Biomes & Nature The Humility

Is this a good idea so far?

• Yes. The Hallow needs a good alternative.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. But it needs a lot more work.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No. The Hallow shouldnt have an alternative.

• No. Just, No.

• Total voters

Skel

Official Terrarian
You have the Crimson as an alternative for the Corruption.

But you don't have an alternative for the Hallow.

Introducing, the Humility.

The style to contrast the Hallow's colorful pretty rainbow-esk nature, is a monochrome color scheme. A, humble color scheme if you think about it.

The weapons, armor, and items are also not your traditional style. They dont exactly fall under a class category, instead they work well with various classes and give different bonuses depending on what mixed style you are going for (a magic using melee class. A ranged class that has summons, etc).

Also for right now I have no sprites, but if you are okish at making sprites please PM me, I will gladly credit you for making sprites! :D

The Hallow has Pixies (a semi flying mob), a Unicorn (a hard hitting fast moving mob), and Gastropods (basically shooting demon eyes mixed with slimes).

The Humility has in contrast:
angel.png
"Angel"
The AI would be like a wraith, but more passive as they have a ranged attack. Dont worry blocks (and ergo being in them) block shots so the AI would use blocks more as cover and not just blindly shoot in them. (Popping out to fire then going underground again). These enemies are somewhat like the Unicorn of the Hollow but not rare.
HP: 120/240 (wraiths have more HP keep in mind but they also dont spawn during the day or have ranged attacks)
DEF: 14
Knockback Res: 20% / 24%
Damage (Melee): 50 / 100
Damage (Ranged): 60 / 120
Immuned to Confusion and Sanctified.

The Angel drops a few new items as well as some old ones.

Broken Crown: Acts like a unicorn horn (can make super mana potions) however it does not make Rainbow Rods or holy Arrows. Instead it makes:​
The True Halo: An accessory that gives damage specific bonuses depending on how intense you have invested in one. This is hard to explain in words but your highest damage increase for a specific class (melee, ranged, magic, summon) half of which is added to all damage types not included in the one you are using. IE in total you have a 50% melee damage increase you also get a 25% increase in Magic, Ranged, and Summon. (We will get to crafting recipies at the end)
Sanctified Bullets:
Deals -10 base damage a shot (which means this does either no damage or 1 damage a shot with fast firing low damage guns) however landing a hit inflicts the "Sanctified" debuff which acts like a reverse version of Ichor, it lowers attack damage by 15. Great support weapon if you aren't using bullets that much. (Ergo being less ranger focused but having ranger weapons.)
Sanctified Stabber: Melee weapon, deals a pathetic 10 damage but has a long reach, auto swings at a decent speed, and inflicts Sanctified. May become a fished up item later instead of a craftable.​
The Guardian's Bell: A mount that allows phasing through blocks. It can only fly as long as at least 4 blocks downwards you have a block (so it can only hover above ground). The movement is 1/3 your movement speed and 1/4 when in blocks. Finally you will start to take periodic damage if you stay inside blocks for too long. (Equivalent to the Blessed Apple in that this gives you slow but unique movement and the Apple gives fast generic movement)
Fastclock & Megaphone: You know what they are.

"Wiseman"
Fighter AI but with a twist, the wiseman is... wise. Once you have reduced his HP in half (80 on normal, 160 on Expert) he will make a B-Line off screen while throwing low velocity knives at you. Once off screen he will despawn with no item drops.
HP: 160 / 320
DEF: 15
Knockback Res: 35% / 40%, When HP is halved he has 85% knockback resistance.
Damage (Melee): 60 / 120
Damage (Fleeing): 40 / 80 and inflicts Sanctified for 5 - 7 seconds (50% chance / 100% chance)
Immuned to Confusion, Ichor, Cursed Flame, and Sanctified.

This enemy is designed to be both exactly what you wished enemies would be like end game.... and also be annoying. If you want to engage them you better be doing high damage and if you dont want to engage them, they will still gladly throw themselves at you. The item drops make it kinda worth it.

