IC The Hunt for the Singularity.

(I don't know, maybe missiles could have better guidance and homing capabilities, and torpedoes would usually have weak to non-existent guidance systems, but possibly with more payload. But this leaves the matter of rockets.)
(Well, rockets to me, at least in terms of weapons, are normally entirely unguided, and with a weak payload, but are much smaller than other weapon systems.)

Well, they aren't missiles per se, or at least they aren't called missiles by the Syilressans, but in space, I do suppose one could ask what the difference is between a missile and a torpedo. But, officially they are known as torpedoes, and now there are six more of them appearing just off of the port bow of S.A.R's ship.
S.A.R saw the torpedoes and decided it was time to bargain for his survival.

He went to the back of the ship, opening the hatch the housed the engine, he detached it and primed it to explode. A blast that would most certainly kill everything in a 10 mile radius, and cause heavy damage to anything up to 50 miles.

He turned on his comms and attempted to contact the ship.

He attempted first in his native language, a screeching sound and clicking and whirring.

He then decided to try another language he may suspect to work.

His voice was incredibly low pitched, very mechanical, slow, choppy, and menacing.

“ENGINE…. IS…… A….. BOMB…

SHOOT…. ME…. AND…. WE…. ALL…. DIE…”

No response, and the torpedoes wouldn't even track the engine either. Besides, how do you expect them to stop something after it's fired?

No response, and the torpedoes wouldn't even track the engine either. Besides, how do you expect them to stop something after it's fired?
S.A.R saw that they either didn’t care to listen, or just decided to ignore him.

He quickly rewired the engine, and it pushed itself using its long tendril like wires (yes, the engine has artificial intelligence) back into its little room and closed the hatch.

S.A.R made more clicks and some whirring to the other two units, he kicked the engine on, and sped forwards at incredible speeds, moving to a safer distance of 3 miles away within 20 seconds.

The other two units charged all four arms and waited for the missiles, ready to take them out, which would hopefully cause an explosion chain and keep S.A.R safe. Their duty was to do as they were told, after all, this would be an honorable death, they turned around slowly. Aiming themselves at the missiles, which they would fire on within range.

Last edited:
(Are you sure you want him to go backwards? As that will send him directly into a torpedo.)
(oh crap I forgot they were behind me..

Uhhhhhhh….

Forwards, forwards..

Then the units can just turn around.

Wait if they’re coming from behind me, and I’m behind the ship (or was…) does that mean there’s another….? )

(IC S.A.R wouldn't know that, which is why I haven't mentioned it, but OOC the SINV Grayfin is behind him, and fired two of the torpedoes. The torpedoes coming from the port side are from the SINV Matchstick, and the Matchstick also flew by and dropped a couple mines in front of and to starboard of S.A.R's ship. Also due to the angles, and tracking abilities of the torpedoes, the only way to avoid them and the mines is to go down, then you'll have six chasing you, or up, but then you'll have to deal with all eight. Both ships also still have more torpedoes, and are nearby, but are cloaked/in stealth mode, so they can't be detected. The mines also have stealth systems, so they can't be detected either.)

(EDIT: @D O G Here's the actual design of the ships he's facing:
The Type-49 Stealth Strike Vessel is the primary ship produced and utilized by the Syilressan Imperial Navy, mainly due to its long range, modular design, and impressive firepower for her size. It's 652mm Mk. 19 torpedoes allow for devastating strikes when hunting in packs, and the addition of racks for deploying V182 Anti-Ship Mines at the aft of the vessel allow it to maintain the minefields at the Syilressan borders, causing it to mostly replace other types of vessels for patrolling the borders. The modular design also allows for rapid and easy construction, as individual parts and hull sections can be mass produced on the surface of moons and planets with low gravity, before being shipped up to orbital shipyards, where final assembly takes place. Some shipyards are also equipped to assemble an entire Type-49 on their own.

• Propulsion: ×2 Ciltec J-52 High Intensity Ion Engine
  • Power Generation: ×1 Ciltec G7A Reactor, ×4 Iyrvin Triple Fuel Cell Arrays
  • Armament: ×12 Mk. 19 652mm Torpedo Launchers (2 forward, 4 port, 4 starboard, 2 aft), ×25 Qesco Mk.21 Mod. 2 Directed Energy Projectors (2 forward dorsal, 2 forward ventral, 5 port dorsal, 4 port ventral, 5 starboard dorsal, 4 starboard ventral, 3 aft), ×1 Mine Racks (aft)
  • Sensors: [REDACTED]
  • Communications: [REDACTED]
  • Stealth Systems: [REDACTED]
  • Crew Compliment: 129
  • Length: 229m
  • Width: 48m
  • Beam: 44m
)

Last edited:
(IC S.A.R wouldn't know that, which is why I haven't mentioned it, but OOC the SINV Grayfin is behind him, and fired two of the torpedoes. The torpedoes coming from the port side are from the SINV Matchstick, and the Matchstick also flew by and dropped a couple mines in front of and to starboard of S.A.R's ship. Also due to the angles, and tracking abilities of the torpedoes, the only way to avoid them and the mines is to go down, then you'll have six chasing you, or up, but then you'll have to deal with all eight. Both ships also still have more torpedoes, and are nearby, but are cloaked/in stealth mode, so they can't be detected. The mines also have stealth systems, so they can't be detected either.)

