IC The Hunt for the Singularity.

Once the Matchstick detects the levels of heat around the portal, it could come to a complete stop, and then just hold its current position while still scanning the area.

(@D O G )

Last edited:
S.A.R reached the portal and used his heated hands to slow him down and eventually stop him. He waited for the small scouting vessel, very similar to his, to slowly exit the portal, it’s side opened and S.A.R jumped inside, immediately regaining gravity. The ship began to inch slowly backwards through the portal again. Unless a vessel as small as the scouting ship was deployed, there would be no way to follow S.A.R

"Ready to fire sir."
"Wait, hold your fire. They're retreating, and don't appear to match any known Ocular vessel. Reverse course."
The Matchstick, after holding position for a few seconds to observe the situation around the portal, would set its engines to reverse, and slowly begin backing away.

The ship crossed the portal, and then the portal slowly shrank, as it got to be rather small, it seemed to crack in reverse, patching up sporadically

Daz Topl, CO of the SINV Matchstick, would walk over to the current sensor operator and look over their shoulder at the readings.
"...Looks similar to Ocular, but I don't recognise it. I'll get the recognition guide, and someone wake the other operator."
Daz would then head to his quarters to get the guide, and for now the ship would just continue reversing.

Meanwhile, the SINV Grayfin, under orders from Eilx Vyrz, would remain cloaked and begin approaching the Biosynth vessel.

*At the same time, a conversation is occurring on the Splitspear*
“I would’ve thought there’d be a ship here…”
“Oh, there is. They probably have some kind of cloaking technology on.”
“Should I get defenses ready?”
“Not yet… But, maybe we should prepare to dispatch some fighter jets if necessary.”
“I’ll notify the pilots, then.”

*At the same time, a conversation is occurring on the Splitspear*
“I would’ve thought there’d be a ship here…”
“Oh, there is. They probably have some kind of cloaking technology on.”
“Should I get defenses ready?”
“Not yet… But, maybe we should prepare to dispatch some fighter jets if necessary.”
“I’ll notify the pilots, then.”
(Well, they'd still see the Matchstick, it's only the Grayfin that's cloaked.)

(Well, they'd still see the Matchstick, it's only the Grayfin that's cloaked.)
((Oh. I’ll just retcon the last post then I guess))
*Since the Matchstick is visible, an operator onboard would begin attempting communications.*
*Upon success, a computerized voice would be broadcasted to whatever comms system the Matchstick has (And possibly the Grayfin too, since even though the message wasn’t directed at them they’d probably still received through cloaking (This doesn’t tell the Biosynth ship that they’re there, but it’s still worth mentioning). The voice recites the following:
<<Our sensors detected a heat spike in this area. Do you have any explanation for what could be the cause?>>
*If the portal is still visible, one of the sensor operators begins running further diagnostics to try to figure out where it leads to.*

*If the portal is still visible, one of the sensor operators begins running further diagnostics to try to figure out where it leads to.*
The portal shrinks a little more and then snaps shut, sending a few gravitational ripples, and then complete silence, there’s a very small rapidly cooling spot where the portal once was, it becomes readable, at incredibly high temperature, and then rapidly drops back to near the temperature of the space around it.

((Oh. I’ll just retcon the last post then I guess))
*Since the Matchstick is visible, an operator onboard would begin attempting communications.*
*Upon success, a computerized voice would be broadcasted to whatever comms system the Matchstick has (And possibly the Grayfin too, since even though the message wasn’t directed at them they’d probably still received through cloaking (This doesn’t tell the Biosynth ship that they’re there, but it’s still worth mentioning). The voice recites the following:
<<Our sensors detected a heat spike in this area. Do you have any explanation for what could be the cause?>>
<<Unknown station, this is SINV 191, please identify yourself, over.>>

<<Stand by.>>
And now there would be a pause from the Syilressan vessel. Now, although it wouldn't appear that the vessel is doing anything, even if Biosynth was specifically scanning for communications, the Matchstick would currently be in contact with the Grayfin.

(Also, what does ASW stand for? As I assume in this context it isn't Anti-Submarine Warfare.)

<<Stand by.>>
And now there would be a pause from the Syilressan vessel. Now, although it wouldn't appear that the vessel is doing anything, even if Biosynth was specifically scanning for communications, the Matchstick would currently be in contact with the Grayfin.

(Also, what does ASW stand for? As I assume in this context it isn't Anti-Submarine Warfare.)
*And so they don’t notice anything.*
((Armored Spatial Warship.))

Cream was sitting under a random tree.
“Well… I think I must prepare something for the experiment to test out if my rope is seawater-proof.”
Then she saw the sea. ((Ps. She was sitting on a hill near the sea))
“Welp, eureka.”
So she started… fishing. ((Yeah that’s literally it.))
While fishing, she looked around to see if there is something happening.
Some seconds later.
“Wait a minute… I think I see something.” She stopped her experiment immediately.

*And so they don’t notice anything.*
((Armored Spatial Warship.))
About a minute later, they'd be sent a transmission.
<<ASW 142, this is SINV 191, the heat signature you detected was due to a small conflict with an unknown vessel we believe to be Ocular, although it does not match anything we know from them.>>

About a minute later, they'd be sent a transmission.
<<ASW 142, this is SINV 191, the heat signature you detected was due to a small conflict with an unknown vessel we believe to be Ocular, although it does not match anything we know from them.>>
<<They could be testing a new vessel type, but that seems unlikely. Did it have any visible weapons?>>

Back
Top Bottom