Pure Powder 1-2: A humility equivalent to the Hallow's pixie dust. Can still create greater healing potions (normal amount)​
Meditation Potion: Uses 1 moon glow and 3 powder. Grants the Meditation buff for 2 minutes that makes standing still generate 2.5x more mana.
Imbalance Potion: Uses 1 deathweed and 1 powder. Grants the Imbalanced Debuff which causes mana to rapidly decrease and blocks all mana regen but gives 50% critical chance for all weapons (wont exceed 90% in total). Lasts for 10 seconds (which is the same time it takes to fully drain your mana)
Metaphysical Potion: Uses a fire blossom, a blinkroot, and 4 powder. Firing your weapon will first consume mana and then bullets. The faster your gun fires the less mana it drains. Lasts 2 minutes.
Sanctified Bullets: Mentioned above.
The True Halo: Mentioned above.​
The Unending Constructor: A light pet, summons a pet that gives low light but it also gives a permanent build and mining potion effect. 1/1000 chance to drop (1/750)
The Wise Protector:
Summoner Item, summons a support summon that increases your defence by 10, each one afterwards increases it by 2. 1/1000 chance to drop (1/750)
Spectral_Elemental.png

(yes his design is based on the console "Spectral Elemental", the sprite fits perfectly)
(Entropy Elemental would share a similar sprite but smaller)

"Void Elemental"
Void Elemental AI: Teleports, fires a single bolt of sanctified energy, and then teleports away. On expert he will also summon 1 to 2 "Entropy Elemental" enemies near you every time he teleports at a cap of 5 alive at a time.
HP: 360/720 (Entropy Elemental has 140 HP)
DEF: 28 (Entropy Elemental has 16)
Knockback Resistance: 35% / 38% (shared with Entropy Elemental)
Damage: 34/68 (ranged), 40/80 (contact). (Entropy Elemental deals 65)

The Chaos Elemental variant for the Humility. Unlike the "teleporting fighter" the chaos elemental is. The Void Elemental is very much an upgraded variant for casting ai enemies. If the Entropy Elementals are added for these guys in expert the Chaos Elemental would most likely make an invincible (and non damaging) clone of itself if you asked me (Like the BoC).

Rod of Infinity: Only dropped by the Void Elemental and not his summons. Same drop rate as the rod of Discord. Acts like an infinite use Teleportation potion and will teleport you to a random location. Same limitations as the teleportation potion. Using it costs 80 mana and grants the "Eldritch Horror" debuff for 30 seconds, which prevents you from using it.
Staff of Entropy: Also only dropped by the void elemental. Summons a support summon that causes hearts and mana stars to heal/recharge 2 less per summon but increases damage by 5% and critical chance by 2% per summon. (max being only getting 4 health/mana, 40% damage, and 16% critical).

Things I will be adding soon:​
Sprites (hopefully)
Underground Humility Enemies
More items to fully be on par with the Hallow

If you have any suggestions please comment down below. I will credit your ideas and suggestions! Thank you and have a good day! :D

v1.0
v1.1 removed spoilers and quotes because they WON'T WORK.
v1.2 added Void Elemental. Along with a unique sprite for the Angel and an already existing sprite for The Void Elemental.

Last edited:
Understood.
Also, what does the sanctified debut for Do?
[doublepost=1497959648,1497959551][/doublepost]Nevermind, I just wasn't looking in the right place

May we see some images Please?

I honestly cant sprite but the best discription would be:

Overworld is very white colored.
Underground/Caverns is gray and black colored.
Ice would be grayish.
And sand would be a dull gray.

When i get off of work today im going to add more info, items, and may even attempt a rough sprite edit.

Love the idea [ Skel ] about The Humility but I don't get the name. What does the name have to do with the white-ish theme of the biome. Other than that it seems cool to me I only have more constructive criticism on to this point.

-Maybe for the biome area could it create large and small clouds and once a large proportion of a land has The Humility can that area levitate to about 100 blocks in the air. I don't but that would be cool.

