IC The Hunt for the Singularity.

“Shields and main propulsion, got it…”
*There aren’t really many visible changes. All that’s noticeable is that the thrusters at the back of the ship are getting dimmer.*
<<…We’re probably going to be here a while.>>

((We might want to do a timeskip at some point, because the Splitspear is ~60,000 meters long and it’d take ages to go through the whole ship (plus I haven’t decided on an exact layout yet).))
(It's 60km long‽ Now I'm even more confused as to why a messenger was sent to the hangers, unless they were instead sent to a communications room to use an intercomm, but in that case, why isn't the intercomm on the bridge?

Also, there must be some kind of personnel transport system, because if we assume that you're walking at about 5km/h, then it would take you twelve hours to walk a straight line across one deck.

I'm also reminded of this thing I saw on a discussion about fan made ships in Star Wars:
e2qDGVs_d.webp

Not sure if the image quality is high enough to be readable, so if it isn't, then just look up SDSD Freudian Nightmare.
)

Considering the size of the Splitspear, and how the Grayfin, a Type-49 SSV, is only 229 metres at the longest, the helmsman would take over the radio and ask if there's space for it to land inside the Splitspear.

((Because I guess it didn’t occur to me how big that actually is, the Splitspear III is now half the size it was and also now has teleporters for travel between sections. It’s still really big, because it was supposed to be, but it won’t be excruciating to move around it. There’s other changes too, but they’ll be mentioned when I eventually make a map. The only one relevant in this post is that the port and starboard hangars are now four different hangars, with one at the back and one at the front of each side.))
<<Yes, there is. Preferably in the port-aft hangar, since it’s closer to the bridge.>>

<<Roger. Does the hanger have artificial gravity present in it? As we have no landing gear and this ship is not designed to operate in atmosphere.>>

<<We'll likely need it.>>
The helmsman then stands by to be told that the device is in position and he's clear to land.

The fabric of reality begins to shake again, and a this time a MASSIVE crack (half a mile long) in space splits behind the matchstick, many smaller ones appear around that as well.

(Time to develop The Behemoth)

<<We'll likely need it.>>
The helmsman then stands by to be told that the device is in position and he's clear to land.
*Several minutes pass, since the machine is heavy enough to require several people to have to help position it once it’s in the hangar*
<<It should be in position now.>>
*The hangar door for the port-aft hangar opens, revealing around two dozen fighters and an open space big enough for the Grayfin to enter. In the center of that space is a wide, flat rectangle of metal making a low humming noise. When the Grayfin enters the hangar, it will begin to descend due to artificial gravity. However, as soon as it enters the area with the rectangle it lifts around 6 feet into the air and stays there.*
<<Should I head down to the hangar?>>

(edited my recent OOC post, also requesting for a OOC reply so I can post my updated application once the time comes..)

(anyway...lets proceed..)

|What they would be doing is gathering supplies or more so to be specific, food and water.

He would turn towards his ship..|

``All going smoothly, as long as none of those groups attack, I should be fine through the stars...``

*Several minutes pass, since the machine is heavy enough to require several people to have to help position it once it’s in the hangar*
<<It should be in position now.>>
*The hangar door for the port-aft hangar opens, revealing around two dozen fighters and an open space big enough for the Grayfin to enter. In the center of that space is a wide, flat rectangle of metal making a low humming noise. When the Grayfin enters the hangar, it will begin to descend due to artificial gravity. However, as soon as it enters the area with the rectangle it lifts around 6 feet into the air and stays there.*
<<Should I head down to the hangar?>>
<<You may if you wish. Now, stand by.>>
The Grayfin would then proceed to enter the hanger, slowly making its way to the platform.
Because I'm also still on the road and not sure how long I'll have internet, I'll wait to describe what happens after they land.

Two hatches would then proceed to be opened on the Grayfin once it has stopped. The first one being on top of the conning tower, and the second being forward of that on the main hull.
Syilressans would appear in both hatches, with the one in the conning tower having some kind of compact bullpup SMG, and the one in the forward hatch having something that looks simklar, but with two larger barrels instead, and a much larger magazine. They would then proceed to look around to see if anyone in the vessel has weapons out.

*Some of the pilots did since they didn’t know about the search yet, but at Ωmega’s instructions the ones that did put them away.*
“What makes you think we have Syilressian deserters here, anyway?”

The ones that were in the hatches don't respond, and instead go back down into the ship, before another Syilressan comes out of the forward hatch and drops a ladder, before looking at Omega.
"The captain wishes me to tell you that you are welcome aboard, and inviting to meet him in the officers mess."

|Upon gathering enough supplies to last, Ecto would just head inside his ship, turn on autopilot, set some directions and then just keep a eye on things as
the ship sets into outer space, aka the chance to get ambushed or attacked..|

The ones that were in the hatches don't respond, and instead go back down into the ship, before another Syilressan comes out of the forward hatch and drops a ladder, before looking at Omega.
"The captain wishes me to tell you that you are welcome aboard, and inviting to meet him in the officers mess."
*Ωmega looks slightly confused at this*
”Alright...”
*He walks over to that ladder, climbing up it if nothing else happens*

Back
Top Bottom