IC The Hunt for the Singularity.

``Sir, something's coming up on the radar...``

*|His guard would get up.|*

``Pilots, get ready..!``

*|and so they get ready for what could be coming..|*
Small bits of Deepgrowth, scattered in space, approach the ship slowly, but steadily.
It appears to be one of the machine’s severed arms

The machine then crawls forward a bit and lifts it’s head weakly towards Kev
Kev shrugs, and drops the arm on top of the machine, watching it closely.
Geneva would be watching the interaction between the machine and Kev, wondering if she could help
Kev then turns to Geneva.

"We should probably look for it's other parts, huh?"
There... Isn't actually anything nearby to hit, though technically as far as the Unity knows there would be.

(@Schparksss)
The Unity gun men, being confused, cease their firing, waiting for their scanners to show something.

Eventually, after three whole minutes, they may briefly get a small reading, before whatever it is would send a signal back to their sensors that should be strong enough to make their entire screen say there is something there. (@Schparksss)

Last edited:
*|Despite what may or may not be their demise, everyone remains calm...

well everyone but Codex who is visibly sweating and hyperventilating. |*

``Destroy the Deepgrowth, and Desmon...``

*|He would walk up to Codex and slap him hard.|*

``Keep a grip on your goddamn mind, we can succeed. ``

``Y-Yes captain, although I doubt your optimism...``

*|The ship would start firing at the Deepgrowth to try and destroy it.|*

(do I roll a dice or...?)

Kev shrugs, and drops the arm on top of the machine, watching it closely.
The machine crawls to it weakly, the wires on the severed end of the arm and the stub on the machine slowly reach out and connect, the arm being dragged to the machine and fusing back into a working limb.

The machine’s oculus brightens a bit, and it’s posture improves, although it still looks weak.

(Uh, @Schkeleton, are you going to respond, or is something going on that's preventing you (like motivation, time, etc.)?)
Would you believe me if I told you my notifs broke??))
Eventually, after three whole minutes, they may briefly get a small reading, before whatever it is would send a signal back to their sensors that should be strong enough to make their entire screen say there is something there. (@Schparksss)
<<ATTENTION AGGRESSORS. YOU ARE MESSING WITH THE UNITY OF MASKS. TURN BACK OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.>>
The machine crawls to it weakly, the wires on the severed end of the arm and the stub on the machine slowly reach out and connect, the arm being dragged to the machine and fusing back into a working limb.

The machine’s oculus brightens a bit, and it’s posture improves, although it still looks weak.\
"Poor guy. Looks like you had some trouble."
"They're still probably in the ship, but I'm not going back there" (@Schparksss)
"Great. We can start looking there first." Kev sends some workers to explore the wreckage and try to find more parts.
*|Despite what may or may not be their demise, everyone remains calm...

well everyone but Codex who is visibly sweating and hyperventilating. |*

``Destroy the Deepgrowth, and Desmon...``

*|He would walk up to Codex and slap him hard.|*

``Keep a grip on your goddamn mind, we can succeed. ``

``Y-Yes captain, although I doubt your optimism...``

*|The ship would start firing at the Deepgrowth to try and destroy it.|*

(do I roll a dice or...?)
Go ahead))

<<ATTENTION AGGRESSORS. YOU ARE MESSING WITH THE UNITY OF MASKS. TURN BACK OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.>>
<<We would quite like to face the consequences, considering the consequences of our actions are your deaths. Do not bother trying to track this transmission, or to call for help. We are already jamming you, and you won't last long anyway.>>
And now beams of some kind that would be designed specifically to cut through hulls would be fired at parts of the station, with the intent of cutting it apart. (5+1)

(6)
The lasers deal significant damage, slicing through a lot of the shields and damaging the hull of the station.

In retaliation, the station would start sending out flares to where they assumed the ships would be, attempting to reveal their location (4 -1)

<<We would quite like to face the consequences, considering the consequences of our actions are your deaths. Do not bother trying to track this transmission, or to call for help. We are already jamming you, and you won't last long anyway.>>
And now beams of some kind that would be designed specifically to cut through hulls would be fired at parts of the station, with the intent of cutting it apart. (5+1)

(@Schkeleton)
(4)
The flares would fail to do anything, as the station would then slowly be cut up further (6+1) and a volley of light missiles would be fired at a few vital sections to ensure the station goes down quickly (1)

Last edited:
*|Without much other thinking, Ecto would charge at the smaller door and attempt to open it...|*
Charging at the door would do absolutely nothing, except maybe hurt Ecto a bit as he hits metal.
As for attempting to open it,
(EDIT: I now see after about a month after this was posted that I never actually finished the response here.)
So, now actually for his attempt at opening it, I'm just going to say it works.
Through the door is one of those steep staircase stepladder things that would normally be seen on a ship, and coming down it is a single Syilress wearing a lab coat.
Two more bolts are fired, one at Zylrard (3) and one at the flash-banged kobold (2). The Captain of the guard gets out from behind a barricade and charges the remaining kobold with his sword.
(4) Zylrard just aboht manages to use her device to raise some metal up as a shield, before then slamming that shield forward as an attack. (5)
Meanwhile, the kobold would just about manage to find a piece of cover to hide behind (4), but wouldn't try to do anything as it is recovering from the flash bang.
The second kobold would grab a sharp piece of metal and hold it out as either a sword or spear, waiting to defend against the captain through whichever use is more effective. (3)

Back
Top Bottom