• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

The hype train and how it applies to T:OW.

ChaoticGamer

Terrarian
The hype has definitely died down, because of the long silences between updates, but riding on the hype only gets you so far as a company; for all means and purposes, continuing development on T:OW until it's up to scratch is beneficial in the long run, even if it takes another year (or more). Whatever delaying the game is costing them (whether in money or PR) is worth ending up delivering a quality product. It's a shame they can't utilise the hype to its full potential anymore, but it's hardly going to break them.

As for the 5 billion dollars worth of expenses... yeah, not sure how you ended up with that figure. I'm not sure how you would know how much Re-Logic pays for electricity, water and rent, how much tax they pay (over how much income), or how much they pay their employees either, really. Then again, judging from the figure you came up with (again, five billion?), I presume you might actually not.
5 billion dollar was also the additonal food, because pasting over 2 years, if you didn't noticed the program they have to pay again to have something new again, but highly due of building taxes had increase, checking if they lived america or londan, the tax house just rose up, so does the company building if they attend use which that why I said rent because some odd reason if you don't pay your taxes you can't lived on this land *cough**cough* (land freedom my *censorship*). 1st year it should of be 5.8 millions, but ever sences the taxes rise up again for building, and eletric, esamite was trippled making 17.4 millions all due of the earthquaks, storms and other unfreindly weather, the govern repair cost just hit the spot fill thous holes. How this is going be 5 billions, depending if the building get struck by earthquakes and not cover by insurances then yes it would be, but I am pretty sure it did and partly that building is another grands and tech support solving for dmg for computers and getting another program suited again with it.

if they had insurances, pretty much it would be another million still pay that bill, but they could get that partly back if any dmg on the building could of save few more bucks, but you know how the usually it runs people dont' have that insurances. as for today, how get to the below 5 billion which I said close to 5 billion, which I am always drunk with my caulation and I am still drinking today while I am buzzed. which they should be round up close 2.3 billion unless they made a bond with company they know could reduce that amount of cost for it would be in close to a billion dollar unless they got lucky very enough with very bloody goody bonds then they are back just deal with 500 million dollars. How could this end up 500 millions, depending on person permotions and include the gas bill keep them warm during winter. Then there is that part getting the players attentnion to do another youtube video which advertisment cost that other half millions reason, if it is not stunish another or whatever advertisment must roll in tell people about the game to try more, its not going be 60 buck buy the game which it would be cost around range 30-40 bucks for sure because the lost amount money unless they are able cheaply put it in 15 bucks range like same program as terraria and no differents which it would upset lots players for the ask return policy, trust me another thing trying avoid because the players are simplly are not satified of terraria if they beat the whole game and had to rely on mods to keep it challegening, if the other one is not very challegening then the modders then they could lose their hard working money for nothing. That why it could go red which they wasted 5 billion dollars matter amount the risk for to be.

Now leave me be I want to drink my cup.

landstalker

Terrarian
5 billion dollar was also the additonal food, because pasting over 2 years, if you didn't noticed the program they have to pay again to have something new again, but highly due of building taxes had increase, checking if they lived america or londan, the tax house just rose up, so does the company building if they attend use which that why I said rent because some odd reason if you don't pay your taxes you can't lived on this land *cough**cough* (land freedom my *censorship*). 1st year it should of be 5.8 millions, but ever sences the taxes rise up again for building, and eletric, esamite was trippled making 17.4 millions all due of the earthquaks, storms and other unfreindly weather, the govern repair cost just hit the spot fill thous holes. How this is going be 5 billions, depending if the building get struck by earthquakes and not cover by insurances then yes it would be, but I am pretty sure it did and partly that building is another grands and tech support solving for dmg for computers and getting another program suited again with it.

if they had insurances, pretty much it would be another million still pay that bill, but they could get that partly back if any dmg on the building could of save few more bucks, but you know how the usually it runs people dont' have that insurances. as for today, how get to the below 5 billion which I said close to 5 billion, which I am always drunk with my caulation and I am still drinking today while I am buzzed. which they should be round up close 2.3 billion unless they made a bond with company they know could reduce that amount of cost for it would be in close to a billion dollar unless they got lucky very enough with very bloody goody bonds then they are back just deal with 500 million dollars. How could this end up 500 millions, depending on person permotions and include the gas bill keep them warm during winter. Then there is that part getting the players attentnion to do another youtube video which advertisment cost that other half millions reason, if it is not stunish another or whatever advertisment must roll in tell people about the game to try more, its not going be 60 buck buy the game which it would be cost around range 30-40 bucks for sure because the lost amount money unless they are able cheaply put it in 15 bucks range like same program as terraria and no differents which it would upset lots players for the ask return policy, trust me another thing trying avoid because the players are simplly are not satified of terraria if they beat the whole game and had to rely on mods to keep it challegening, if the other one is not very challegening then the modders then they could lose their hard working money for nothing. That why it could go red which they wasted 5 billion dollars matter amount the risk for to be.

