IC The Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmander27

Queen Bee
..... Within the city of Fortune, among the black sands that blow through the market city, a djinni noble by the name of Naza'arim has hired a group of four adventurers to complete his quest. Taking the position as a treasure hunter, you obliged to his request and met him in his palace within the city. Upon meeting him, this djinni noble describes himself as a collector of odd magical items, and has an insatiable desire to always complete a set of items if he finds out that one of his possessions belongs to such a collection. As he continues to describe your contract, he presents to you an ancient magical artifact, waving it before you as he describes it. It is a platinum rod, just over three feet long, and about four inches in diameter. The center is carved into an octagonal shape, not round, and at each end is a decorative ornate head. He calls the item a Tra'aln. Naza'arim's servant, Akim, told you a more commonplace name for this item when he recruited you for his master: an immovable rod. The djinn continues and tells you that this item was created long ago by a powerful dwarven sorcerer and forge-smith. However, he did not create only one of these objects—he created five.

h6ug4Fg.png
"You four are highly recommended adventurers. As such, I have recruited you to search for the remaining four Tra'aln, as I seek to possess all that exist in this world, completing my collection. Promised to you as payment for your service for this endeavor, twenty gold pieces up front to each of you, then twenty platinum pieces per rod returned, and a magic item from my collection for completion of the set. An associate of mine, Balnazzar, told me that he heard rumors of another such rod in the possession of a trader that often passes through the city. If you need, he may be found at the Sunaginkou. Now, Akim?" The djinn claps, and his servant presents each of the party members with a small leather bag containing the promised 20 gold. "Good luck on your journey, and know that if you betray me I will have you hunted. Now, if you will excuse me, I have other business matters to attend to." With that, the djinn leaves, leaving you and the other three adventurers with Akim in the courtyard of the djinn's palace.

Last edited:
..... The kingdom of Bariston, a thriving kingdom in a harsh lands. Bariston's leader, Duke Mortimir Velshire, ensures the safety of his city from the looming despair, evil, and chaos that constantly rings through the land with his battalions of knights, soldiers, and guards. Though all this comes at a hefty price; outrageous taxes and prices plague the land, and send the locals into poverty and hunger, as he and his knights remain well-fed and well-armed.

..... Some people think it's time for change. One group resides within the shadows and street corners of Bariston, the rebel group known only through whispers as The Claw. They seek to usurp the power of Duke Velshire, dethrone him, and give back to the starving peoples of Bariston and its surrounding farmlands. Rumors have it that the rebel group has infiltrated with its members most of the institutions, businesses, and government of Bariston, digging the proverbial claw into the city's infrastructure.

..... Initiated into this group by who you assume is its leader, Thomas Rescap, whether it be through a series of coincidences, useful connections, or from being part of a somewhat recent heist of a very specific suit of armor, you now have the aid of The Claw, and access to some of its resources, networks, and information.

Your known associates within The Claw:

1E3UqWy.png
Thomas Rescap: The man who always seems to be in command, one step ahead, and leading and deciding the next major moves The Claw makes. He runs an inn near the main gates of Bariston called The Red Bench, but many know it simply as Rescap Inn. He is the one that recruited you into the cause of aiding the Bariston rebels.

tse34BL.png
Thorn: A young boy, who constantly seems distracted and dazed out. He usually is running the counter at The Red Bench and always can get a message to Rescap himself. He is probably the biggest courier of information to and from Rescap to others in the organization.

yZcuwq5.png
Liam Velshire: Duke Velshire's son, and potential heir to the throne. He is valuable getting things and information to and from the castle, and is said to have access to a special tunnel that connects the castle crypts to the Bariston sewers. It seems that he is the only person who knows the location of this secret entrance.

Yjxvq3j.png
Rodus-qua: A young magic user, who has been attempting to become a mage for The Claw, honing his skills as a spellcaster. Currently he (and Rescap) find his magic underwhelming, but with some more experience, perhaps he could be a great spellweaver yet.

Last edited:
c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

Ruby thought about the contract, he would get money, a magic item and hopefully a chance to study an immovable rod before they had to trade it in, he considered this an excellent deal. But then he realized that the contract wasn't completely clear on one point, Naza'arim had just left, so Akim would have to do. "Akim, do we get 20 platinum pieces each per rod returned, or 20 pieces total? And how about the magic item for retrieving all the rods, one each or one to share, pray tell?"

He took a quick look at the people he was going to cooperate with, a girl with a mask and glowing eyes, she seemed human, then two dark elves, one rather short, one very tall. Everyone in the group seemed special in their own way, but adventurers usually were quite strange people, it probably had something to do with risking your life mostly alone, he concluded. He was curious about them, but knew that he would have a lot of time to get to know them later.

((Do we get knowledge checks or the like for the things and people in or mentioned in the intro?))

..... The servant, Akim, stood proud and tall as his head slightly nodded as he spoke, replied, "I believe," he took a breath, "that the master would be giving that reward to each of you, rather than as a total to all of you." He stood waiting for them, keeping a vigilant eye on the four hired adventurers. If they would move to leave, he would follow, keeping a distance from them of about twenty feet behind.

.....Ruby searched his mind, trying to piece together what he may know about the current quest. He thought he knew much about immovable rods previously, but Naza'arim told him even more about their history. The djinn himself, a lesser noble within the city of Fortune, though what Ruby knew of his race was that he was likely from a different world entirely. Fortune, Ruby had heard much of in his years within the badlands: The city within the black sands of the badlands; they have a very mixed ethnic culture, but their laws are more archaic, things illegal in most standard cultures are completely legal here, like slavery and other darker professions, normally only found in a city's illegal underbelly. Balnazzar, Ruby had never heard of before.

Last edited:
c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"Ah, excellent." Satisfied with the answer Ruby turned to his new companions. "Now, I believe introductions are in order," he said with slight cheer, "I am Ruby Corundum." He wondered who would reply first, he suspected it would be the tall drow, dark elves were a proud race, the tall ones probably even more so, but he wouldn't be too surprised if someone spoke before she had the chance.

((Also, what rolls does Ruby have for portent today?))

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
Acies cast a glance at the rest of her motley crew of associates from under her hood. It's too bright out here, I hate the endless deserts in this stupid place. She thought irritably. And here I am stuck with some sort of darthirii and human mutt, a child in a mask, and a male ilythiiri of all things. With this last thought she looked at the male drow in the group with an easily visible sense of disgust and superiority.

Upon hearing Ruby's introduction Acies made her own. "I am known by many as Acies, kitrye-darthirii," these last two words clearly directed at Ruby and said with no small amount of venom. As she made her introduction Acies stretched to the pinnacle of her height to assert her dominance over the party.

((It's been so long since I got to be Drow racist, gonna be great having a half-elf in the party and a male drow; so much good RP moments for Acies' internal monologue of disgust.))

-- Uhlsrar Zautyl --

Uhlsrar found the deal that they were presented interesting, although the drow wasn't all that interested in money he did love the idea of a magic item. The drow looked at his new companions, he introduced himself after Acies and Ruby. "I am Uhlsrar Zautyl, wonderful to meet you." He told the two.

As he looked at the drow in the group he noticed her look of disgust and superiority, which he didn't understand.

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
"You should be silent nesst," Acies stated as she rounded on Uhlsrar, "it is not your place to speak until the women are done. Did your previous mistress teach you nothing? Luckily for you I am here to take you in and teach you all the things a harem rothe needs to know," All of this was stated in the over-exaggerated tone one would take when explaining something to a child.

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

Ruby ignored Acies at first "Nice to meet you too," Ruby replied to Uhlsrar, "though I'm quite sure our tall friend here would not agree judging by her attempt to imply that she is superior in some way that actually matters because of her gender and height." He turned to Acies, "I'm afraid your attempt is failing, dear. We're not impressed."

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
"I care not if you are impressed kitrye-darthirii," Acies stated with a smirk. "It is obvious I am superior to this half-trained harem rothe, it is simply how Drow were made; though I'm sure your eldalie parent was too busy rutting with humans and other more base creatures to teach you these things. I don't blame you for your lack of knowledge."

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"Ah, about that, I'm afraid you didn't get that right. But I suppose my blood is closest to that of half-elves, it's an easy mistake to make, especially for someone so simple-minded when it comes to race as you, so I think it's you that needn't be blamed." Ruby chuckled, he knew was never going to convince her, but seeing her explode might be entertaining.

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
Acies' temper flared for the briefest of moments and her hand moved slightly towards the hilt of the rapier that she wore on her hip, but she was able to calm the storm brewing inside her. I will deal with this one tonight, he can be dealt with as easily as all men. Acies thought with a smirk.

"You have some fire in you for one so ignorant of the true makings of the world, I will spare you for now and make you another member of my burgeoning coterie of followers; not as a harem rothe, but as something else...a jivven perhaps, you have the sharpness of wit for it," the last statement said with barely contained laughter.

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"Burgeoning, is it? Are you sure the word you're looking for isn't imaginary? I know there is a thrill in using big words like a big girl, but please my dear, use the right ones. Anyway, please enlighten me about your great house and harem." Ruby smiled, and before she could reply, he spoke again "Oh. . . That was insensitive of me, I should have known with you only introducing yourself with your personal name and having no followers with you."

-- Uhlsrar Zautyl --

The drow was utter lost as to how he was supposed to respond to Acies comment, nesst? harem rothe? He wasn't even sure why the drow would call him that. He decided that the best response would be no response, due to the fact he didn't have a proper response. Next thing the drow knew Ruby and Acies where trading insults he stayed out of it as he didn't want to make enemies, also he wasn't good at insulting others.

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
At the mention of her house and singular name Acies' barely restrained temper condensed from a mountain of irritation into a singular blade of pure hatred; for this place, her life, and currently this kitrye-darthirii who would dare talk about such things he knew nothing about. Her hand shot to the hilt of her raper and she gripped it with a white knuckled fury.

"You will be silent," Acies stated with a cold and monotone rasp. "My family and name is of no concern to a nasket kitrye kyuvr who thinks he knows so much."

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

This time, he didn't understand her Ilythiiri, the language was related to Elven, which he spoke, while he only recognized kitrye he knew it most likely meant something nasty. But he was satisfied that he had hit that sensitive spot without getting hurt in the process, now he just had to get out, so he spoke genuinely. "I will be, I will at least not talk to you." He walked to Uhlsrar instead, making sure to stay at least an arm and a sword's length away from Acies, "I am sure being with you will be more agreeable. So, since we will be working together I am sure it would be beneficial to know what everyone can do. I am a wizard and I've focused my abilities into the tradition of divination, but I employ all schools of spells." He talked directly to Uhlsrar, but made sure the other two members of the group could hear him as well, since he didn't want to repeat himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom