OOC The Island - OOC

I think having a simpler combat/skill system would be better/easier. -snip-

Yeah, the way the FateCore system is it's basically based off like one/two stats, and the dice rolling is simple pluses and minuses, i.e. +/- 1.

Also I feel like I sound like a massive corporate shill, but I promise I'm not sponsored by anyone.

Yeah, toying around rn with the idea of no system, purely role playing, but I fear that it will be like the original concept where there is little feeling of any progression.

Also hard to measure your character's skill and expertise in a situation and not have a bunch of Goku everywhere without some numerical expression.

Yeah, toying around rn with the idea of no system, purely role playing, but I fear that it will be like the original concept where there is little feeling of any progression.

Also hard to measure your character's skill and expertise in a situation and not have a bunch of Goku everywhere without some numerical expression.

You could implement a strengths and weaknesses part of the CS, so that each character would be balanced. Maybe like four strengths and three weaknesses (that are both personality and physical based) along with a Fatal Flaw.

Kinda sounds like the original system, but buffed a bit, cause it was required to take a trait or two, maybe even more, that would offset any possitive traits that were really good.

Well then.

Hm. This is most problematic if we are to bring TI back. I don't see how a two-thread system would work, a lot has happened since TI last was two threads. I suggest moving off TCF, but it's up to Char.

For the record, I am in favour of a system like that. Traits like the original system, but no need for stats. Not sure if having a fixed amount of all kinds of traits is a good idea, but I like the sound of forcing everyone to have at least one fatal flaw.

Well we could probably have an IC for each individual game, since they don't exactly interact much (though I did hope one day there would be some fun path-crossing between the groups, since they're in the same world).

Edit:
Since I don't plan on having combat be the forefront of any story line, we could just continue as is with the current paths. I think we all more or less know what the characters are, and could role play out learning new abilities and such.

I still plan on using D&D / Forgotten Realms as a basis for theme and world building, even if we aren't using the numbers and dice.

Well we could probably have an IC for each individual game, since they don't exactly interact much (though I did hope one day there would be some fun path-crossing between the groups, since they're in the same world).

Edit:
Since I don't plan on having combat be the forefront of any story line, we could just continue as is with the current paths. I think we all more or less know what the characters are, and could role play out learning new abilities and such.

I still plan on using D&D / Forgotten Realms as a basis for theme and world building, even if we aren't using the numbers and dice.
I've been absent a long while from the forums but I am trying to get back into them and would love to continue.

I've been absent a long while from the forums but I am trying to get back into them and would love to continue.
Yeah, I'm testing a few things out myself as of late, and trying to figure out the best way to proceed. Also getting caught up, as it's been quite some time and I don't remember the minute details of each plot line (especially some of the stuff like who all the people in the bar that are being talked to in QFF are and what they know).

I don't want to violate the new RP section rules, with only one OOC and one IC per RP, and don't want to feel like a special exception there.

Yeah, I'm testing a few things out myself as of late, and trying to figure out the best way to proceed. Also getting caught up, as it's been quite some time and I don't remember the minute details of each plot line (especially some of the stuff like who all the people in the bar that are being talked to in QFF are and what they know).

I don't want to violate the new RP section rules, with only one OOC and one IC per RP, and don't want to feel like a special exception there.
Someone suggested moving sites. How difficult would that be and is there anyway I could help?

If we go back to one IC we could have each storyline color their text or we could have people place the title of the storyline they are on at the top of each IC reply the post, i dont know, we made one IC work before with a lot more people it felt like, plus it encourages people, like me, to keep up on each persons journey

*phases back into reality*
I would like to continue, I've missed this place. Sorry I vanished, a lot has happened irl and I had to take care of a few things. As for the system we end up using, I'm open to anything. I even managed to crack into GURPS and let me tell you, that's a lot of stuff in there, albeit optional, but a lot nonetheless. (Don't use GURPS, while it's quick and flexible in play, it's "very" frontload heavy for GMs unless you just use the light rules.)

Well, I'm still technically around even though I rarely check this forum anymore. But when I do check it's pretty much always because I'm wondering if there's anything going on with this RP.

I'd like to continue but having spent so much time doing other tabletop games both in-person and online I'm not sure if I could get back into this. Maybe if something was set up on Discord, since I basically live on Discord, but I feel like that would end up changing the entire nature of the game.

Maybe, just maybe the remodel of forum RP could resume TI, can't guarantee it though, but I hope it will.

iuMEtBw_xxxtjXHg5D4FrlkCBcvDIo342PLS1w-oEsNSEQQOoXzosEadbdQYdZwoXVYCIWielY9J7K6uo_lMw1IuqNtp7v6Fa5PEuWKaUD7c9QE6ERLixeuIxlr_2gIxBQNQ9M_x
Blanc

"Silence."

"When many people think of the end, they think of screams. Of suffering, of regret, of mercy."

“But most ends are silent.”

-

“It is inevitable that eras end. Histories move on. Histories conclude. Worlds move on. Worlds cease.”

“People remember. People forget.”

-

“Me?”

“You’ll see soon enough. But ‘soon’ ... ‘soon’ is but an empty word.”

Dang, that hit hard. As long as we are here, The Island will persist. I eagerly await the next chapter and bide my time with gaming. Also, this thread looks like it was tossed in the Void. xD
For now, The Hunter waits.

Back
Top Bottom