ten Years Ago

It was ten years ago. Cthulhu, monster of the dreamworld had sent his brother, the almighty Moon Lord to dispatch a new settlement on the surface. In this settlement, there was a merchant, a nurse, a dwarf demolitionist, a wizard, a mechanic, a wise guide and adventurer, an adventurer clothed in black, a clothier, a dryad, and her husband, a mighty Egyptian hero.

Just as the group got settled, the Moon Lord struck, destroying several huts. The dark clad adventurer attacked with his Pulse Bow, only to get whacked away by a sweep of the Moon Lord’s hand. The Moon Lord prepared to squash him, but his hand got impaled by the warrior’s True Excalibur.

The Moon Lord left, the moon, his source of power, setting. He went to his brother and convinced him that the settlers had committed unforgivable crimes. This caused Cthulhu to attack the settlers, killing the Egyptian hero and prompting the Dryads to stop him. They couldn’t kill him, so they instead crippled him, ripping out his eyes, chunks of his brain, and his skeleton. They then banished him to the dark side of the moon, where he keeps all the most powerful monsters alive. Only one dryad still lives, the others perished. The Moon Lord then left the settlers with only the basic stuff, the heroes left with 100 health each, the Egyptian's ankh, and a thirst for success. The settlers, seeing this, went into hiding. The clothier and the mechanic both headed to the dungeon, the clothier getting cursed by the Moon Lord and the mechanic bound by the Lunar Coven. The dark clad adventurer, Dragonlord, and Set, the son of the dryad and hero, decided to work together to get revenge on the Moon Lord. Tenfold.

Last edited:
Appealing story! Have you written any other stories before? Honestly, the plot feels a bit too clichéd, ordinary and rough—currently, it seems like you’re just rehashing the game contents, with limited original storyline content. However, I’m still eagerly anticipating your future updates! I believe the upcoming story will be more exciting!

Appealing story! Have you written any other stories before? Honestly, the plot feels a bit too clichéd, ordinary and rough—currently, it seems like you’re just rehashing the game contents, with limited original storyline content. However, I’m still eagerly anticipating your future updates! I believe the upcoming story will be more exciting!
This is really our first story, and yeah, we are kinda trying to have story with terraria's progression. I know the Prologue is a bit unoriginal, but every story starts somewhere, and we reused much of the prologue we used for our first attempt at this 5 years ago when we were Freshmen in high school. We've started this anew only recently, and we're trying to get caught back up on it. We are not reusing much past our old Prologue, so the rest is taking a bit, but here in an hour or so, we should have the first part of Chapter 1!

1: New Journey​

I: Home​

10 years later, Dragonlord, the dryad Alura, and Set realized it was time to return to where it all had begun, and upon returning, they came to realize that the years had not been kind to the island they once called home. First thing they came to realize was that the site where the Egyptian warrior had spilt the Moon Lord’s blood had been corrupted by a strange substance that almost seemed to be alive. Next was that their friends were scattered amongst the island, whether in hiding, captured, or corrupted. Finally, the island itself seemed to have been cursed, with monsters roaming and even the undead rising from their graves to destroy trespassers. To say the least, the three of them had their work cut out for them.

They decided the middle of the island, where the main part of the village they called home once stood, would be a good place to start. Ruins dotted the area, but none of the buildings were in good condition. Dragonlord singled out the one where Set’s family used to live, where Dragonlord propped a fallen chair up, stood on it, and looked to the others.

“Alright guys, listen up. We’re going to be setting up shop here in your old home. It’s clearly in need of some work, but with a little bit of elbow grease, I’d say we’ll have ourselves the perfect outpost for our needs. After we get this fixed up, we should work on my workshop and get all my workstations put back up.”

“While it sounds to be a solid plan,” Alura speaks up, picking up an old copper sword from the dust covered floor, “Are you sure that anything useful from your workshop survived at all after all these years? The Moon Lord could have very well leveled the building in his rampage.”

“I seriously doubt my workshop is in any better condition than your home here. But it looks like there are still the ruins of the walls and a bit of the roof, though anything inside is almost certainly long gone. Maybe some of my shelves and the like are still there, but any more would be too much to hope for.”

“Okay,” Set speaks up, standing up from the floor after collecting a few old torches off the ground, “Should I come with?”

“Sure, let’s see if we can salvage anything,” Dragonlord says as he walks over to his old workshop. It was not a great sight, the workbench caved in, the anvil gone, all the chests broken and empty. “Yeah, that’s not great.”

“Who steals an anvil?” Set asks, confused as to why the seventy-pound chunk of iron was missing, if not for having been moved by someone.

“Well, someone apparently decided they needed it. Who knows? It would be rusted all the way through by now anyway. It certainly would be no use to us.”

“Are we going to be able to make any use out of this place?” Set asks while mounting a torch into a wall scone and lighting it.

“The walls are nice. But let’s see if anyone found my emergency tools,” Dragonlord says while digging through the dirt in the back room. “Well, the chest is still here.” He says, while pulling a chest out of the ground and opening it, “Heck yeah! The tools are here, and they’re still in pretty good condition!”

Dragonlord then takes out 2 each of copper pickaxes, axes, and short swords, and hands 1 of each to Set. “We’re going to need these. Now let’s go back outside and see what your mother is up to.”

Upon returning, they found her “cleaning” with her dirt rod, gathering the dirt and dust off the floor before hurling the blocks at some slimes on the horizon, hitting them with scarily tight accuracy, and eventually revealing something interesting on the floor.

Walking up to the object, Set picks up a portrait of the settlement before the Moon Lord assaulted their home, with every villager standing in front like a big happy family, the fallen included. Dragonlord knelt down to take a look before smiling fondly, taking the picture and hanging it up.

“Soon,” Dragonlord said to Set, “We’ll fix this place, and reunite the others here. Then things will be just like they were before. First up, we’re going to need some wood to at least get this house livable and my workshop structurally sound. You going to help?”

“Of course I’ll help, I may not be as smart or as strong as you or mom, but I’m still apart of this. I gotta pull my weight.” He says with a wide smile, “This is what I've been training for, and by slime god I’ll do what is needed of me.”

“Then come with me, we’re going to need to cut down a few trees.”

“Okay then. Mom, you want to come with?”

“Well, I don’t see why not. Lead the way, Dragonlord.”

“Then let’s go cut trees. We’re going to need to cut down …” Dragonlord takes a moment to take stock of the full extent of the damage, “10 trees. We’re going to need it for more than just repairs anyway.”

Dragonlord then leads them to the nearby forest, where Set and Dragonlord begin cutting trees under the watchful eye of Alura, being careful to replant each tree and keeping any extra acorns to plant somewhere else later. Fashioning a sort of sled with some leaves and the logs, the trio drag the trees back to base, where they are stripped of bark, set up, and used to repair the walls and ceilings of the house. Finally, their base of operations and home was finished. Just in time for nightfall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom