tModLoader The JoostMod

Are you sure? They "never stop moving" only if they're not blocked by anything, like if you have a flat-ish desert, which some deserts happen to be. I have an expert crimson world and I'm able to beat them quite easily. Their attacks are easy to dodge with a jump. They're not that hard, really, so maybe you just happen to be on a flat desert, because the cactus enemies are only non-moving because they tend to get stuck on small heights, and (not so) rarely jump to overcome them at all.

Secondly, the weapons given to you by the mod make them so much easier to deal with. Especially making use of the needles and needle spells, as they stunlock the cactus enemies.
And how! Although, I do need to update the OP on their behavior. See, they used to behave like a mimic -standing still until you get to close- but they stopped doing that when I made then shoot needles. I forgot to update that in the OP.
I really like the throwing weapon sprites. Keep up the good work man this looks promising :p
Thank you! It's nice to here you enjoy the mod. Anyways, I'm going to get back to work on the mod in about a week. Future plans include mimics and ice biome content, and a new boss further on. Stay tuned!

Are you sure? They "never stop moving" only if they're not blocked by anything, like if you have a flat-ish desert, which some deserts happen to be. I have an expert crimson world and I'm able to beat them quite easily. Their attacks are easy to dodge with a jump. They're not that hard, really, so maybe you just happen to be on a flat desert, because the cactus enemies are only non-moving because they tend to get stuck on small heights, and (not so) rarely jump to overcome them at all.

Secondly, the weapons given to you by the mod make them so much easier to deal with. Especially making use of the needles and needle spells, as they stunlock the cactus enemies.
They may "stunlock" them and keep them from moving, but they can still fire needles, which is what keeps killing me.

I believe if you put a platform high enough in the air then they can't even reach you, since their needles are always fired in the same diameter.

They may "stunlock" them and keep them from moving, but they can still fire needles, which is what keeps killing me.
I believe if you put a platform high enough in the air then they can't even reach you, since their needles are always fired in the same diameter.
Skullray's plan works well if you really need to escape them, and if you really need to combat them, it may be good to go for armor and defences first if you haven't gotten them. Melees aren't really lucky fighting against a ranged enemy so early in the game and as commonly as they are, but keeping some throwing weapons with you or de-levelling the desert could prove useful for you.

Please make the Enchanted Spear require a crafting station of some sort, or make it reversible. I don't want to risk accidentally converting my sword (already have the spear)

And how! Although, I do need to update the OP on their behavior. See, they used to behave like a mimic -standing still until you get to close- but they stopped doing that when I made then shoot needles. I forgot to update that in the OP.
Thank you! It's nice to here you enjoy the mod. Anyways, I'm going to get back to work on the mod in about a week. Future plans include mimics and ice biome content, and a new boss further on. Stay tuned!
Joost could you provide a download link because I'm on mac meaning the mod browser does'nt work for me.:happy:

Joost could you provide a download link because I'm on mac meaning the mod browser does'nt work for me.:happy:
Mac has nothing to do with it, mod browser is currently broken; and i'm currently using the WIP next update, so no upload until it's done, sorry!

i have little input on most of this stuff, but:
index.php
Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goon
lol

Love the SA-X sprite. Would be kind of cool to see a second expert form where it turns into the bit huge scary monster thingy it turns into in fusion(Best metroid :p) Just a little idea i had

Love the SA-X sprite. Would be kind of cool to see a second expert form where it turns into the bit huge scary monster thingy it turns into in fusion(Best metroid :p) Just a little idea i had
It already DOES that normally... Go ahead and fight it! although, there is a despawning issue for the Core-X form, so don't let it out of your sight then, i'll have it fixed next update.
EDIT: Fixed in newest version!
Just wonder how did file size become so huge...:)
I had a friend send me music files for the bosses, they have their own theme now! They are quite large though, he just wanted them to be the best quality they could.

Last edited:
JoostMod now updated to version 0.5!
Version 0.5
- Added @Gameraiders101 Mask
- Added ICU, rare enemy that spawns at night
- Added Star Staff
- Added Crystal Staff
- Added Laser Staff
- Added Sparkle Staff
- Added Shadowlight Bow
- Added Yin Yang Charm
- Added Richoshot
- Added Boomerang Bullet
- Added Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver, Tungsten, Gold, and Platinum Flails
- Added Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver, Tungsten, Gold, Platinum, Demonite, and Crimtane Hatchets
- Added Cobalt, Palladium, Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite, and Titanium Chained-Chainsaws
- Added Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver, Tungsten, Gold, Platinum, Corrupt, Crimson, Stinging, Cobalt, Palladium, Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite, Titanium, Hallowed, Tao, and Plantera Weapon Sets
- Tweaked SA-X's health and fixed a despawning issue with it
- Fixed bug where Earth elementals only spawn above ground
- Changed Hellfire glove to be slower, same DPS
- Sandstorm armor no longer gives a minion boost

JoostMod now updated to version 0.5!
Version 0.5
- Added @Gameraiders101 Mask
- Added ICU, rare enemy that spawns at night
- Added Star Staff
- Added Crystal Staff
- Added Laser Staff
- Added Sparkle Staff
- Added Shadowlight Bow
- Added Yin Yang Charm
- Added Richoshot
- Added Boomerang Bullet
- Added Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver, Tungsten, Gold, and Platinum Flails
- Added Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver, Tungsten, Gold, Platinum, Demonite, and Crimtane Hatchets
- Added Cobalt, Palladium, Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite, and Titanium Chained-Chainsaws
- Added Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver, Tungsten, Gold, Platinum, Corrupt, Crimson, Stinging, Cobalt, Palladium, Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite, Titanium, Hallowed, Tao, and Plantera Weapon Sets
- Tweaked SA-X's health and fixed a despawning issue with it
- Fixed bug where Earth elementals only spawn above ground
- Changed Hellfire glove to be slower, same DPS
- Sandstorm armor no longer gives a minion boost
iz dis on ze modlarder? :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom