tModLoader The JoostMod

The Nails are very cool but it would be awesome if there were more Hollow Knight items. For acsessories Monarch wings or Shadow Cloack. Maybe some collectibles. Different variants of masks that could be crafted. Maybe charms. But that just my opinion.:happy:

Last edited:
! The Nail Run !
UPDATE 4
Also Joost I want to tell you something. I don't know if it's possible to complete the game using only Nails, melee armor (and a lot of potions), but I decided to try it.
(don't know if you want to read this, but here is my knowledge of bosses vs only nails)
(also I'm doing this on expert mode)
___---___

1 Eye of Cthulhu - pretty easy, beat him with 180 hp, iron armor, some potions and Sharpened Nail
2 King Slime - was quite a challenge and he was killing me pretty fast, without knowing how he moves you dead for sure (beat him with 180 hp, iron armor, some potions and Sharpened Nail)
3 Eater of Worlds - Easy not a problem (beat him with with 240 hp, iron armor, some potions and Sharpened Nail)
4 Queen Bee - Challenging but not hard, all tho' I had to do some fishing and make potions (such as Wrath potion, Endurance potion)
5 Skeletron - died several times, but because of my stupudity, a lot of dodging is required, also damage on the Sharpened nail is pretty small, so I had to forge all of mine acsessories to 2-4% damage, beat him with 300 hp, shadow scale armor, 5 potions and Sharpened Nail)
6 Wall of Flesh - Now here is huge problem. Impossible to kill with Channeled nail. Again, I think damage is too small. So I had to "cheat". I defeted WoF with a lot of dynamite, molten armor and 6 potions.
7 The Destroyer - Actually was easy, just don't get hit by his head you'll be fine (defeated by Coilded nail, adamantite armor, 7 potions (including a Flask of cursed flames), every acsessory on 3-4% damage and 400 hp)
8 Skeletron Prime - Hard. Used Nurse a lot. (defeated with Coilded nail, adamantite armor, 7 potions (including a Flask of cursed flames), every acsessory on 3-4% damage and 420 hp cuz blaze it)
9 The Twins - I can't believe this, I finally did it, after 10 or more tries, I finally did it... The (Menacing) Star Veil is the best, and also with adamantite armor, 490 hp, flask of cursed flames, regen, iron skin, wrath, swiftness, lifeforce, endurance potions and cooked fish with Nurse, huge arena, campfires, regen lanters and honey, ohh and also a lot of Ale ( all "charms" to 4% damage), also Coiled Nail.
10 Plantera - pretty tough and a lot of space is required to move in. (Pure Nail, 8 potions, chlorophyte armor, all "charms" to 4% dmg)
11 Golem - Actually was doing a lot of damage of his lasers (fireballs didn't do any dmg, because I had honey), when he is low at the first phase he will demolish you (Pure Nail, 8 potions, turtle armor, all acsessories to 4% dmg + honey, campfire and heart lantern)
12 Lunatic Cultist - Not really hard, but you have to be far enough so he won't hit you (Dream Nail, 8 potions, beatle armor, all acsessories to 4% dmg, campfire and heart lantern)
12,5 Now I know that pillars aren't bosses, they like mini events but I will tell you about them anyway. PAIN, nothing else, the easiest one is the Vortex Pillar, the hardest one is (somehow) the Stardust Pillar.
13 Moonlord - Now this is some challenge), the Moonlord does deal a lot of damage with his eyes (70-180hp), but with nurse 9 potions, Awokened Dream Nail, beatle armor, all acsessories to 4% dmg and the best, Cosmic Key Car I was able to defeat him.

----__----

There is some things left that I will not try such as : killing Duke Fishron (cuz hell no, he will tear me apart with his speed), doing the events (I don't see a point doing that), the only thing that I will try to do to end is killing WoF (I hope I will beat her, there has to be a way).

Last edited:
Also Joost I want to tell you something. I don't know if it's possible to complete the game using only Coils, melee armor (and a lot of potions), but I decided to try it.
(don't know if you want to read this, but here is my knowledge of bosses vs only nails)
(also I'm doing this on expert mode)

___---___

1 Eye of Cthulhu - pretty easy, beat him with 180 hp, iron armor, some potions and Sharpened Nail
2 King Slime - was quite a challenge, was killing me pretty fast, without knowing how he moves you dead for sure (beat him with 180 hp, iron armor, some potions and Sharpened Nail)
3 Eater of Worlds - Easy not a problem (beat him with with 240 hp, iron armor, some potions and Sharpened Nail)
4 Queen Bee - Challenging but not hard, all tho I had to do some fishing and make potions (such as Wrath potion, Endurance potion)
5 Skeletron - died several times, but because of my stupudity, a lot of dodging is required, also damage on the Sharpened nail is pretty small, so I had to forge all of me acsessories to 2-4% damage, beat him with 300 hp, shadow scale armor, 5 potions and Sharpened Nail)
6 Wall of Flesh - Now here is huge problem. Impossible to kill with Channeled nail. Again, I think damage is too small. So I had to "cheat". I defeted WoF with a lot of dynamite, molten armor and 6 potions.
7 The Destroyer - Actually was easy, just don't get hit by his head you'll be fine (defeated by Coilded nail, adamantite armor, 7 potions (including a Flask of cursed flames), every acsessory on 3-4% damage)
8 Skeletron Prime - Hard. Used Nurse a lot. (defeated by Coilded nail, adamantite armor, 7 potions (including a Flask of cursed flames), every acsessory on 3-4% damage)
9 The Twins - Here I am now. Just 1 thing to say. I tried to kill then more than 10 times. I used everyting: max damage on everything(including the nail), using Nurse more than 100000 times to survive, huge arena to dodge, teleporters. Nothing helped, all thou I made so progress. First tries - can't defeat. Last attempts - don't have enough time to defeat Retinazer.

----__----

Now I don't know known if this information was important to you, but I was just wanted to tell you this.
I hope it will be helpful :^)
Wow, that's some dedication right there. Yeah, doing a nail-only run is not something I intended at all. Wall of flesh is a beast without anything to attack at range with.

DO YOU KNOW MUMBO JUMBO a youtuber. First i saw there was a catus boss and i sad it looks like Mumbo cactonay. and then i saw what name it has..... Jumbo Cactuar!!!!!! He plays minecraft
[doublepost=1512397452,1512397376][/doublepost]Mug mask and cup mask. Do you have a Cup head

DO YOU KNOW MUMBO JUMBO a youtuber. First i saw there was a catus boss and i sad it looks like Mumbo cactonay. and then i saw what name it has..... Jumbo Cactuar!!!!!! He plays minecraft
[doublepost=1512397452,1512397376][/doublepost]Mug mask and cup mask. Do you have a Cup head
There might be a relation, I couldn't say because I don't follow Minecraft, but the Cactuar stuff... including Jumbo Cactuar, which has a mustache... is from Final Fantasy. I'm really amused at what he's done with them. :D

I really like this mod. It feels simple yet adds a lot, especially to early game summoners. The fishing shotguns are also really great.

Why did you remove the Enchanted Spear? I've read your reasons for removing the half cost items, but haven't seen anything about why that particular weapon was removed.

Would it be possible the legendary weapons could drop say, as a token that you can craft into any legendary weapon? On class playthroughs I rarely get the weapon I'm looking for. On my mage playthrough, I've gotten a Larkus's Tome and two Gnunderson's gloves. What about imkSushiMod boss token swapping? If that would be too OP, I understand, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Why did you remove the Enchanted Spear? I've read your reasons for removing the half cost items, but haven't seen anything about why that particular weapon was removed.
I personally didn't like the item. Just simply replacing the enchanted sword made it feel really strange and out of place.

Would it be possible the legendary weapons could drop say, as a token that you can craft into any legendary weapon? On class playthroughs I rarely get the weapon I'm looking for. On my mage playthrough, I've gotten a Larkus's Tome and two Gnunderson's gloves. What about imkSushiMod boss token swapping? If that would be too OP, I understand, but I'm just throwing that out there.
It would be rather OP, the idea is just to simply get lucky. There's always treasure goblin hunting as they give much higher drop rates.

I got the staff of david while fighting the solar pillar! HOW CAN I BE LUCKYER!?!?
Speaking of luck, I had a time where I caught the legendary fishing rod on my hook, but then the hook broke and I didn't get the pole. I basically made sure to always have some sort of high test fishing line after that.

On another character, I managed to fish up two of them not all that far apart from one another.

This is one of the mods I always have enabled if possible. It adds interesting items without cluttering the player with a bunch of samey items. The three new bosses are also pretty fun to fight. Speaking of bosses, Enkidu despawned on me once or twice while fighting Gilgamesh. I guess it was a distance thing.

Is it possible that Boook's Bullet Hell could have an alternate fire? All the other legendary weapons have one.

I often find myself going for the Gigamesh armor every time, it's just that gud :p

yeah Enkidu despawned on me too, yeah it's a distance thing, it happens when he does his rain attack and you run too far.

I remember tearing through old mods recently trying to find what added those cool chained hatchets, and i'm happy to have the mod back in my roster

Back
Top Bottom