Biomes & Nature The Jungle Grows Restless...

GreyScale7287

Steampunker
"The jungle grows restless.."
We all know this term, but all it really shows is that Plantera is ready to be fought. So I propose this,
The jungle begins to become more dangerous. Most plants will grow visible thorns and have a 1/500 chance of dealing 1 damage on contact. Thorny bushes will also begin to grow more frequently and become denser the closer to a bulb they are.
All of these changes revert once Plantera has been defeated, of course.
EDIT
Bry-ccentric suggested that the various specific flowers and plants would grow much more frequently, as well as having the jungle try to retake the corruption/crimson and the hallow.
Gustone also suggested that maneaters and snatchers become much more common
I agree with both, so they're up here now

Last edited:
We all know this term, but all it really shows is that Plantera is ready to be fought. So I propose this,
The jungle begins to become more dangerous. Most plants will grow visible thorns and have a 1/500 chance of dealing 1 damage on contact. Thorny bushes will also begin to grow more frequently and become denser the closer to a bulb they are.
Maybe this concept could fit in Expert Mode, but the Jungle is already pretty meaty as-is. Making decoration randomly deal one damage and making a thing that also probably only deals one damage by that point even more mildly inconvenient isn't really adding much, though; the reversion after defeating Plantera is currently kinda pointless 'cuz of that.

Maybe this concept could fit in Expert Mode, but the Jungle is already pretty meaty as-is. Making decoration randomly deal one damage and making a thing that also probably only deals one damage by that point even more mildly inconvenient isn't really adding much, though; the reversion after defeating Plantera is currently kinda pointless 'cuz of that.
It's more of an aesthetic change currently, yes, what do you suggest i change, then?

It's more of an aesthetic change currently, yes, what do you suggest i change, then?
Well, I've got two ideas. The second one's a freebie.
  1. All vegetation grows much faster, and the Jungle Rose, Nature's Gift, Sky Blue Flower, Spores, Moonglow and Life Fruit will grow a lot more commonly.
  2. Jungle Grass becomes able to retake ground lost to the Corruption and Crimson at an alarmingly fast rate, converting the Dirt into Mud. The Hallow would also be pushed out, converting Pearlstone back into regular Stone.

Well, I've got two ideas. The second one's a freebie.
  1. All vegetation grows much faster, and the Jungle Rose, Nature's Gift, Sky Blue Flower, Spores, Moonglow and Life Fruit will grow a lot more commonly.
  2. Jungle Grass becomes able to retake ground lost to the Corruption and Crimson at an alarmingly fast rate, converting the Dirt into Mud. The Hallow would also be pushed out, converting Pearlstone back into regular Stone.

3. man eaters/snatchers become more common
I agree with all of these, and I will add them to the main post (with credit)
I'd make the speed of jungle retake slightly faster than the corruption/crimson speed, enough to be noticeable, but not necessarily alarming.

Reactions: Bry
I'd make the speed of jungle retake slightly faster than the corruption/crimson speed, enough to be noticeable, but not necessarily alarming.
The evil biomes can take a lot of ground over time, though, and the proposed retaking of land only lasts until Plantera's offed. The evils' spread is currently slowed when you defeat Plantera, but even then, it still spreads.
Plus, with the destruction of Demon/Crimson Altars, there's already Corruption/Crimson literally everywhere, so...

EDIT
Bry-ccentric suggested that the various specific flowers and plants would grow much more frequently, as well as having the jungle try to retake the corruption/crimson and the hallow.
Gustone also suggested that maneaters and snatchers become much more common
I agree with both, so they're up here now
Tbh I think it would be better if it stayed even after plantera died, it's not like the bulbs stop spawning or even become less common anyway...

Tbh I think it would be better if it stayed even after plantera died, it's not like the bulbs stop spawning or even become less common anyway...
I'm not sure, I kinda see it as Plantera is trying to protect itself from the player(s), but once it has been defeated it sorta.. gives up on that, which is the cause of the reversion.
Edit: forgot to quote, not sure how to do that from edit menu
Edit again: thanks bry-ccentric

Last edited:
I'm not sure, I kinda see it as Plantera is trying to protect itself from the player(s), but once it has been defeated it sorta.. gives up on that, which is the cause of the reversion.
Edit: forgot to quote, not sure how to do that from edit menu
I just press Reply on the post I wanna quote, and copy and paste that into my post.

Back
Top Bottom