tModLoader The JoostMod

Honestly, the flame and frost minions and the leaf shield are crazy powerful for the early game. The minions' flames hit everything that touches them without limit and don't go out in water (although the debuffs might), which, between the "flame" and the debuff, lets them decimate masses of monsters if the monsters are stacked, and the leaf shield allows safe spam-shot farming through walls in the wild from a distance virtually without limit.

You might want to consider having the flames go out in water and have a hit limit regardless, and maybe have the leaf shield just recast itself if it's cast without the prior one having been launched, rather than allow multiple shields to stack. As it is, they outperform just about anything else a summoner can get their hands on in pre-hardmode, except maybe the Skeleton Staff.

I love this stuff, but yeah... it's pretty overpowered. I can decimate EoC in short order with just a partial mana pool by just chain-casting Leaf Shield to stack it and waiting for EoC to come close.

Hey, Joost, I just got ribbed for missing this in my centered-on-player rotating weapon: I left the weapon (not the projectile) with a shootSpeed value. Once I deleted it, it centered normally. I notice the Wand of the Forest seems to have a similar issue (the leaf shields appear in slightly different positions based on cursor placement relative to player when the Wand fires), so I dunno if this helps but maybe take a look.

Last edited:
Honestly, the flame and frost minions and the leaf shield are crazy powerful for the early game. The minions' flames hit everything that touches them without limit and don't go out in water (although the debuffs might), which, between the "flame" and the debuff, lets them decimate masses of monsters if the monsters are stacked, and the leaf shield allows safe spam-shot farming through walls in the wild from a distance virtually without limit.

You might want to consider having the flames go out in water and have a hit limit regardless, and maybe have the leaf shield just recast itself if it's cast without the prior one having been launched, rather than allow multiple shields to stack. As it is, they outperform just about anything else a summoner can get their hands on in pre-hardmode, except maybe the Skeleton Staff.

I love this stuff, but yeah... it's pretty overpowered. I can decimate EoC in short order with just a partial mana pool by just chain-casting Leaf Shield to stack it and waiting for EoC to come close.
Yeah, I'll be nerfing those weapons soon. The embers will have a small pierce limit and go out in water. The want of the forest is supposed to be able to stack up, but i can just reduce how much it is able to stack.

Hey, Joost, I just got ribbed for missing this in my centered-on-player rotating weapon: I left the weapon (not the projectile) with a shootSpeed value. Once I deleted it, it centered normally. I notice the Wand of the Forest seems to have a similar issue (the leaf shields appear in slightly different positions based on cursor placement relative to player when the Wand fires), so I dunno if this helps but maybe take a look.
There actually supposed to do that so you can sorta see which direction they'll fly when you right click.

JoostMod: CactusWormHead. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the JoostMod developers.

JoostMod: CactusWormHead. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the JoostMod developers.
Erm, I am the Joostmod developer...? Anyways, the patch that fixes the Cactus Worm banner should be out sometime soonish. Just wait patiently.

1000 needles cannot have its damage reduced to 0?

Is this from the enemy side of things or from the player's?
Seems overpowered AF if you can do damage to things that are not supposed to take damage. Or am I sort of misunderstanding how this works?

1000 needles cannot have its damage reduced to 0?

Is this from the enemy side of things or from the player's?
Seems overpowered AF if you can do damage to things that are not supposed to take damage. Or am I sort of misunderstanding how this works?
Spectre Hood, for example (-40% Magic damage), and similar effects, cannot reduce 1000 needles to 0 item damage from 1.

Hey Joost, any chance you will add the morphball too? I Need this damn item so much i´d be willing to pay you via paypal to implement it! You know one just like in scooter´s metroid mod (which sadly died)

The want of the forest is supposed to be able to stack up, but i can just reduce how much it is able to stack.

I just decimated Expert Skeletron with this. It was a little challenge of a fight, but not much... he was gonna hit me for sure, so I just chain-cast Leaf Shield and, when he hit me, the offending part ate DOZENS of leaf hits. This would be great as a beginner summoner weapon, but wow is it just broken as-is. Just wanted to illustrate. Letting them stack up for high defensive contact damage and being able to launch them all through walls makes pretty much any other option pre-WoF obsolete, near as I can tell.

Version 0.6.4
- Added Old, Sharpened, Channeled, Coiled, Pure, Dream, and Awoken Dream Nails
- Added Cup Mask
- Added Mug Mask
- Removed Ninja, Ammo, and Mana tokens
- Removed Doubler
- Removed Enchanted spear
- Tweaked SA-X freezing
- Tweaked Jumbo Cactuar behavior
- Tweaked Cactuar's needles
- Tweaked Genji Armor sprites
- Tweaked Golden, Veridian, and Crimson Genji armor set bonuses
- Reduced piercing of ember wands and staves
- Reduced attack speed of Terra Spear, True Gungnir, and True Dark Lance
- Reduced how long wand of the forest's leaves last (and by extension, how many leaves can stack up)
- Resprited Stone Fist
- Resprited Cactuar Costume
- Resprited Lunar Cactus Armor
- Fixed issue where Cactus Worm banner was unobtainable
- Changed Boook's Bullet Hell function
- Changed Stone Fist function
- Changed Hellfire Glove's Shurikens
- Shuffled defensive stats on Veridian, Azure, and Crimson Genji Armors: was Crimson>Azure>Veridian is now Veridian>Crimson>Azure
- Wand of the forest, staff of nature, and pumpkin staff's projectiles can no longer be launched through thick walls
- Boomerang Bullet now returns to inventory(unless using endless version), but may break on impact
- Boomerang Bullet damage increased from 6 to 8
- Boomerang bullet and richoshot recipes now only make 50
- Warhammer of Grognak's Shockwave moves faster
- Fire projectiles now go out in water
I cant seem to upload onto the mod browser, use the discord: https://discord.gg/W9XkT6s

EDIT:
Update should now be on the browser, and by extension, here: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/JoostMod.tmod

Last edited:
Version 0.6.4
- Added Old, Sharpened, Channeled, Coiled, Pure, Dream, and Awoken Dream Nails
- Added Cup Mask
- Added Mug Mask
- Removed Ninja, Ammo, and Mana tokens
- Removed Doubler
- Removed Enchanted spear
- Tweaked SA-X freezing
- Tweaked Jumbo Cactuar behavior
- Tweaked Cactuar's needles
- Tweaked Genji Armor sprites
- Tweaked Golden, Veridian, and Crimson Genji armor set bonuses
- Reduced piercing of ember wands and staves
- Reduced attack speed of Terra Spear, True Gungnir, and True Dark Lance
- Reduced how long wand of the forest's leaves last (and by extension, how many leaves can stack up)
- Resprited Stone Fist
- Resprited Cactuar Costume
- Resprited Lunar Cactus Armor
- Fixed issue where Cactus Worm banner was unobtainable
- Changed Boook's Bullet Hell function
- Changed Stone Fist function
- Changed Hellfire Glove's Shurikens
- Shuffled defensive stats on Veridian, Azure, and Crimson Genji Armors: was Crimson>Azure>Veridian is now Veridian>Crimson>Azure
- Wand of the forest, staff of nature, and pumpkin staff's projectiles can no longer be launched through thick walls
- Boomerang Bullet now returns to inventory(unless using endless version), but may break on impact
- Boomerang Bullet damage increased from 6 to 8
- Boomerang bullet and richoshot recipes now only make 50
- Warhammer of Grognak's Shockwave moves faster
- Fire projectiles now go out in water
I cant seem to upload onto the mod browser, use the discord: https://discord.gg/W9XkT6s

EDIT:
Update should now be on the browser, and by extension, here: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/JoostMod.tmod
Why remove the tokens and doubler?

Back
Top Bottom