IC The Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
Acies kept her grip on her rapier and glared daggers into the back of Ruby's head.

"If you must know, I am a warlock, to be more specific I follow the style of the Hexblade," Acies said through gritted teeth. "I can impart curses on my enemies that weaken them and strengthen me, I also have no small amount of skill with the blade and have learned spells to complement that."

Last edited:
-- Uhlsrar Zautyl --

Uhlsrar was glad at least one of his companions weren't hostile towards him. He had expected to get along with the drow at first, it was seeming unlikely as of now. "I am also a wizard, I use spells of all schools as I wouldn't want to limit myself. Personally I focus on the tradition of necromancy." He told Ruby and Acies.

.....Akim seemed unphased by all the name-calling and introductions, and remained vigilant and proper as the newly formed party that he had helped arrange started to form and decide what to do next.

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
Acies slowly loosened her grip on her rapier and found a convenient wall to lean on while waiting for the introductions to finish. So two wizards and whatever the kid in the mask is, looks like I've become the muscle of this group; how vexing.

Acies turned her gaze on Akim, her eyes shielded under the dark hood of her clothes, and studied the man. Perhaps he could be more pliable, the servile type tends to be.
"So Akim, how did you end up as a secretary?" Acies asked the servant.

.....Acknowledging Acies question, Akim responded two seconds after her request to ensure she had finished speaking. "I came into the master's employ of my free will. However, my current task is to supervise you until you leave the master's grounds and are on your way towards finding that which he seeks, not to provide idle chit-chat."

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
"Here to make sure we don't steal everything that isn't nailed down?" Acies asked adding a small lilt into her voice.
"You can trust us dear, I'm sure you have better things to do than listen to us squabble. I promise I'll keep an eye on everything and make sure nothing gets stolen and no property gets damage," Acies said with a smile.

((Gonna use Deception for this since I think you know my plan here. Deception: d20+5 [CHA+Prof. Bonus]))

07f33fa372.png

....."I do trust you; I brought you all into this contract because of that. However, I would not break the trust of the master and disobey the details of my task." Akim did not seem as though he had somewhere else to be.

.....Looking around, Acies did not see much to steal, aside from mounted or displayed art pieces and things that may be worth coin, all would be quickly noticed if missing.

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
"Suit yourself dear. While I have your attention, can you tell me where I could find a clothing store in this town...oh and someone who sells crossbows as well?" Well there goes that plan. Acies thought peevishly.

.....Akim went on to describe the location of a respected arms dealer and clothier within the city of Fortune, announcing it loud enough for the entire party to hear. At the very least, he described that they would not overcharge if they mentioned his master's name.

((I'm probably going to wait for Jacqueline before anything more)).

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

Ruby observed Acies' conversation with Akim, he noticed that she lied to Akim. ((Passive insight: 10 + 1 [wisdom] + 2 [proficiency] = 13 > 11, presuming that we get passive insight checks. We do, right?)) He wondered what she really wanted, because truly she wouldn't be stupid enough to try to steal from someone who promised to hunt them if they betrayed him, would she? Luckily Akim seemed to see through her lie as well, which relieved Ruby of his worry that he'd have to strike her down or deal with having a djinni noble hunting him. He noted that he'd have to keep an eye on her from now on.

N01zEee.png

~Jacqueline~

Jacqueline watches the argument, saying nothing and soaking it all in with morbid curiosity.

"I could handle one." Jacqueline thinks to herself.

"But two? Miriam had at least a certain charm to her antics... The grey woman appears to be almost murderous."

She walked over to Uhlsrar and stood next to him until the two were done bickering. He seemed nice. Or, at the very least, his ego wasn't the size of a small country. Once she was sure that she could get a word in, she introduced herself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Jacqueline Hawthorne. I do hope that we can work together without too much conflict."

((You guys type so fast! Jeez, after several months of nothing, to get a page and half of posts throws me completely off-guard.))

....."Ah," Akim said as Jacqueline finished, now smiling as he interjected. He brushed off and straightened his orange robes even though they were perfectly clean and tidy. Even as a servant, he was dressed in the garb one would expect on a sultan. "I am glad you have all introduced yourselves. I suspect you will be traveling together for some time, and hope your partnership continues to develop. Don't prove my good judgment wrong now, please."

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
"Now that introductions are out of the way," Acies said stretching into a yawn.
"How do we want to play this with the trader that has the rod? If it's just one man he should be fairly easy to...coerce," Acies said with a wry smile.
Hopefully they don't try to buy the rod or reason with the man. This could and should be a simple strong arm job at best and a stab n' grab at worst. Acies thought to herself.

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"Well, this is a merchant city, I would think the authorities would be unhappy if we were to steal something. However, that does not mean the laws cannot work for us, this merchant could always be . . . recruited." Ruby was actually not opposed to forcing the man to give it to them, the strong eat the weak after all, but he knew he was going to have to come back here and he didn't want to risk having his beautiful face on a wanted poster, especially not poorly drawn. "But I think the smoothest way to get it would just be to make him gamble it away to us, I'm rather skilled in card games myself."

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
"Gambling isn't a bad idea. One hitch though, we're going to need something to bet ourselves, and assuming the merchant knows the value of the incredibly rare magical stick," Acies looked at each of her new associates, "none of us look like we have something worth the same amount as a priceless magical artifact from a forgotten era."

Acies shifted her gaze to Akim,
"Akim dear, does your master have some sort of line of credit we could draw upon to make this work? If not I suppose we could take one or two of the paintings in here to use as our bet."

..... Akim spoke up to answer the question Acies presented. "I'm afraid that the deposit you've already received is in fact that very line of credit. A modest month's salary paid up front to four new employees is no small credit."

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
"Well, there goes that plan," Acies said as she absentmindedly fidgeted with the ring on her right index finger. Well, now there's a thought...
"I guess I will have to draw upon my own personal wealth now, we can use this ring; it too is a magical artifact obtained through no small amount of danger in a horrid prison in a gods forsaken land."

I really really hate Navon. Acies thought.

-- Uhlsrar Zautyl --

The conversation shifted from introduction to how they would obtain the rod from the merchant. The drow wasn't to keen on stealing from the merchant as he wouldn't feel right doing something like that, and he wasn't sure it could be bought or bargained from due to his previous experiences.

Uhlsrar considered Ruby's plan reckless to gamble for the rod, but as he had no better idea he stayed quiet for the time being.

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"I suppose that would do. If we lose we could just go back to the original plan, so there isn't really any real risk to at least trying this. I guess I could bet my ring too," Ruby displayed his signet ring, "there's some kind of magic in it, but how to use it and what it does remains a mystery to me. It is at least from far far away. Now, we should go shopping, you had your things you needed and we will need a deck of playing cards for our plan, regretfully I did not bring a set."

It seemed oddly important to Acies to get one of those paintings, Shiny, I wonder why she needs those paintings, or maybe she just needs something that belongs to Naza'arim? perhaps she wants to frame someone for theft, he often thought like this, as if his dear turtle could listen. From time to time it really seemed like she heard his thoughts, so he never stopped, but it didn't really do him any harm. The little turtle was currently in his backpack, she usually slept through trips and didn't mind, but he always made sure to care for her when he got the chance.

e1t2fiE.png

--Acies--
Having heard Ruby's say Acies looked at Uhlsrar and Jacqueline, "Do you two have anything to add? I am giving you permission to speak freely Nesst," Acies added the last with a smile and a small nod of her head, clearly allowing Uhlsrar to speak freely in her presence was a grand reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom