tModLoader The JoostMod

The legendary weapon known as staff of David does not seem to work for my mage playthrough. Does the player have to be named david or is it a bug?

Version 0.8.1.2
- Added Empty Heart, an accessory that reduces your life to 1 for those of you mad enough to do a no-hit playthrough. It also increases all damage by 20% to make up for using an accessory slot. It's made with 2 deathweeds and a heart lantern at a demon altar.
- Fixed Havel's Greatshield, Sapling - Shield, and Shield of Flesh not knocking back enemies in multiplayer
- Reduced Havel's Greatshield movement speed penalty from 10% to 5%
- Reduced Shield of Flesh's leeches base firerate from every 3.3 seconds to every 5 seconds

So I downloaded JoostMod today and after I freed the hunt master, I went AFK for about 2 hours. When I came back the hunt master was gone and wont return. I also keep getting a server message saying the guide has returned, but the guide never comes back.

Version 0.8.1.3
- Added Lord's Flame, a second reward from the Imp Lord's Quest
- Fixed Gust Amulet granting immunity to fire blocks
- Fixed Roc Wings behavior with Enchanted Grabby Swingy Hook
- Increased amount of icicles made by Frozen Orb
- Increased damage growth of Scroll of Water
- Increased damage of Tail Whip from 31 to 38
- Tweaked Water Tendril movement
- Personal Bubble visual and pushback can be disabled by hiding visuals
- Personal Bubble no longer pushes friendly NPCs
- Scroll of Water now slowly grows while exposed in the rain
- Scroll of Water no longer pops while channeled
- Zora Armor now uses the faster spin while exposed in the rain

So I downloaded JoostMod today and after I freed the hunt master, I went AFK for about 2 hours. When I came back the hunt master was gone and wont return. I also keep getting a server message saying the guide has returned, but the guide never comes back.
Are you using the Expeditions mod?

Hi! I am currently in a middle of making a mod pack for my friend and me to play. I wanted to spice it up a bit and stumbled across your "Joostmod Addon - Vanilla AI Overhaul". I tried to search for a dedicated thread about it but either there is none or i am legally blind(and i am terribly sorry if it is the latter).
I have a question about it. While this mod turns the whole thing in to the most .!. ripping experience i ever had in this game(and i am acctualy liking it and would really want to keep it in) i still would like to, somehow, disable some of the ai paterns in it.
The first one is probably a town npc ai. It makes them run around like crazy and do silly things. While i do find things they do funny, they turn the whole thing in to madhouse. I have to run around and stay on them at all times to interract(the run away from me and autoclose their menu). My nurse also runs out of the building at night and get instagibbed by random monsters every night. The mod pack has like 15+ town npcs in it and it will turn in to an absolute nightmare very fast.
The second thing are birbs. They grab you and yeet you in to the air. It was fun for a while, till i stumbled upon birbs that have too much hp to deal with before ill be to high to survive. Also, the sheer amount of just normal little forest birbs that i get is silly. It turned from being fun into being kind of frustrating and daunting. I can not even finish my house coz they are keep coming and dragging me away from it(i tried to switch a biom but there were other birbs there that did the same thing).
Currently i block little forest birbs from spawning at all with another mod and i also give a 'fart in a jar' as a part of a"starter kit"(but it is not consistent).. It would be cool to have an option to disable this behaviour with some kind if config option.

So, basicaly, can i disable parts of this mod, and if yes - how exactly?
I never played with mods before and know little about how this all works so please forgive me if i miss something obvious here. I realy like this addon and want to keep it(and i probably will, even if there is nothing could be done about it, we would have to just man-mode it).
Thank you.

