IC The Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Kaz-
Having followed the group back to the clearing, Kaz sighed and began to speak telepathically, "Are there any insects, or arachnids, nearby that know how to activate this ritual, or can help me learn how?" Coughing a bit, Kaz rubbed his throat, "I have asked the local insects for help, it's all I can do" he explained as he sat down, yawning, "Damn I wish I had my bedroll" Kaz muttered.

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

Ruby wasn't quite sure what to think of this, he didn't really have much practical experience with this type of establishment. He knew he wouldn't fit in at the bar, so he focused his attention toward the center. Ruby tried to determine whether the people sitting there were in groups or with strangers, and noted where there were free seats. ((Insight (?) +3)) He was curious about what was upstairs and beyond the doors, the former was probably not worth bothering with since he suspected the guards wouldn't let him go there, but he could probably investigate the latter.

-- Scott --

"Runic symbol and you don't know how to activate it? Well let's see... I'm don't know much about magic but how about repeating what ever gibberish is being said by the creature when where in the middle of the clearing?" Scott said despite doubting it would be that simple. While he had first been excited about finding this clearing his interest was quickly dropping as they where getting nowhere.

nbbBLlk.png
"I don't know e-either, and that tree seemed wrong. Maybe we just leave? This place is giving me the creeps."

..... Kaz would not get a definitive answer from any insects around, as none would actually know the answer to his question.

.....Sitting at the bar, one of the bar tenders approaches Teresa and asks her what she's drinking tonight.

.....Ruby would determine that most people were in groups, but that there were some strangers sitting loosely two of the tables, seeming awkward as though they were only just getting to know each other. The table in particular had two women who seemed to be together for safety rather than familiarity with a single man at the other side who was leaning in and intently listening to what the women were saying.

6zknwmT.png

"If you don't mind, I'll get on the next one." Platinum places down the wooden rod he just made, he then takes off his backpack and takes the rope off it's side and places it next to the rod, then wears the backpack again and begins chopping the next tree, "(I'll remove the foilage and branches afterwards.)"

jHmAthQ.png

Francis continues walking, but then stops, a feeling prickling on the back of his mind. He directs his raven to land on his shoulder, and he tilts his head, trying to locate the source of his discomfort
[Perception: +4] ((To try and see if he hears/sees the main group cutting down trees))

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

Ruby was glad to see that Teresa had the initiative to go to the bar on her own, he had intended for them to split up but realized that he had never actually said so out loud. The people at the bar and those in the center most likely had quite different things to say. He suspected that the table with the two women and one man would be a great place for him to start ((assuming that there is at least one empty seat there)), so he left Uhlsrar and went there. "Mind if I sit here?" Ruby asked, politely and in a friendly manner, his question primarily directed toward the women. While asking he paid attention to the people he could potentially share a table with, trying to gauge what type of people they were based on their appearances.

Last edited:
Azaka Shango

((@Kazzymodus)) Azaka raised an eyebrow at Zack's commentary. He picked up the cut pull and started to use his hands to break away what foliage he could. ((STR + 2 DEX -1)) In reply to Zack he said, "If there was some time table for our return, you never made us aware. Not to mention that since you're incapable of heavy lifting at the moment it would be much more efficient with our time to make this sled rather than stopping for frequent breaks along our trip back." ((@Charmander27, how many people are currently in the party? I thought we had at least 4 excluding Francis.))

TCsyniA.png

"Regnil, you get one more attempt at whatever you're doing. Insects had nothing, so if it fails, we leave. We need to find the others anyway, and get to the temple." Kaz said, slightly glad he was away from the tree; however, Kaz still felt uncomfortable whenever he thought about the tree.

((There is Samuel, Platinum, Zack, Azaka, and from afar, Francis.))

.....Zack would notice someone approaching from the south as they were making this contraption to carry the crates. From the fields in the north-east, Francis would also see this person walking up the road.

.....The two women looked as though they were locals or at the very least, dressed casually, each wearing clothes that were certainly not meant for the wear of travel. The man looked more the opposite, hardy and dressed from what looked may be a caravan stopping through to fill up water and resources on the way through the desert. As Ruby asked to sit, the man looked startled and opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by one of the women who giggled and said he could take a seat.

....."So who are you?" the other woman said.

....."Nice hair color," the first one that said he could sit blurted out before Ruby could answer.

ZjxAKdo.png

"Oh, brilliant." Zack mumbled to himself. He sighed, then got up as far as his shoulder would let him. "Alright men, here comes a little exercise in 'acting casually'.", he said, gesturing towards the approaching figure. "Don't do anything sudden, don't look nervous, and most importantly, let me do the talking."

c3Nn8Y0.png
Ruby

Ruby was about to reply when he was interrupted by the man, much like the man had been just a few seconds earlier. Ruby wasn't sure whether the man was honest or some kind of deadpan sarcastic, him speaking so soon was probably an attempt to assert dominance, since he no longer was the only man at the table. It didn't matter, Ruby always responded the same way to this type of remark. "Thanks!" Ruby said as he took a seat. There was no point in worrying about the giggle, it could mean far too many things. "My name is Ruby, I am . . . a connoisseur," he replied to the second woman. He glanced at the table, to see what the others might have consumed already, if anything at all.

-- Uhlsrar Zautyl --

The drow watched as Teresa for some reason split from the group and headed to the bar. Turing to ask Ruby what that was about he watched him also walk to a different table without saying a word. For a few seconds he stood by the door not understanding why before it dawned on him they where splitting up to find information.

Now understanding the situation Uhlsrar looked around to see if there was any table he could possibly join.

Sp0S5QE.png

"Hmm..." Teresa ponders the question of what to drink before realizing she isn't actually sure what all they would be serving, "What do you recommend?" she decided to ask.

She decided it would hurt to relax for a moment before attempting to talk to people, while still keeping an ear out if anything interesting is said nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom