tModLoader The JoostMod

I'll work on getting it a more pixely sprite, just be patient with that. Last I checked, all of the loot have equal drop chances, I'll work on balancing, I'm just not sure exactly how powerful the weapons should be. The boss is immune to knockback, the AI I used for him (the tortoise AI) is weird and causes him to go in whatever direction the damage came from, causing the spinning.(Also, what are Angry Fangs?) I still need to work on it's behavior (like, I want it to teleport if you get to far away), but I'm not sure exactly how. I have no idea how to make it show up on the map.
Yeah, I'm going to be working on n
Update 0.3!
- Added Jumbow
- Added Solar, Stardust, Nebula, and Vortex Grenades
- Added Lunar Shurikens
- Added Lunar Cactus Armor
- Added Balancerang
- Added Hallowed Sickle
- Added Tao Armor
- Added Cactuar Shield
- Added Cactuar Costume
- Added Jumbo Cactuar Mask
- Changed Clump of spiky balls functionality, now fires a Spiky ball clump which explodes into 4 spiky balls.
- Thrown needles are now bouncy and affected by gravity
- Giant Needle now affected by gravity
- Jumbo Cactuar's Needles now go through blocks
- Jumbo Cactuar now despawns when player is dead
- Jumbo Cactuar now appears on the map
- Reduced how many needles Q/Cactuars throw

Added thanks to the page.
Dude, I tried download it but I can't

Whats the story with Stormy, is it a deceased dog you owned that you wanted to memorialize in your mod. If so, RIP Stormy. All dogs go to heaven.

Version 0.8.0.3
- Added Enchanted Grabby Swingy Hook
- Added support for new Boss Checklist update
- Fixed Soil Weapons listing their damage as every 500 blocks of dirt. It's actually every 666 blocks.
- Fixed Shield Sapling making checks when not equipped. This caused performance issues during high amounts of projectiles - Fixed the Doom Cannon firing when the player is killed while charging
- Imp Lord's big Fire Blast now ignores Burning Spheres and has a slightly larger hitbox
- Gilgamesh's Treasure Bag now has a tiny chance to drop one of the Legendary Stones It's a 1% chance individually, but only 1 of them. So it'd be 1% for a specific stone, or ~7.7% chance just to get a stone. JoostMod.zip

Joost, your mod is amazing, and seeing more will be great, but just one request, add more ammo like splitting bullets and arrows or shotgun bullets and arrows, that basically turn any gun or bow into a shotgun or shotbow.
Just remember... your awesome.

Finally, more uses for the elemental essences.
Version 0.8.1
- Added Earthen Billhook
- Added Dragon Tooth
- Added Havel's Greatshield
- Added Havel's Armor
- Added Slabs of Stone
- Added Dragon Blasters
- Added Volcanic Longbow
- Added Blazing Anklets
- Added Smoldering Armor
- Added Fiery Soles
- Added Chimes of the Wind
- Added Hurricane Windwheel
- Added Gust Amulet
- Added Tornado Armor
- Added Whirlwind Sphere
- Added Scroll of Water
- Added Water Tendril
- Added Personal Bubble
- Added Zora Armor
- Added Water Board
- Added Sandstorm Glove
- Added Sandstorm Javelin
- Added Sandstorm Kunai
- Added Sandstorm Medallion
- Added Sandy Saddle
- Tweaked Earthen Hammer shockwave
- Tweaked Flowering Cactoid's initial spawning of cactoids
- Tweaked Napalm Launcher, Staff of the Sea, and Tornado rod sprites
- Tweaked some item values
- Tweaked Shadowlight Bow projectile
- Tweaked Sparkle Staff Behavior
- Tweaked Treasure Goblin escape
- Tweaked Whirlwind so you can change the direction of knockback with the mouse
- Increased attack speed of True Gungnir and True Dark Lance
- Increased damage of Soul Greatsword from 270 to 320
- Increased damage of Stone Fist from 300 to 333
- Increased damage of Napalm Launcher from 25 to 30
- Increased mana cost of Plague of Toads from 12 to 20
- Increased mana cost of Staff of the Sea from 8 to 12
- Reduced Sparkle Staff mana cost from 30 to 24
- Reduced Sparkle Staff attack speed
- Reduced Staff of the Sea attack speed
- Reduced Napalm Launcher's chance to not consume ammo from 50% to 25%
- Reduced Napalm Launcher's attack speed
- Reduced damage of Plague of Toads from 45 to 44
- Reduced damage of Yin Yang charm from 35 to 33
- Reduced bait power of Succulent Cactus from 30 to 20
- Reduced base damage of Sandstorm Armor's sand from 22 to 20
- Reduced Mana Cost of Soul Greatsword from 40 to 25
- Reduced money dropped by Jumbo Cactuar, SA-X, and Gilgamesh
- Reduced Defense granted by Whirlwind from 25 to 20
- Reduced Whirlwind attack speed from 8.5 times a second to 7.5 times a second
- Fixed issue where the Rogue Tomato would sometimes fall through the world after killing the player
- Harmony Pendant and Havoc Pendant now have equipped sprites
- Hungering arrow is now destroyed when it fails the additional pierce check instead of reducing its penetrate by 1
- Plague of Toads no longer pierces
- Rocks now only lose 30 damage with each bounce instead of 50
- Staff of Nature and Wand of the Forest leaves collide with tiles based on the orbit point rather than the leaves themselves
- Stone Fist and the Elemental Boomerangs now requires Cobalt, Mythril, and Adamantite like the other Elemental Weapons
- The Nails now use their original sound effects for the nail arts
- Vanilla Change: Bottomless Water Bucket is now craftable with a Bucket of Water and 25 Water Essence at the Elemental Forge