-Could the land sparkle like the silverthorn flowers in the ice biome

- Can The Wiseman drop Gold Dust and rarely his clothing

- Could you implement Fading slimes and bats that have the same stats. as there illuminating counterpart... except they cause commonly BLACKOUT

- Could the The Humility spawn Anger Nimbus & Sad Nimbus that have half the stats. as the regular except are passive unless attacked
Drop [ 1\500 chance]:
-Suspicious Looking Cloud

-Spiky red \ blue \ yellow \ green \ (rarely - golden) Balloons
Health: 200 (Golden - 500)

-Damage: 10 DPs
Shots spikes and rams into players

Debuff: Levitation - makes the player levitate uncontrollably for 5 seconds
-Drops: [Very Rare 1.2%]- Balloon Popper: Instantly pops balloons and bubbles
-Spiked Balloon[ 1\20 chance]
Accessory: Already in game...
NOTE: Appear in groups of 5~10

- Include a Spell Book [ Enemy ] that drops Spell Books including:
- [Rare- 1%] Thunderous Bolts - Damage: 50 DPs
Average Speed
2% Critical Strike
-Click the area to spawn a thunderstorm from above for 15 seconds ( rarely shots huge bolt of energy causing critical damage (260 DPs)

- [ Rare -7%] Crystal Storm the same as before...

- [ Rare - 3%] Gold Shower also same as before...

- [ Very Rare - 0.5%] The Aurara-
Damage: 70 DPs
Slow Speed
5% Critical Strike
-A glittering floor path that cases enemies on the floor for 100 blocks (can go on walls and ceilings) - shots a beam of light with sparkle outwards

- [Very Rare- 0.5%] The Truth
Description: The Truth is a book that acts like a guide to help the player with useful facts
-Also summons a guide to help you fight and for tips
Damage: 35 DPs
(Can cause confuse for 15 sec.)

The background should be the sky with floating islands

The Boss:
??? -The Thousand Handed One
-Summoned by a suspicious looking cloud from the sad clouds
- Health: 100,000
Air Swing: 40 DPs
Arm Slam: 65 DPs
Rock, Paper, Scissors and Shoe: 80 DPs
-Bro Fist: 90 DPs
-K.O: 300 DPs
- Dark Magic Bubbles: 60 DPs
-Lightning Bolt: 40 DPs

-The Boss will be a 10 hands that are hovering from the player at 20 blocks high. They are a dangling from a huge storm cloud that shots mild lightning bolts.

-First Phase: The boss moves in unpredictable manner by dashing from left to right in the sky for 10 times while they do one of these attacks:
Air Swing: 40 DPs
Arm Slam: 65 DPs
After there done they'll do one of these moves by getting close to the player and pausing for 3 sec. until they do:
Rock, Paper, Scissors and Shoe: 80 DPs

Once only five hands remain the cloud will become a bright red and the hands too. They dash 5× frantically before:
Their stats. are boosted by 1.5* in this stage and lightning bolts are more frequent and deadly by giving the On Fire! Debuff.

-Third Stage:
Once one hand remains the stats. for speed & defense have increased by 2*
The boss's hand turned grey and the cloud's nearly black with bubble's forming: The boss dashes like before but now sometimes phases nearly invincible. He'll do his special move but before does his defense is increased by 4* but shortly after the death move will decrease to normal:
-K.O: 300 DPs
- Dark Magic Bubbles: 60 DPs
When dashing 5 dark magic bubbles will chase the player until 20 seconds have passed.

-Expert Mode:
Health: 150,000
Everything's the same except for:
-Dark Magic Bubbles become Deadly Dark Magic Bubbles twice the damage and can cause the Bubble Trapped Debuff:

-Bubble Trapped Debuff [1\10 chance]: Exclusive to this boss fight; the Debuff causes to the player to get trapped in his bubbles for 2~4 seconds
Can be popped with balloon popper

- They switch the gravity on the player so he can harm the player with his cloud

- The K.O Move is quicker than normal and able to be encountered during 2nd stage

- Dashes can also be up and down

Drops:
-Thousand Handed One Trophy [ 1\2 ]
- Safer Haven [1\3]
DPs: 60
Critical Chance 3%
Debuff: Levitation
Shots a brights homing ball that on impact turn into smaller lasers
-Cloudy Broadsword [ 1\4]
65 DPs
Critical Chance 5%
Debuff: Levitation
- Cloud Bombs [1\1]:
DPs: 50
Debuff: Confusion & Levitation
10~30
- The Humility Key[ 1\2 ]
-Unlocked Humility Chest
-Cloudy:
Mount \ Pet
You can ride and attacks foes with white beams
DPs: 45

-That's all I have to say thanks for thinking of this great idea Skel I'm glad I can help. I'll be back to clear something up tomorrow good bye!

Back
Top Bottom