PC The ice biome mobs in pre-hardmode

Kslufer

Terrarian
I built a mob farm as shown by HappyDays and decided to make an imitation of a snowy underground biome (caves).But why the I observed, that spawn only snow flinx and the blue beetles.Then I placed ice and snow blocks around the edges of the arena.Have become spawn skeletons-Vikings.But why don't spiny ice slugs and ice bats spawn?

For a surefire farm, you have to be minimalist. As wolcc says, mobs can be trapped in modified natural terrain. Here is a minimalist setup that spawns all pre-hardmode underground snow enemies and kills them very quickly.

103C1 Underground Snow Setup.png

103C2 Underground Snow Setup - Wiring.png

The spawn rate is maxed out with a Water Candle and Jungle Seed Blocks, the spawn surface is Snow and the PC is put in the snow biome thanks to 300 blocks around her position. As you can see, this setup is capable of getting a whole host of drops — even the exceedingly rare Snowball Launcher. The trade-off? I’ve excavated every block within ~50 (up/down) and ~90 (left/right) of the PC.

Whatever works for you. Good luck!

For a surefire farm, you have to be minimalist. As wolcc says, mobs can be trapped in modified natural terrain. Here is a minimalist setup that spawns all pre-hardmode underground snow enemies and kills them very quickly.

View attachment 229942

View attachment 229943

The spawn rate is maxed out with a Water Candle and Jungle Seed Blocks, the spawn surface is Snow and the PC is put in the snow biome thanks to 300 blocks around her position. As you can see, this setup is capable of getting a whole host of drops — even the exceedingly rare Snowball Launcher. The trade-off? I’ve excavated every block within ~50 (up/down) and ~90 (left/right) of the PC.

In order to work bonus spawn mobs from the jungle blocks,you need to have music playing jungle?Now faced with such problem-put 80 blocs jungles,started playing music and have become spawn jungle bet and slugs jungles on backdrop of ice biome, and when I deleted blocs jungles the have become emerge ice bats and ice spiky slugs.

How many jungle blocks are enough to activate +50% to spawn mobs?

Only 80 Jungle blocks are needed for a jungle biome. To spread this, you only need 80 Mud Blocks, but only one Jungle Grass Seed.

More important than that, though, (a) is the fact that mobs aren't getting trapped, (b) the biome you’re in (with 300 Snow/Ice Blocks), and (c) the spawn surface, within 62–84 tiles of the player. Once you’ve got that sorted, then start worrying about jungle biomes and Water Candles.

But it sounds like you've got Ice Bats and Spiked Ice Slimes spawning anyway? I hope that the problem is fixed.

View attachment 229942

View attachment 229943

And when killing traps will be counted killing the player?

And when killing traps will be counted killing the player?

Good point. Unfortunately, killing enemies with traps, including Dart Traps and Lava Buckets, does not count towards “Kill Counts” – i.e. for banners and on the Tally Counter. However, their drops remain unaffected.

Back
Top Bottom