Hey Joost, I just wanted to inform you that your mod conflicts with the Expeditions mod, apparently the Clerk won't spawn even with the cheat sheet, someone else already dropped a comment on the thread for Expeditions about this and the author hasn't responded yet, and I noticed no one said anything about this error to you, so I thought I should just drop in to inform you. I hope you, or the author behind expeditions can fix this.

Hey Joost, I just wanted to inform you that your mod conflicts with the Expeditions mod, apparently the Clerk won't spawn even with the cheat sheet, someone else already dropped a comment on the thread for Expeditions about this and the author hasn't responded yet, and I noticed no one said anything about this error to you, so I thought I should just drop in to inform you. I hope you, or the author behind expeditions can fix this.
Well, I don't know what expeditions could possibly be doing that would make it conflict with my mod like that, so I can't really do anything about it myself.

Love this mod, happy to see that you're still active and working away at it.
One of my favourite items of yours is the cactus worm hook; I have no idea how the heck you coded that. Will you/have you ever released any source code?
Either way, I'm looking forward to my next modded world (which will definitely include Joost).
cheers

Even though Gilgamesh is clearly from Final Fantasy, I have a hunch you did some Fate Night Order/Unlimited Blade Works number with the portal that summons swords, consider the character who uses that is also named Gilgamesh

Clever cross over, very clever, lol

i'm having issues with Uncle Carius's fishing pole, I've just crafted it but I only have two lures and don't seem to be gaining any lures from defeating the base game bosses. The server I'm playing on is also modded so I'm wondering if another mod is interfering with this, any help would be appreciated.

Here is a list of mods on the server:

Terraria Overhaul
~Calamity
+ Music
+ Extra Music
+ No Music
+ Legends
~DPSExtreme
~Improved Pillar Event
~Magic Storage
~Wing Slot
~OmniSwing
~Better Taxes
~Fargo's Mutant Mod
~Fargo's Soul Mod
~AlchemistNPC
~Recipe Browser
~JoostMod
~Boss Checklist
~Chad's Funiture Mod(edited)
~Shadows of Abaddon (SacredTools)
~Unusacies' Battle Rods
~Tacklebox: Modest Fishing Content
~Bait & Tackle

Apologies for the long post

i'm having issues with Uncle Carius's fishing pole, I've just crafted it but I only have two lures and don't seem to be gaining any lures from defeating the base game bosses. The server I'm playing on is also modded so I'm wondering if another mod is interfering with this, any help would be appreciated.

Here is a list of mods on the server:

Terraria Overhaul
~Calamity
+ Music
+ Extra Music
+ No Music
+ Legends
~DPSExtreme
~Improved Pillar Event
~Magic Storage
~Wing Slot
~OmniSwing
~Better Taxes
~Fargo's Mutant Mod
~Fargo's Soul Mod
~AlchemistNPC
~Recipe Browser
~JoostMod
~Boss Checklist
~Chad's Funiture Mod(edited)
~Shadows of Abaddon (SacredTools)
~Unusacies' Battle Rods
~Tacklebox: Modest Fishing Content
~Bait & Tackle

Apologies for the long post
Joost supports battle rods, so that's not the problem, but I know Tacklebox hasn't been updated in ages
Also... Modified Chad's Furniture?

Back
Top Bottom