OOC The Island - OOC

I'll need someone to look at Kaz and help me quite a bit, mostly class and stat related stuff, I tried to do it in a hurry when I had time, but it got confusing fast, and Char, I'll need to talk to you about what to do for Kaz's background and relationship with Gods
[doublepost=1488356168,1488355396][/doublepost]Also was Lolth the spider woman that Kaz talked to, both in "person" (when in her mind) and through the amethyst eyed spider statue? If so, does she listen to Khazhra since he is God of Insects? Also if so, did she give Kaz the spider talk ability long ago?

Speaking of that, does anyone, currently RPing or otherwise, need help with a character stuff? It should be pretty straight forward, but you never know what is/isn't going to end up confusing.

I was hoping we could work out some alternatives to a military rank for Jacqueline considering it wouldn't make much sense for her to have one in her background. I'm also unsure if there are different skills to choose from (I'm also unsure on how to actually use skills now. There doesn't seem to be a number attached to them).

Finally, I'm unsure what to do Jacqueline's ghost abilities from the last RP. Whether or not they exist, can exist, or how to explain away their disappearance.

I'm also unsure if there are different skills to choose from (I'm also unsure on how to actually use skills now. There doesn't seem to be a number attached to them).
So from what I understand anyone can use any skills, when you do that you add the relevant Ability Modifier as before (Dexterity for Stealth, Wisdom for Percetption, etc.) However you have Proficiency in certain skills, which is gained from class feature, racial traits, and background choices, when you have Proficiency you add your Proficiency Bonus (more or less a catch all replacement of BAB and Skill Ranks) to the Skill Check along with the modifier; for example Acies has Proficiency in Stealth so when I roll a Stealth Check with her it would be d20+DEX mod+Proficiency Bonus (d20+3+2) but she does not have Proficiency with Investigation so if I roll an Investigation Check with her it would only be d20+WIS mod (d20+1.)

To make it simple: Anyone can use any skills but certain choices make you better at certain ones. Proficiency Bonus has replaced the system of Skill Ranks. When using a skill with which you have proficiency you add d20+Relevant Modifier+Proficiency Bonus. If you aren't proficient with it you only add d20+Ability Modifier.

Speaking of that, does anyone, currently RPing or otherwise, need help with a character stuff? It should be pretty straight forward, but you never know what is/isn't going to end up confusing.

I don't have my character's spells ready since the information for spells on here is incomplete. After that's finished I'm going to move my character sheet back into this group from the 5e character building group.

I don't have my character's spells ready since the information for spells on here is incomplete. After that's finished I'm going to move my character sheet back into this group from the 5e character building group.
Here you are: http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Ranger_Spells

I'm not sure if it has any extra stuff added in the Unearthed Arcana supplements, but those can be found easily enough by googling "5e Unearthed Arcana."

Here you are: http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Ranger_Spells

I'm not sure if it has any extra stuff added in the Unearthed Arcana supplements, but those can be found easily enough by googling "5e Unearthed Arcana."
The other stuff would be found here,

https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/EE_PlayersCompanion.pdf

or, in the full book: Princes of the Apocalypse.

Also was Lolth the spider woman that Kaz talked to, both in "person" (when in her mind) and through the amethyst eyed spider statue? If so, does she listen to Khazhra since he is God of Insects? Also if so, did she give Kaz the spider talk ability long ago?
No is the answer to all 3 questions.

I'm also unsure if there are different skills to choose from (I'm also unsure on how to actually use skills now. There doesn't seem to be a number attached to them).
Are you still confused on this? Matsu went over it earlier, in relation to how it was before at least.

Last edited:
Well @Lord Ruby has been gone for a week, I guess it's up to Acies to carry out our gambling plan.
Sorry, I had a major alert fail (I literally went to the tab I have the forum on but it didn't update, I have never had this issue before so I didn't catch it) which I didn't notice until Chrome crashed so that I had to reboot everything. I'm a bit upset, but at least I've learned now.

I'll reply very soon after I've read the IC.

Sorry, I had a major alert fail (I literally went to the tab I have the forum on but it didn't update, I have never had this issue before so I didn't catch it) which I didn't notice until Chrome crashed so that I had to reboot everything. I'm a bit upset, but at least I've learned now.

I'll reply very soon after I've read the IC.
Yeah, it was saying you hadn't even logged into your account for several days. Probably an issue with your browser updating your session. It could have been caused by the forced relogin that happened recently, idk.

Would it be possible to purchase 5 of the arrows, or do I need to buy them in a bundle of 20?

Also, would I pay right away or pay on pickup?

Something that I would like to say: my internet connection has been horribly slow lately, and my internet seems to disappear at random...
So, if I don't go online for several days, it's likely that my internet has been cut off suddenly, if this will affect the RP in any way, turn Platinum into an NPC, I will reclaim him when I get back.

So, in Quest for Five, you guys don't know where the rumored trader that has an immovable rod is. You have been told a location of Balnazzar, who supposedly is a contact that might know more information about this rumor.

So, in Quest for Five, you guys don't know where the rumored trader that has an immovable rod is. You have been told a location of Balnazzar, who supposedly is a contact that might know more information about this rumor.
Ah, I read that, "he may be found at the Sunaginkou" bit as being about the trader.

Back
Top Bottom