Now leave me be I want to drink my cup.
Quoting figures in the billions is naive and ridiculous.
No development house to date has had a return on any title to justify such figures.
Such statements are obviously made with little or no personal knowledge of the game industry and the process involved in such endeavours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

As of February 2017, Terraria has sold 20 million units.
If you use the US price of $9.99 as a ballpark figure, the return is $199.8 million.
If, as you say, they have spent $5,000,000,000 then they have lost $4,998,200,000.

They would not be the successful company that everyone knows they are.
They would not be working on Terraria 2.
They would not be involved in the development of T:OW.
They would almost certainly be homeless and possibly living under a bridge somewhere, or worse.
Losses like this would be global news.
It isn't, because it never happened.

Making wild assumptions about game development costs, if you are not part of the industry is like saying the earth is flat.
You will never prove your assertions because they're false.

Last edited:

ChaoticGamer

Terrarian
Quoting figures in the billions is naive and ridiculous.
No development house to date has had a return on any title to justify such figures.
Such statements are obviously made with little or no personal knowledge of the game industry and the process involved in such endeavours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

As of February 2017, Terraria has sold 20 million units.
If you use the US price of $9.99 as a ballpark figure, the return is $199.8 million.
If, as you say, they have spent $5,000,000,000 then they have lost $4,998,200,000.

They would not be the successful company that everyone knows they are.
They would not be working on Terraria 2.
They would not be involved in the development of T:OW.
They would almost certainly be homeless and possibly living under a bridge somewhere, or worse.
Losses like this would be global news.
It isn't, because it never happened.

Making wild assumptions about game development costs, if you are not part of the industry is like saying the earth is flat.
You will never prove your assertions because they're false.
Wait a minute *flipping papers*, oh whoops I got the T:OW mix up with other company, someone with secret project they called it also TOW I forgot highlight my paper (billionare rich guy calling it).

Ok recaulating that part, they just got new people so it couuld be still in 10-20 mil, they still ok, and also the programing dealing with. I gotta lay off my drink still...
addicted to it its like this coimc here meme

Unit One

Staff member
Wait a minute *flipping papers*, oh whoops I got the T:OW mix up with other company, someone with secret project they called it also TOW I forgot highlight my paper (billionare rich guy calling it).

Ok recaulating that part, they just got new people so it couuld be still in 10-20 mil, they still ok, and also the programing dealing with. I gotta lay off my drink still...
addicted to it its like this coimc here meme
@ChaoticGamer, I know you like trying to keep things light and think posting memes helps out other members, but none of this is on-topic or helpful. Not the talking about the finances of the game, nor the talking about how much you're drinking, nor the memes. Please let's just let all of that go. Your profile is a great place for all of those casual and random comments, not in threads.

This thread's topic is the "hype train" for T:OW and what may or may not contribute to it. I invite everyone, who wishes, to talk about that.

landstalker

Terrarian
If we must use the phrase "Hype Train" then it is very safe to say that this particular train came out of the station far too early.
It did not have all the carriages, it had left passengers behind, there were passengers who did not have the right ticket, the driver did not know the destination or the route and the engine had not even been half-way built.

It has fallen from the tracks and rightly so because they were badly built and unfit for the journey.
There were casualties, but that was only to be expected.

The message it was carrying was flawed and ill-prepared.

The survivors of the crash have been taken to a rest area where they will be brought back to full health and then continue on their journey or returned to where they started, because they should never have been on the train in the first place.

A nice analogy, but hype has no place in a discussion of a product that was never in any condition to be shown to the public.
The developers panicked, having been made aware of the flaws and failing of the initial year of development by staff they then ignored and dismissed.
Instead of keeping their heads down and concentrating on the product, they rushed into the spotlight and made announcements regarding something that was barely begun.

The cold hard truth is that fans must try and pretend they never heard of T:OW and when it finally is mentioned in the media they must see this as the first announcement.
Then and only then should they get excited.

Top Bottom