(EDIT: @D O G Here's the actual design of the ships he's facing:

)
(Edits were done a while back)

S.A.R saw that they either didn’t care to listen, or just decided to ignore him.

He quickly rewired the engine, and it pushed itself using its long tendril like wires (yes, the engine has artificial intelligence) back into its little room and closed the hatch.

S.A.R made more clicks and some whirring to the other two units, he kicked the engine on, and sped forwards at incredible speeds, moving to a safer distance of 3 miles away within 20 seconds.

The other two units charged all four arms and waited for the missiles, ready to take them out, which would hopefully cause an explosion chain and keep S.A.R safe. Their duty was to do as they were told, after all, this would be an honorable death, they turned around slowly. Aiming themselves at the missiles, which they would fire on within range.

(Edits were done a while back)
(Ah, I didn't notice.)

Unfortunately, S.A.R would make it less than 100 metres before hitting a mine, which would immediately detonate, first exploding outward, before rapidly changing to instead pull in both the debris, and parts of the rest of the ship, before exploding outwards again.

As for the ones that stayed behind, they'd pretty much be killed immediately after being hit by the torpedoes.

(Ah, I didn't notice.)

Unfortunately, S.A.R would make it less than 100 metres before hitting a mine, which would immediately detonate, first exploding outward, before rapidly changing to instead pull in both the debris, and parts of the rest of the ship, before exploding outwards again.

As for the ones that stayed behind, they'd pretty much be killed immediately after being hit by the torpedoes.
S.A.R’s display flickered and died, a huge chunk was torn out of the side of the ship, and most of the back was gone, his engine floated around, the antigravity inhibitors of the ship seeming to be failing in places. The engine was hanging by a few threads, and one of the thrusters was lightly flickering.

S.A.R unfurled some wires from his finger, plugging into the display and quickly starting it, sending out an undetectable SOS to his nearby allies, he knew some would be nearby during this hour of the patrol. It would appear to be random radioactive output, or just static to other ships, but it was a strange form of incredibly fast paced Morse code type language that only his kind could make sense of.

He unplugged his wires, they mended back into his hand, and he look back at where the torepedos had been detonated, seeing some scraps and chunks of his units fly by.

Curiosity isn’t allowed in a place such as this, he though.

The Antigravity inhibitors on his ship alongside the lighting and engine shut off finally, S.A.R considered detonating the engine, which would certainly kill everything nearby, but he then thought better of it.

He grabbed the wires holding the engine, and drew the engine to himself before wrapping his two left arms around it, he then pushed himself as hard as he could against the remaining wall, then he pushed off, flying with his engine at around 50 miles an hour (which would be constant, since this is space and he isn’t colliding with things to slow him down) into the void of space.

There was an audible noise, yes it shook the fabric of space itself to the point where you could feel it in your eardrums, and a blue crack split about a half mile ahead of S.A.R

It began to grow, more cracks forming.

The SINV Matchstick would follow S.A.R, but keep a distance of at least 150 metres from him, while staying in stealth mode.

Meanwhile, the SINV Grayfin would attempt to send a message to S.A.R, starting by simply asking if he can receive their communications.

S.A.R emitted more of his native language, he was too distracted by his escape to care about trying to translate.

The crack grew wider, splitting further and causing more rumbling, S.A.R was about 1500 feet from it

something was visible on the other side now, it was very fuzzy, but approaching fast.

The Matchstick would have no way of actually seeing the portal, due to its lack of windows facing in that direction, so instead it would use sensors to try scanning through the portal. (@D O G)

Last edited:
The Matchstick would have no way of actually seeing the portal, due to its lack of windows facing in that direction, so instead it would use sensors to try scanning through the portal. (@D O G)
The only sort of trace of the portal that they got was heat radiation.

One side of the portal had a few tenths degree higher heat, suggesting it be another part of another galaxy. The microscopic ring that was around the portals edges clocked in at such high temperatures that the ship couldn’t even read it, running into one of these things would be like cutting through butter with a hot kitchen knife. It would slice through with hardly any resistance.

Back
Top Bottom