tModLoader The JoostMod

What are you talking about? Legendaries still drop from any non-statue spawned enemy. Are you talking about recipe browser's bestiary? because that's buggy.
Gotcha: The bestiary had been working fine previously, which is what threw me off. I'll make sure to do a manual test next time.

Y'know, I didn't get that sweet fate reference with Gilgamesh and Enkidu until recently. That made this mod my favorite mod ever made.

What's sweet fate? They're from Final Fantasy...

They're referring to the Fate anime.

Is it possible to add a configuration file to the mod so we can disable certain features? I dig the items and enemies, but I absolutely hate the item affixes you added. The ones for weapons are either so ridiculously strong that they feel like cheating (+50% speed on tools) or some degree of bad, with one costing an absurd amount of money to reroll for some reason. The ones for accessories are just clutter, since the difference between 5% damage from class-based affixes and 4% damage from menacing is trivial. The two main effects of your affixes are ruining starts (see Impractically Large tool, delete character instantly) and wasting my platinum on rerolls.

Again, I like almost everything else, but those affixes really kill the mod for me. I finally disabled it after starting a world and seeing yet another axe with -100% speed.

Is it possible to add a configuration file to the mod so we can disable certain features? I dig the items and enemies, but I absolutely hate the item affixes you added. The ones for weapons are either so ridiculously strong that they feel like cheating (+50% speed on tools) or some degree of bad, with one costing an absurd amount of money to reroll for some reason. The ones for accessories are just clutter, since the difference between 5% damage from class-based affixes and 4% damage from menacing is trivial. The two main effects of your affixes are ruining starts (see Impractically Large tool, delete character instantly) and wasting my platinum on rerolls.

Again, I like almost everything else, but those affixes really kill the mod for me. I finally disabled it after starting a world and seeing yet another axe with -100% speed.
I'll try to make a config but i'm not entirely sure on it.
Whether or not i'm successful with a config, I'll tweak prefixes so that miniature is less absurd and impractically oversized cannot roll on tools. I'll also increase the class-based accessory prefixes to be 6% so they're actually worth it.

I'll try the config thing in the update after @SlomakV
For now i've tweaked the prefixes.
Version 0.7.2
- The Legendaries have been changed. Instead of being dropped directly, they are crafted with the Stones of Death, Evil, Fire, and Overgrowth at the Shrine of Legends; or the Stones of the Seas to make Uncle Carius's Fishing Pole.
- Added Shrine of Legends: found underground below spawn
- Added Stone of Death: found in the dungeon
- Added Stone of Evil: 1/30000 (1/25000 on expert mode) chance to drop from enemies not spawned from statues
- Added Stone of Fire: found in the Underworld
- Added Stone of Overgrowth: found in the Underground Jungle above cavern level
- Added Stone of the East Sea: fished in the right ocean
- Added Stone of the Deep Dea: fished in caverns
- Added Stone of the High Sea: fished in the sky
- Added Stone of the West Sea: fished in the left ocean
The Stones of the Seas cannot be fished while if you already have them or Uncle Carius's Fishing Pole
- Tweaked Unicorn lance damage calulation
- Vanilla Tweak: Leather can be made with Vertebrae
- Increased bullet consumption of Boook's Bullet Hell
- Increased contact damage of SA-X, Gilgamesh, and Enkidu
- Reduced amount of hooks for all fishing shotguns
- Reduced damage of Enkidu's tornadoes that fall from the sky
- Reduced health of Gilgamesh and Enkidu
- Reduced weapon damage of Gilgamesh's Second form
- Fixed NPCs not shooting projectiles in multiplayer
- Fixed Gilgamesh's first form falling through the ground and despawning
- Boook's, David's, Gnundersons's, Grognak's, and Larkus's prefixes increase their respective damage by 6% up from 5%
- Corrupt/Crimson Pommels require Demonite/Crimtane bars to swap rather than Ebonstone/Crimstone
- Fire Elementals shoot Burning Spheres
- ICU aims slightly better on expert mode
- ICU takes guaranteed crits from melee weapons (not projectiles)
- Impractically Oversized prefix now increases damage by 15%
- Impractically Oversized prefix reduces speed by 33% rather than 50%
- Impractically oversized can no longer roll on tools
- Miniature prefix can no longer roll on items with 4 or less usetime
- Miniature prefix increases speed by 50% rather than by 100%
- Spore mother's spores and Grand Cactus Worm's thorns no longer have 2 health in expert mode
- Tome of Maniuplation's right click scale's with the npc's max life
- Veridian Genji Armor set bonus shadow dodge only lasts 2 seconds so you have to time it​

Last edited:
The Shrine of legends can be easily obtained and moved by breaking the blocks under it
also, the 100 needles weapon is so fun. it's so satisfying to just freeze an enemy in place while doing a lot of damage, i can't wait to get its hardmode variant

The new affixes are much better than the old ones. Impractically Oversized actually seems worth using on some weapons now, which is nice. Decisive still costs a ridiculous amount to reroll, though, which is especially annoying since I never actually want it. An affix that is significantly worse than Legendary should also cost less to reroll than Legendary, not much more.

My dislike of Decisive's cost aside, I think this is overall the best content mod for Terraria. Your mod may not be as large as some of the others, but the quality of what you've made is consistently fantastic. My first time running through the stages of the Cactus Wurm boss fight was probably my favorite Terraria experience ever. Thanks for the amazing mod!

Edit: I just noticed that Impractically Oversized has a similarly excessive reforge cost, which I don't recall it having prior to this update (maybe I just never noticed). That should also be heavily reduced. The extreme cost makes it seems like your affixes exist mostly to punish us for reforging, which is not good.

Last edited:
The new affixes are much better than the old ones. Impractically Oversized actually seems worth using on some weapons now, which is nice. Decisive still costs a ridiculous amount to reroll, though, which is especially annoying since I never actually want it. An affix that is significantly worse than Legendary should also cost less to reroll than Legendary, not much more.

My dislike of Decisive's cost aside, I think this is overall the best content mod for Terraria. Your mod may not be as large as some of the others, but the quality of what you've made is consistently fantastic. My first time running through the stages of the Cactus Wurm boss fight was probably my favorite Terraria experience ever. Thanks for the amazing mod!

Edit: I just noticed that Impractically Oversized has a similarly excessive reforge cost, which I don't recall it having prior to this update (maybe I just never noticed). That should also be heavily reduced. The extreme cost makes it seems like your affixes exist mostly to punish us for reforging, which is not good.
I'm honestly not sure what's going on with the values, i could've sworn i set them to be only about a 25% increase. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Oh, i forgot to stop the size multiplier from affecting values. I'm not entirely sure what was going on with decisive but i managed to fix it somehow. Patch will be out soonish

Last edited:
Forgot to post this yesterday:
Version 0.7.2.1
- Azure Genji armor has a new set bonus. Now you press the Armor Ability Hotkey to cast Bitter End for a very large mana cost
- Ice Beam consumes mana as it charges
- Fixed reforge values of Impractically Oversized and Decisive being higher than intended​

index.php
Uncle Carius's Fishing Pole, Legendary Fishing Pole. 8 base ranged damage. Obtained insanely rarely from fishing if you haven't already obtained it.
is this no longer correct?

Is is just me or is the newest ModBrowser update throwing an error. Something related to the following..

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/ClashOnTheBigBridge failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadMP3(String path, Byte[] bytes)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResourceFromStream(String path, Int32 len, BinaryReader reader)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TmodFile.Read(LoadedState desiredState, ReadStreamingAsset streamingHandler)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I think The Skeleton Demolitionist is a fair bit overtuned, especially considering the tiny spaces you're usually forced to fight him in and how unavoidable most of his attacks are. His attacks seem to do 100-200 damage and are incredibly fast, while he's also incredibly fast and can be on you and blasting you for hundreds of damage in an instant. Again, all this while you're frequently forced to fight him in the tiniest of tiny spaces is simply too much.

Added on to that, I'm not a fan of the DPS check at the end where you have to kill him before he fires his weapon or you're most likely dead. I've practiced dodging it before, but again, tiny enclosed spaces make that very difficult, as does the ridiculous size of the instakill projectile. Dying to that doesn't feel fair or fun.

I had a deathless run going until I got to him. The only other time I even came remotely close to being in danger was against the Roc, another miniboss from your mod with a jacked up power level, who got stuck under a flying island and kept shooting me with a rapid barrage of projectiles that go through blocks, hit hard, and are difficult to avoid due their quantity and spread. I barely survived those cheesy attacks from the Roc, but the Demolitionist killed me twice.

I've fought these minibosses many times now. The fights range from not-too-bad to practically impossible to survive depending mainly on the luck of where they spawn and how their AI behaves (getting stuck behind blocks, trapped in rooms where you die if you try to enter, etc.). The Demolitionist is obviously the worst for that, since the dungeon has so many places for him to spawn where trying to get close to him is suicide (the attached screenshot with the instadeath room is from my fight today). If you can't find some way to control the spawns so that these issues don't happen, or at least aren't so common, I think the power level of the bosses should be brought down. The Demolitionist's damage needs a nerf regardless, though.

Attachments

• Capture 2018-06-28 04_59_47.png
    Capture 2018-06-28 04_59_47.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 255
Back
Top Bottom