tModLoader The JoostMod

Yet another large and known in past mod, abandoned... How unfortunate.
Hey atleast you can still play Joost, every 1.4 has to force update each month and Joost is known to go missing for larger periods of time, which would leave his mod unplayable to most.

Regardless he'll either return or some dudes will make an unofficial port (since TML has no issues with this, apartment)

I hope someone ports this one. I loved the Metroid and Hollow Knight content.
Well the mod "technically" is open source as it can be decompiled and doesn't do anything too complex that'd be hard to port so, it's more likely.

While I would like to see Joost not be forgotten, I'd really rather Joost himself says something about this.
The guy has for years been known to kinda vanish for long periods of time and leave the mod without updates for up to a year
He's also had an issue with people stealing his work or ripping content from his mod without permission

I can be assumed he wouldn't approve of it atleast without asking first

PS PS: The mod is confirmed to be coming to 1.4, always check a mod's discord if you can, people now-a-days forget the forums exist:
1658530163656.png

Last edited:
PS PS: The mod is confirmed to be coming to 1.4, always check a mod's discord if you can, people now-a-days forget the forums exist:
1658530163656.png
That’s all I needed to know XD
I literally was sitting talking to myself reminded myself of chippys mega mod pack series and then went, wait THE JOOST MOD HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN OH NO
Now I can rest in peice knowing that one day I’ll play the JOOST mod in 1.4

Joostmod features in videos!
Its outdated, but still, thanks to @Gameraiders101 for being the first to show off the JoostMod!
Here's a more up to date review by him.

Gameraider's friend, Smithas!

@Fury also makes videos with JoostMod!

@ChippyGaming also did a video!

AP STP Shows off all the bosses here!
But here's a tip: don't solely use the Last Prism against the SA-X's third form like in the video. Laser beams don't count as colliding with the eye, so it only ever does the reduced shell damage.
someone please do a tut on how to download this. ive been trying to download this for more than 3 days. Please help

someone please do a tut on how to download this. ive been trying to download this for more than 3 days. Please help
This mod is currently only for 1.3. You're likely on 1.4, which this mod wasn't updated for yet. However, Joost hasn't been online here for over a year (not sure about Discord).

Well the mod "technically" is open source as it can be decompiled and doesn't do anything too complex that'd be hard to port so, it's more likely.

While I would like to see Joost not be forgotten, I'd really rather Joost himself says something about this.
The guy has for years been known to kinda vanish for long periods of time and leave the mod without updates for up to a year
He's also had an issue with people stealing his work or ripping content from his mod without permission

I can be assumed he wouldn't approve of it atleast without asking first

View attachment 377472
As I pointed out here, he seems to only be active on discord
I guess we can consider the forums abandoned for the time being, if you want JOOST updates go join the discord. (I mean really, you should do this to double down if a mod is dead or not, I've found quite a few mods that died off and reasons why were only given on discord leading forum users to wonder for a really long time...)

Ah... the joost mod. reminds me of my youth. What a pity, it probably wouldn't be ever ported to 1.4. This is as unfortunate, as with all of the similar large content mods, which are long-dead now...

Ah... the joost mod. reminds me of my youth. What a pity, it probably wouldn't be ever ported to 1.4. This is as unfortunate, as with all of the similar large content mods, which are long-dead now...
joost has mentioned (on discord) that he was slowly working on it these last couple of years, just that life and other suprises have kept him from doin' it full time.

Back
Top Bottom