Hi! I am currently in a middle of making a mod pack for my friend and me to play. I wanted to spice it up a bit and stumbled across your "Joostmod Addon - Vanilla AI Overhaul". I tried to search for a dedicated thread about it but either there is none or i am legally blind(and i am terribly sorry if it is the latter).
I have a question about it. While this mod turns the whole thing in to the most .!. ripping experience i ever had in this game(and i am acctualy liking it and would really want to keep it in) i still would like to, somehow, disable some of the ai paterns in it.
The first one is probably a town npc ai. It makes them run around like crazy and do silly things. While i do find things they do funny, they turn the whole thing in to madhouse. I have to run around and stay on them at all times to interract(the run away from me and autoclose their menu). My nurse also runs out of the building at night and get instagibbed by random monsters every night. The mod pack has like 15+ town npcs in it and it will turn in to an absolute nightmare very fast.
The second thing are birbs. They grab you and yeet you in to the air. It was fun for a while, till i stumbled upon birbs that have too much hp to deal with before ill be to high to survive. Also, the sheer amount of just normal little forest birbs that i get is silly. It turned from being fun into being kind of frustrating and daunting. I can not even finish my house coz they are keep coming and dragging me away from it(i tried to switch a biom but there were other birbs there that did the same thing).
Currently i block little forest birbs from spawning at all with another mod and i also give a 'fart in a jar' as a part of a"starter kit"(but it is not consistent).. It would be cool to have an option to disable this behaviour with some kind if config option.

So, basicaly, can i disable parts of this mod, and if yes - how exactly?
I never played with mods before and know little about how this all works so please forgive me if i miss something obvious here. I realy like this addon and want to keep it(and i probably will, even if there is nothing could be done about it, we would have to just man-mode it).
Thank you.
I've never worked with config files before and I wasn't planning on updating my April Fools mod. It's fully intended to be a hilarious nightmarish experience, especially with the ones you want to disable. I would not recommend subjecting your friend to it if they don't know what they're getting into with it.
If you insist, I could probably update it with a toggleable config. The April Fools mod is relatively simple as it's 90% reused code. It just wouldn't be the same experience without the birds.

EDIT: Config stuff is really simple and I could easily have it implemented by tomorrow or the day after. I should probably also update the mod's name from Vanilla AI Overhaul to April Fools AI

Last edited:
I've never worked with config files before and I wasn't planning on updating my April Fools mod. It's fully intended to be a hilarious nightmarish experience, especially with the ones you want to disable. I would not recommend subjecting your friend to it if they don't know what they're getting into with it.
The hilarity and experience it provides is the sole reason why i want it in. Also, i would really hate to be a bother so i would rather comply with how it is. It does make you think about the stuff you wouldnt even consider looking out for in your normal playthrough but it's not really the "end of the world". We`ll just have to find a ways to counter it somehow. I have couple ideas against flying ai already(not sure about town npcs tho, the solution would have to be perfect and look pretty.. otherwise my friend`s ocd will kick in and we will never get anything done XD). Also, more powerful birds are kind of gating me out of certain areas(coz i dont have enough firepower to beat them yet), so it makes me go and explore other places first(places i would probably just skip otherwise) and prepare better. It kind of makes me use/play and expirience more stuff that i added and its great.

I have another question then. I dont think ive seen it ALL so i am not sure about one very important thing. As far as i understand this supposed to be some sort of a joke mod so,.. - is it theoretically possible to beat the game with it? What i mean is - is there any features that supposed to,intentionally, make it impossible to progress beyond certain point or something like that? While i do have other mods(the main ones are thorium and ancient awakening) and i do fully expect some hilarious interactions here and there with it, it would be a bummer if something that supposed to 100% reck us exists and we`ll find it after like 15 hours in.

Last edited:
The hilarity and experience it provides is the sole reason why i want it in. Also, i would really hate to be a bother so i would rather comply with how it is. It does make you think about the stuff you wouldnt even consider looking out for in your normal playthrough but it's not really the "end of the world". We`ll just have to find a ways to counter it somehow. I have couple ideas against flying ai already(not sure about town npcs tho, the solution would have to be perfect and look pretty.. otherwise my friend`s ocd will kick in and we will never get anything done XD). Also, more powerful birds are kind of gating me out of certain areas(coz i dont have enough firepower to beat them yet), so it makes me go and explore other places first(places i would probably just skip otherwise) and prepare better. It kind of makes me use/play and expirience more stuff that i added and its great.

I have another question then. I dont think ive seen it ALL so i am not sure about one very important thing. As far as i understand this supposed to be some sort of a joke mod so,.. - is it theoretically possible to beat the game with it? What i mean is - is there any features that supposed to,intentionally, make it impossible to progress beyond certain point or something like that? While i do have other mods(the main ones are thorium and ancient awakening) and i do fully expect some hilarious interactions here and there with it, it would be a bummer if something that supposed to 100% reck us exists and we`ll find it after like 15 hours in.
I kinda already made the config in the time between posting my message and reading yours today. I just haven't updated since the passive AI override needs work.
Unless for some bizarre reason Thorium and Ancients Awakened uses one of the overridden vanilla AIs for their bosses, you should be fine in terms of progression.

I kinda already made the config in the time between posting my message and reading yours today. I just haven't updated since the passive AI override needs work.
Unless for some bizarre reason Thorium and Ancients Awakened uses one of the overridden vanilla AIs for their bosses, you should be fine in terms of progression.
Totally going to keep it in then.
Thank you for your time, and the mod.

Totally going to keep it in then.
Thank you for your time, and the mod.
Alright, here's the update for the April Fools AI
Version 1.1:
- Added mod config to enable/disable each AI replacement
- When angered, overhauled critters now become a chaotic neutral party that attack both enemies and town npcs alike
- Overhauled Jellyfish now produce light and are affected by gravity when bouncing out of water
- Overhauled Granite elementals are no longer affected by gravity when bouncing
- Overhauled Jellyfish and Granite elementals now gain 9999 defense while bouncing

Attachments

• JuicyAI.zip
    118.9 KB · Views: 132
Alright, here's the update for the April Fools AI
Version 1.1:
- Added mod config to enable/disable each AI replacement
- When angered, overhauled critters now become a chaotic neutral party that attack both enemies and town npcs alike
- Overhauled Jellyfish now produce light and are affected by gravity when bouncing out of water
- Overhauled Granite elementals are no longer affected by gravity when bouncing
- Overhauled Jellyfish and Granite elementals now gain 9999 defense while bouncing
I tried it. After some testing the only thing i found is that, apperently, some of the thorium/ancient awakening bosses actually use Bat AI for some of their bosses(like Coznix, or The Lich). If i replace bat ai with Roc Ai via config it breaks them and makes them unkillable. Coznix for expample has 2 phases, second one starts at 40% hp, but instead of switching in to it he grabs and pulls you up in the air and bricks(he stays at 1 hp and you can not kill him even with cheat sheet). Luckly, its easy to fix by disabling vanilla bat ai replacement via config menu that you were so kind to provide. I dont even need to restart or reenter the world - it disables ai replacement on a fly and affects immediately. So, all we have to do is disable bat replacement before the fights, and thats it.
Again, thank you for your time, and this update.

I tried it. After some testing the only thing i found is that, apperently, some of the thorium/ancient awakening bosses actually use Bat AI for some of their bosses(like Coznix, or The Lich). If i replace bat ai with Roc Ai via config it breaks them and makes them unkillable. Coznix for expample has 2 phases, second one starts at 40% hp, but instead of switching in to it he grabs and pulls you up in the air and bricks(he stays at 1 hp and you can not kill him even with cheat sheet). Luckly, its easy to fix by disabling vanilla bat ai replacement via config menu that you were so kind to provide. I dont even need to restart or reenter the world - it disables ai replacement on a fly and affects immediately. So, all we have to do is disable bat replacement before the fights, and thats it.
Again, thank you for your time, and this update.
Cool, I didn't even know you could change configs without exiting the world.

I am having an error/bug/glitch
it won't let me make dirt platforms, I have uninstalled all of my mods and it still won't let me make dirt platforms.
Please assist.

Back
Top Bottom