IC The Hunt for the Singularity.

(can someone prolly me in on the whereabouts of both the damaged machine and SOM rn? Like.. what’s happened?)
(Well, Ecto was kind of kicked out of the facility, so I'd think SOM might have left with him? Though, I did say that Ecto wouldn't have found SOM as I assumed you wouldn't have had this week, so maybe he should already be on the ship?)

"But... I have a duty, you can't..."
"Not much use in complaining, ma'am." The guard shrugs. "You can finish whatever you needed to once we let you go."
Evlyn: ``It got...absorbed...?``

Paxt: ``Something is strange here, but to be sure..."

The ship fires again.

(rolled again in case something happens, another 5)
Again, the ship's weapon is only absorbed, seemingly nothing happening to this massive orb.

(so uhh, should the "group of rogues" continue?

also I don't have a grudge against being overwhelmed by the Deepgrowth)

Derock: ``What's happening out there?!``

Paxt: ``The orb is absorbing our shots, we can't destroy it...``

*|Derock seems annoyed about that|*

Derock: ``Crap, just get us of there fast!``

*|And so, they would try to turn the ship around|*

(so uhh, should the "group of rogues" continue?

also I don't have a grudge against being overwhelmed by the Deepgrowth)

Derock: ``What's happening out there?!``

Paxt: ``The orb is absorbing our shots, we can't destroy it...``

*|Derock seems annoyed about that|*

Derock: ``Crap, just get us of there fast!``

*|And so, they would try to turn the ship around|*
The ship is going to be consumed and turned unless they can make a successful escape. :D))

(3)
A tendril shoots out from the mass, attempting to wrap itself around the ship and stop it from getting away.
"But... if you try thisss, then I have to kill you."
"I don't really have a choice," the captain says, genuinely sounding sorry, "It wont take long."

(gonna assume I roll so...

5)
What does the ship do in order to escape?)
"I... ...I must be guaranteed that they will not try to put me in prison. I must help my people."
"Considering it's a matter of extinction, keeping you prisoner would be detrimental. I think the worst that would happen is that you are allowed to complete your mission, but must be kept under watch."

"We also worry of becoming... culturally, socially, mentally extinct. They want us as nothing more than slaves, organic machines. Only thinking enough to do a job."

Back
Top Bottom