OOC The Island - OOC

I have watched too many videos about mobile games and I know most are designed to addict, plus many are microtransaction ladden, so I'm really avoidant of mobile games in general, I have a few, but I'm very selective of what games I play, I don't play popular or trending games anymore.

Anyway, back on topic, should we countinue the RP from where we are? Or make a timeskip?

Hmm... I've been really wanting to play DnD again but not having any luck finding a group, so maybe if this actually comes back I will participate. It's not like writing a forum post takes a whole heck of a lot of time anyway.

I wonder if I can remember what I wanted to do with my characters.

I'm still around. I'm interested in RPing. But I'm not sure if I want to play D&D, it's too focused on being a game.
I can agree to an extent, but I can never figure out a better way to stop godmodding unless you outright ban violence/combat. Other systems and RP structures included.

The theme and worldbuilding side of things I love, however.

As someone who has only recently dived into tabletop gaming so take my opinion w/ a grain of salt, maybe Fatecore? Not sure if you've already looked into it or something like that, or how well it would translate into a forum-based roleplay, but it does feel very streamlined and very focused on characters and story.

As someone who has only recently dived into tabletop gaming so take my opinion w/ a grain of salt, maybe Fatecore? Not sure if you've already looked into it or something like that, or how well it would translate into a forum-based roleplay, but it does feel very streamlined and very focused on characters and story.
I haven't looked at that one. I'll give it a gander, but I don't want to waste a whole bunch of time on researching rulesets.
Maybe D&D 4E? There were complains on how it tried to be too much of a game so it would fit the current situation.
Nah, that's kind of opposite of what we want. It has the "builds" problem of 3E, and everything is too mechanical and less improv.

I haven't looked at that one. I'll give it a gander, but I don't want to waste a whole bunch of time on researching rulesets.

The main reason I suggested FateCore was their use of an "aspects" system, i.e. phrases that describe your character, good or bad. Then those aspects can be used to help you out in certain situations.

Or, if you're an evil DM, they can be used to screw the character.

That, combined with such a simple skill-based/dice-rolling system I think made it a good fit for what you were looking for, namely an emphasis on theme & world-building.

I think having a simpler combat/skill system would be better/easier. just roll an X-sided die for both people and then add their respective skill to resolve the entire combat/situation; then let the victor and GM decided the outcome if needed, oh and maybe less notible bonuses from weapons and armor unless its a special piece of equipment. Those are just ideas i had for how to increase the pace of the game without getting rid of combat, granted maybe a little extreme, but i don't know what people are looking for, i really don't care one way or the other cause if it stays like it is now, i get some homebrew style dnd, which is cool, if it somehow went all the back to when the minotaur destroyed The Human Jungle Outpost, where the players most controlled what they did freely, then the game moves as fast as it used to back then due to peoples schedules not really causing the rp to stop as often due to not having to wait for each person in order to advance

Back
Top Bottom