NPCs & Enemies The Invasion Problem

Grand Paladin Tyrux

Empress of Light
kdcROYP.png

I'm sure most of you have seen the posts. "Martians invading during Moon Lord fight" "Too many martian probes", etc. I've thought of an idea to counter this. These are three items, that when placed in your world, completely prevent the respective invasion from spawning, UNLESS its manually summoned by a player. Lets get right to it.

Goblin War Trophy
"Goblins flee at the sight of such a horror..."

The first of the three, this one would appear as a stake planted into the ground, with a Goblin Battle Standard hanging from it, and a Goblin Summoner's head on the spike.

Recipe:
Wood.png
10 x Wood
Goblin_Battle_Standard.png
1 x Goblin Battle Standard (These would now have a rare chance of dropping from Goblin Summoner's, and in pre-hardmode, Goblin Sorcerers)

Pirate Flag
"There be no booty for ye here!"

This one would of course prevent the Pirate Invasion, and appear as a tall wooden pole with a flying black Pirate Flag. The idea behind this is that the Pirate set up the flag of his old infamous crew to scare off any other pirates.

Recipe:
Wood.png
5x Wood
Silk.png
10x Silk
1x Dutchman's Flag (Occasional drop from The Flying Dutchman)

Planetary Shielding Technology
"Terraria Planetary Defense Grid activated"

This would of course stop Martian Madness, and would appear as a furturistic beacon-like object. The idea is that its a shield generation stopping any Martian probes or ships from entering the atmosphere.

Recipe:
Martian_Conduit_Plating.png
30x Martian Conduit Plating
1x Martian Hypercore (An occasional drop from the Martian Saucer)

As an additional suggestion, Invasions should never be able to happen during a boss battle, regardless of whether or not they're blocked by one of these items. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!​

Remember when everyone was all disappointed about not being able to attack on mounts, and someone made a suggestion for an accessory that would allow us to attack on mounts, and in the end we were able to attack on mounts even without wearing any sort of special accessory?

I think it might to be the same thing here. Invasions don't happen naturally after the first of their kind is defeated, regardless of whether we craft a special item or not. Easier, people would like it more, and we don't have to sprite/code three extra items.

Remember when everyone was all disappointed about not being able to attack on mounts, and someone made a suggestion for an accessory that would allow us to attack on mounts, and in the end we were able to attack on mounts even without wearing any sort of special accessory?

I think it might to be the same thing here. Invasions don't happen naturally after the first of their kind is defeated, regardless of whether we craft a special item or not. Easier, people would like it more, and we don't have to sprite/code three extra items.
I'm probably in the minority but I like random events/invasions rather then having them all be summons, makes the game a bit more exciting when you see that Pirates are on their way or a Martian Probe is hovering nearby. Of course not everyone likes that so that's why I didn't just suggest what you're saying.

Back
Top Bottom