tModLoader The JoostMod

Great Mod, I played it on my channel. 4 episodes so not hard to beat except the bosses.

I couldn't have beaten Jumbo Cactuar because he teleports to me and no knockback so I basically have to let him sit on me. But when I start the battle he just does whatever he wants and in my case he just went underground and stayed there sending shots at me, forcing me to make him teleport to me, which killed me because obvious reasons.

So I cheated and beat him, but SA-X's first form he can just freeze you with his shots. Then he can just sit there and keep shooting you. Then you can't get anywhere and are forced to die. How do I deal with that? I've gotten every accessory and armour in this mod and in terraria but nothing helps me with that problem. Probably could use a potion but that's not my style. I don't use arenas or potions I fight bosses head on so it's fair for both of us. Definitely not stupid.

Cheated and beat him, and Gilgamesh was a fun boss though, good job on him.
The Jumbo Cactuar can't teleport at all...
Anyways, you should have a very large open space in the underground desert for him. If he gets stuck you can fly out of the desert for a moment to enrage him causing him to go through walls at you at high speed.

The Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow goons have a rare chance to drop the hand warmer which you're supposed to use for SA-X.
Also, you really should be using potions and definitely arenas instead of just cheating them :p

So to be sure, legendary weapons can drop from absolutely any any enemy? With no exceptions? They're just incredibly super rare?
defating vanilla and joost bosses increases the weapons damage and yes its ridiculously rare and can be get it from any enemy.

edit: I only got the glove weapon.

So for example I could farm any event and potentially get one?
yes, but the chances to drop are these normal: 30000 and expert: 25000 so unless you want to farm for a long time on slime rain go ahead, on previous updates there was also drop chance increases with vanilla and joost bosses defeated with the power too.... but not more.

Edit: and also RNG plays a role on this, so you can probably get repeated legendary weapons too.

Okay, Treasure Goblin is a big problem. The coin piles he drops cause the blocks they land on to revert to square... every time he spawns near my town, whether I kill him or not, I have to check the volcano and various roofs afterward to see if his coinage has wrecked the slopes.

Also, elementals attack me in town. This isn't a HUGE problem, but it's a hassle. I'm pretty sure an earth elemental has been spawning from the roof of one of my buildings made of Smooth Granite. It rolls into me whenever I go to talk to the Guide next door.

Version 0.6.3
- Added a Legendary Fishing rod: Uncle Carius's Pole! Obtained insanely rarely when fishing​
- Added Desertification Solution
- Added Winter Solution
- Added Temperate Solution
- Added Succulent Cactus
- Tweaked Treasure Goblin spawning
- Tweaked Air Elemental Sprite
- Tweaked Terra Firma sprite
- Increased Pumpkin Staff attack speed
- Increased Whirlwind Attack Speed
- Reduced Pumpkin Staff damage from 54 to 38
- Reduced Whirlwind damage from 55 to 44
- Reduced Gnome Staff damage from 34 to 30
- Reduced sand dropped by Desert Golem from 999 to 100-250
- Resprited every tornado thing
- Resprited Plague of Toads, the toads now come in different colors
- Resprited Water Elemental
- Resprited Water Essence
- Changed Water Elemental Behavior
- Fixed major oversight where damage increasing items were multiplicative rather than additive
- Made Warhammer of Grognak much cooler
- Space jump now requires a Bundle of Balloons rather than a Gravity Distortion core
- Skeleton staff, Rose Weave, Duke Fishrod, Bubble Knife, and Mega Bubble Shield will drop from their respective boss's treasure bags
- Enemies will no longer spawn during events on the surface, or near town NPCs

http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/JoostMod.tmod

Whoa... Gilgamesh v2.0. How? Other than "let him kill your face", I mean.

Edit: Wait... someone said something earlier about fighting the Jumbo Cactuar in Underground Desert. Do these bosses have biome preferences? Shouldn''t that be in their summon item descriptors? I mean, SA-X went down pretty easy with Hand Warmer, but I had to use a tool from post-Armageddon Thorium to survive JC, and Gilgamesh v2.0 is like sunbathing on Alderaan the day the Death Star fired.

Last edited:
Whoa... Gilgamesh v2.0. How? Other than "let him kill your face", I mean.

Edit: Wait... someone said something earlier about fighting the Jumbo Cactuar in Underground Desert. Do these bosses have biome preferences? Shouldn''t that be in their summon item descriptors? I mean, SA-X went down pretty easy with Hand Warmer, but I had to use a tool from post-Armageddon Thorium to survive JC, and Gilgamesh v2.0 is like sunbathing on Alderaan the day the Death Star fired.
Only the Jumbo Cactuar has a biome preference, which is listed in the item's description as the desert. You gotta abuse teleporters and/or portal gun for this guy due to his massive size. While it is possible to defeat Jumbo Cactuar with Moon-lord gear, Ragnarok gear will help a ton making the superboss less super of a fight.

As for Gilgamesh's Second form, you gotta dodge and fly a lot. When he starts spinning he will go around you in a circle, so you have to fly in a circle going in the opposite direction. He will back up for a half second before he does his spin thing. After he spins twice he will do a special attack: either a giant shockwave thing where you should fly upwards as high as you can, or a white orb that will explode into a ton of projectiles.

Version 0.6.3.1
- Increased attack speed of Chained Chainsaws and hatchets
- Increased damage of Hallowed sickle from 35 to 54
- Increased damage of Chlorophyte glove from 49 to 53
- Increased droprate of Hand Warmers from Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons
- Nerfed health, money drops, and spawnrates of Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons
- Nerfed health of Jumbo Cactuar
- Tweaked some projectile hitboxes
- Tweaked Airplane Mount
- Changed Jumbo Cactuar Behavior
- Removed Cactite banner, now just uses Cactoid banner (they're really the same species)
- Fixed bug where Warhammer of Grognak and Spcae jump didnt reset player rotation (really sorry about that one!)
- 100 needles and 1000 needles can no longer have their damage reduced to 0
- Gilgamesh's second form no longers looks like a box when spinning
- Vanilla tweak: clowns are now guaranteed to drop at least 1 Bananarang

I defeated Gilgamesh without killing Enkidu first and... Nothing happens. Enkidu doesn't say anything or get enraged or anything. Like every single gamer out there. When we have a villain and a Sidekick we try to kill the Villain without killing the sidekick at some point. And i did. And It was very anti-climatic because normally i am just smashing people with my Hammer of Gnorak which i kindly renamed to Hammer of the Final Guard but this time i had to be careful to not let Enkidu die before Gilgamesh. And well It didn't do :red:.
Also i never defeated the Jumbo Cactuar without him simply Spinning around like a goddamn dungeon guardian so i would simply use a mechanical cart to just run away fast as :red: and teleporters to help on going back and forth and using the Staff of David to just milk him down.

I defeated Gilgamesh without killing Enkidu first and... Nothing happens. Enkidu doesn't say anything or get enraged or anything. Like every single gamer out there. When we have a villain and a Sidekick we try to kill the Villain without killing the sidekick at some point. And i did. And It was very anti-climatic because normally i am just smashing people with my Hammer of Gnorak which i kindly renamed to Hammer of the Final Guard but this time i had to be careful to not let Enkidu die before Gilgamesh. And well It didn't do :red:.
Also i never defeated the Jumbo Cactuar without him simply Spinning around like a goddamn dungeon guardian so i would simply use a mechanical cart to just run away fast as :red: and teleporters to help on going back and forth and using the Staff of David to just milk him down.
I never really expected anyone to kill Gilgamesh first.

Also, don't leave the desert with Jumbo Cactuar, it will only end badly.

Version 0.6.3.2
- Tweaked Jumbo Cactuar behavior a bit more
- Tweaked Death Knight behavior
- Fixed bug where Uncle Carius's Pole was craftable (oops!)
- Resprited Water Elemental Banner
- Pufferfish staff, Bubble Shield, and Larpoon are now caught in ocean
- Robo cod is now caught in jungle or tundra
- Chance for catching the above items cap out at 1:10, 1:15, 1:30, and 1:30 respectively
- Uncle Carius's Pole may now fish in lava while in hardmode​

So I'm playing through a Bard (Thorium) and trying to avoid unnecessary fishing in the early game, coz I feel it kinda breaks it a little (especially the sharks from the Ocean), but I want to finish my Cell Phone, so I grab my trusty Fishing Shotgun, talk to the Angler, and he asks for a Clownfish. So, okay, Ocean, sure. BRB.

Get to the Ocean, fire shotgun in the water (hrm... if I'm saying that, it must be Thursday), and FIRST pull... Reaver Shark AND Sawtooth Shark.

AUGH!!! Darn you, super-convenient Fishing Shotgun!!!

Just wanted to share that for laughs. :D

Back
Top Bottom