IC The Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kae.png

-Kae-
"No insects?" That did seem rather unnatural. Kae decided to take several steps back as well, that tree was definitley up to something.

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

"Oh?" Ruby had not considered it before, but suddenly realized how obvious it was, in hindsight, that Uhlsrar had already directly asked about Kadiev's location. "Gheer, interesting, presumably an enemy of Kadiev. If that is true then that would be amazing news, enemies gives us options. But to summarize, you asked two people about Kadiev's location and they told you about that, and mentioned Gheer. Was that all? Just keep in mind to point them out, discretely, if you spot them again."

((I'm going to give @Star and Moon a chance to act before I make Ruby go inside.))

-- Scott --

Scott watched as each of his companies one by one backed away from the tree with disappointment. "Well if the two options are leaving or burning the tree I'm for burning." Scott said referring to the choices presented by Kaz. "We just need some way to start the fire... Have any magic that could do that Ara." Scott asking not even looking to see if she followed assuming she has as everyone else was here.

-- Uhlsrar Zautyl --

Uhlsrar stopped to consider if their was anything else he should mention to Ruby from his conversation. "Nope that's all, and I'll keep in mind to point them out if I see them again." Uhlsrar said not recalling anything of importance to add. With that out of the way he followed Ruby into the pub.

.....Inside was loud and busy, bustling with the thrill of an evenings indulgences after a day of presumably hard work. To their (the party's) left was a large bar lined with stools mounted into the ground where several bartenders served exotic customers more focused on heavy drinking and conversation with the workers than that of their own company. Throughout the center tables and chairs lined the place where maids tended to many of the patrons as they sat and walked around. To the right two sets of swinging doors, that were old and worn to the point where they didn't sit quite even, were set into the beige stone walls. Near the back, stairs went up to an upper level on each side of the building, an armed guard stood attentive and sober at each one.

.....No one greeted them as they walked in, proposing the idea that they were to find their own seats.

Azaka Shango

@Oleg34518
"For my idea we need two long poles/skis and then planks or shorter branches in the middle. Unless any of us are a carpenter a full sized tree probably isn't helpful. Try finding some younger ones that are long, strong, and slightly flexible for the skis. Probably want it to be as thick as your wrist and 5-6ft tall (matching of course), and then we can use excess to bridge the two into a 'sled' of sorts."

6zknwmT.png

Platinum chose not to chop down a full sized tree.
Speaking to Azaka "Ok, I'll look for some younger trees and do a durability test, and by that I mean a push to the tree to see if it easily breaks, I have some rope we can use to assemble the sled."
Platinum would take a look around to see if there are any trees that are long and thin.

cCWrz8W.png
"I say we go for now, the others might be waiting for us and those dwarves could show up at any moment." Regnil looked up at the tree once more, trying to see if he could get a bead on it's intentions. If he couldn't tell whether or not it meant them harm, he would turn and see if he could find any sign of a path that may lead to the Temple. Suddenly, he got an idea and snapped his fingers. "Let me try one more thing!" Regnil dashes back towards the dirt circle, grabbing a fist sized stone along the way before trying to etch the symbol he saw earlier in the center. 'Can you hear me?'

Last edited:
Regnil Insight:
Regnil_Insight.PNG

Regnil Arcana:
Regnil_Arcana.PNG

.....Regnil would guess that something was off about the tree somehow, that this behavior was not its natural one and something a little more malicious. Back at the dirt circle, after scratching the symbol into a rock, he would notice and compare to the other rocks, being somewhat knowledgeable in magic himself it would hit him. The markings on the other rocks were well worn and faded. Though he would not know the incantation to activate this rune he made, it was deeper and more detailed than the others, even via a light scratching. Whatever magic was in those old stones—it was gone.

Azaka Shango

((@Oleg34518)) "Platinum you get to work on one of these trees while I go see if anyone else has another ax I can use." Azaka returned to the group to ask, "Does anyone have a hatchet or some such that I can borrow? We found the trees we need but only have the one ax."((@Kazzymodus, @Star and Moon, can't remember if there's anyone else with us right now...))

-- Scott --

"It's a tree you wouldn't need a big fire just start a small one which will spread and engulf it in fire... Then spread to the rest if the forest. You know what let's leave that as plan C," He said to Ara as she nervously said that her spell couldn't burn down the whole tree. Upon hearing Regnil say that they would just leave Scott was rather disappointed, yet not a minute after he ran back to the circle wanting to try one more thing. "So you find anything?" Scott said catching up to Regnil.

cCWrz8W.png
'Hmm...' Regnil thought over what he had just discovered before Scott asked what he found. "Those stones we found earlier, they were used for some kind of magick." He held up the stone to show it to him. "This is a runic symbol; thing is, I don't know how to activate it. Of course, I don't know what it would do either. I thought that it might have been used to understand the voice we heard, but why would there be so many of them?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom