tModLoader The JoostMod

I think The Skeleton Demolitionist is a fair bit overtuned, especially considering the tiny spaces you're usually forced to fight him in and how unavoidable most of his attacks are. His attacks seem to do 100-200 damage and are incredibly fast, while he's also incredibly fast and can be on you and blasting you for hundreds of damage in an instant. Again, all this while you're frequently forced to fight him in the tiniest of tiny spaces is simply too much.

Added on to that, I'm not a fan of the DPS check at the end where you have to kill him before he fires his weapon or you're most likely dead. I've practiced dodging it before, but again, tiny enclosed spaces make that very difficult, as does the ridiculous size of the instakill projectile. Dying to that doesn't feel fair or fun.

I had a deathless run going until I got to him. The only other time I even came remotely close to being in danger was against the Roc, another miniboss from your mod with a jacked up power level, who got stuck under a flying island and kept shooting me with a rapid barrage of projectiles that go through blocks, hit hard, and are difficult to avoid due their quantity and spread. I barely survived those cheesy attacks from the Roc, but the Demolitionist killed me twice.

I've fought these minibosses many times now. The fights range from not-too-bad to practically impossible to survive depending mainly on the luck of where they spawn and how their AI behaves (getting stuck behind blocks, trapped in rooms where you die if you try to enter, etc.). The Demolitionist is obviously the worst for that, since the dungeon has so many places for him to spawn where trying to get close to him is suicide (the attached screenshot with the instadeath room is from my fight today). If you can't find some way to control the spawns so that these issues don't happen, or at least aren't so common, I think the power level of the bosses should be brought down. The Demolitionist's damage needs a nerf regardless, though.
The Roc's feather barrage automatically happens when there are tiles in between you and the Roc so it is still able to do something without being cheesed by hiding behind a wall.
As for the skeleton demolitionist, I'll reduce it's damage and make the dps race segment happen at less health. It is a bit much.

The Roc's feather barrage automatically happens when there are tiles in between you and the Roc so it is still able to do something without being cheesed by hiding behind a wall.

I'd rather have the Roc move through blocks in those situations than have to deal with the feathers. It getting stuck under the floating island was completely outside of my control. The feathers didn't fix the problem (they just forced me to use my Magic Mirror to escape certain death), but the Roc moving through blocks to attack me would.

I'd rather have the Roc move through blocks in those situations than have to deal with the feathers. It getting stuck under the floating island was completely outside of my control. The feathers didn't fix the problem (they just forced me to use my Magic Mirror to escape certain death), but the Roc moving through blocks to attack me would.
I suppose that would probably work out better.

Version 0.7.2.2
- Fixed bug where Cactus Worm Hook would make you vibrate when grappling a platform
- Reduced damage of Skeleton Demolitionist
- Reduced Speed of Cactus Worm Hook
- Tweaked Swingy Hooks
- Skeleton Demolitionist used the doom cannon at one-quarter health rather than one-third.
- Roc now goes through tiles
- Roc's feathers no longer go through tiles​

I've got this weird thing where the Lunar Fishing Shotgun doesn't work properly. It fishes fine but most of the time the lines will just bounce off of the water, am I missing something?

I've got this weird thing where the Lunar Fishing Shotgun doesn't work properly. It fishes fine but most of the time the lines will just bounce off of the water, am I missing something?
I've never had them bounce off of the water before. Wouldn't they just fall back in anyways?

I've never had them bounce off of the water before. Wouldn't they just fall back in anyways?
No for me it shoots out in a short range and comes back. It will bounce straight off the water and come back instantly and only fishes about 1 out of 10 times.

Version 0.7.2.3
- Added Bloody Bucket
- Added Toxic Bucket
- Added Super Absorbtion Pump
- Increased attack speed of Cactus Cannon
- Reduced Catchrate of Bubble Shield, Grenade Fish, Larpoon, Pufferfish Staff, and Robo Cod.
- Grenade Fish, Larpoon, Pufferfish Staff, and Robo Cod deal fishing damage when you have Unusacies's Battle Rods Mod
- Uncle Carius's Fishing Pole and Fishing Shotguns's hooks grab dropped items and latch onto enemies out of water but no longer deal knockback​

what are these
The Bloody/Toxic buckets are new weapons fished in the Crimson/Corruption after the Brain of Cthulhu/Eater of Worlds has been defeated. They're about as rare as the Purple Clubberfish.
The Super Absorbtion Pump is a tile that will remove water when powered or right clicked. It's made from the Super Absorbant Sponge, and inlet pump, an outlet pump, and 2 wire.

i love the mod but the hollow knight nail weapons are to weak in my opinion, i am playing a moderately modded run and accidentally used a thing that doubled the health and damage of all enemies but even without that, its too weak (but i love Pogo-ing off the top of enemies). i loved the game Hollow Knight so it makes me happy that there are Hollow Knight stuff in your mod but its too weak for me. maybe auto swing in the later tiers and more damage(if it already is like that sorry, i haven't played the mod that much)? and for the 4th tier version (the one you make using soul of light and night) maybe include any one of the mech bosses souls as a part if you do buff the nail. every time i get the weapon upgraded its too weak for my current state in the game (especially seeing as how in pre-hardmode i am fighting bosses that have thirty thousand to a hundred thousand HP and regular enemies have several hundred to couple thousand HP).
also it would be great if you could make upgraded the roc wings. they are so fun to mess around with, with how there are flips and such.
it would be fair if you put a warning in the description of the Doom Cannon. it just said fully charged breaks tiles so i thought maybe like dyanamite so i shot it near my house so now i have a big hole, but i like that it breaks so much, just a good warning would be good.
really liking the mod and quests are great and makes me feel good to complete them.
i haven't played to much of the mod since i only got the game (Terraria for the PC, already had it on console) around a week ago.
[doublepost=1530473899,1530473519][/doublepost]also going back to Hollow Knight, maybe you could add in accessories that are the badges and stuff or other Hollow Knight Mounts

every time i get the weapon upgraded its too weak for my current state in the game (especially seeing as how in pre-hardmode i am fighting bosses that have thirty thousand to a hundred thousand HP and regular enemies have several hundred to couple thousand HP).
Sounds like you have more than just doubling enemy health if pre-hardmode bosses have a hundred thousand health.
Also autoswing for the later ones is impossible since they have the charging up ability. I thought would've been obvious.
I'll make the doom cannon tooltip a bit more clear.

Sounds like you have more than just doubling enemy health if pre-hardmode bosses have a hundred thousand health.
Also autoswing for the later ones is impossible since they have the charging up ability. I thought would've been obvious.
oh, i didn't know i could charge up the nail weapons. and ok(?)/cool

also god damn am i an idiot, it says it clearly in the tooltip

Back
Top Bottom