The Kirby Thread

TheQuietBisharp

Official Terrarian
I'm quite surprised this hasn't been made already. This is for all things Kirby.

To anybody who may not know who Kirby is: Kirby is a small pink character who's main skill is sucking in enemies to copy their abilities. Kirby has been around since early Nintendo years, touching many generations with its generally casual and relaxing gaming style. I quite like the series for its music, although I wouldn't say its known for that.

Let's start off with a question. What's your favorite game and why? I enjoy Super Star Ultra the most, it has Meta Knight and Galacta Knight plus tons more. On a handheld. It was really fun.

I enjoy Return to Dreamland quite a bit.
The music is soothing, the boss fights are tense, and playing as Meta Knight, King Dedede, AND Bandana Dee with his RoflCopter? Yes please.

I enjoy Return to Dreamland quite a bit.
The music is soothing, the boss fights are tense, and playing as Meta Knight, King Dedede, AND Bandana Dee with his RoflCopter? Yes please.
I knew you'd be here quickly. And I must agree, Return to Dreamland was very enjoyable.

I've mainly play Super star ultra, Squeak squad and Power paintbrush.
Hoping to get the wii u game, the GameSpot reviewer wasn't that good though...which means is must be harder!

I just wish I had a handheld for Super Star Ultra.
I have the Dream Collection, and my favorite game there is Super Star.
And I wanna fight Masked Dedede.

One thing I know I won't be able to get ever is Kirby Air Ride...
But I want it so bad...
I can relate to that.

Triple Deluxe is nothing short of fantastic. Return to Dreamland is about the same. For everyone who loved Superstar/Superstar Ultra, check those two games out if you are able. Especially Triple Deluxe, it has a way with keeping every stage fresh with cute gimmicks and music that just makes even the grumpy smile.

Oh yeah, and Triple Deluxe's True Arena is actually really hard.

Triple Deluxe is nothing short of fantastic. Return to Dreamland is about the same. For everyone who loved Superstar/Superstar Ultra, check those two games out if you are able. Especially Triple Deluxe, it has a way with keeping every stage fresh with cute gimmicks and music that just makes even the grumpy smile.

Oh yeah, and Triple Deluxe's True Arena is actually really hard.
I almost perfected my True Arena time, I'll have to go and check it. I liked Triple Deluxe, especially the Archer ability.

aw man if you wanna know who put me into the strange and wild world of the internet and video games thank kirby

i remember when the game grumps first came out and i had no idea who jontron or egoraptor were and i had no idea about anything on the internet and it was great watching them play kirby

good times

EDIT: DAMN INTERNET LAG MAKING ME TRIPLE POST BY ACCIDENT

Kirby Air ride was AMAZING. It's one of the best party games ever. So acdicting, in city trial there are so many fun events. Also kirby fights on warp stars? so much fun.
Other than that i like kirby's return to dreamland, kirby mass attack, and kirby super star ultra.

Let's start off with a question. What's your favorite game and why? I enjoy Super Star Ultra the most, it has Meta Knight and Galacta Knight plus tons more. On a handheld. It was really fun.
Really hard for me to decide. Between Kirby's Air Ride, Super Star Ultra, and Triple Deluxe, I can't really decide on a favorite game. Kirby's Air Ride is tons of fun, and I still enjoy playing it now.

My favorite (and first) Kirby game was Squeak Squad.
Why?
  • Unlockable Copy Ability room (Like in The Amazing Mirror)
  • Treasure hunting! (Like in The Amazing Mirror)
  • Fusion abilities (Spark Sword, Ice Bomb, etc.)
  • Ghost Kirby! (Only game that has it :D )
  • Sleep ability actually does something (after you get it's ability scroll)
  • Animal Kirby! (Another exclusive ability)
  • Magic Kirby! (A semi-exclusive (It worked differently in Amazing Mirror))
  • UFO Kirby (Who doesn't love UFO Kirby? :3 )
Edit:
  • Stored copy abilities on the touch screen. Seriously underrated feature.
  • Bubble Kirby (So many exclusives man)

Last edited:
My favorite (and first) Kirby game was Squeak Squad.
Why?
  • Unlockable Copy Ability room (Like in The Amazing Mirror)
  • Treasure hunting! (Like in The Amazing Mirror)
  • Fusion abilities (Spark Sword, Ice Bomb, etc.)
  • Ghost Kirby! (Only game that has it :D )
  • Sleep ability actually does something (after you get it's ability scroll)
  • Animal Kirby! (Another exclusive ability)
  • Magic Kirby! (A semi-exclusive (It worked differently in Amazing Mirror))
  • UFO Kirby (Who doesn't love UFO Kirby? :3 )
Edit:
  • Stored copy abilities on the touch screen. Seriously underrated feature.
  • Bubble Kirby (So many exclusives man)
Squeak Squad is my favorite too!

There's a mode after you beat the main game in Triple Deluxe where you play as king dedee and you have to play the entire world in one sitting.

Kirby's Adventure.
It has my favorite art style, favorite powers, no hats, favorite level design, favorite game engine, favorite story, favorite minigames, and favorite sounds.

I loved Kirby games for such a long time. I felt like after Canvas Curse was released on the DS the games kind of fell off for me. CC wasn't that fun- and all the challenges kind of eroded away from there. I loved Epic Yarn. It felt like it twisted all the old elements of the game and made them into something new which- while it was an easy game to play. I enjoyed it all the same.

I used to play the original Kirby on one of those huge Gameboy's that took 4 batteries. Good times..

I think one of my favorites is Crystal Shard because of the ability to mix and match different abilities together and create new ones. That concept was always cool- first time I played it was at a Mc. Donalds. One of the few rare ones that had a huge play place and game systems- which now seems kind of silly to me but it was awesome at the same time.

Kirby Air Ride is probably racing in on one of my top favorites. I still play it with my siblings from time to time- we have the original Gamecube disc and everything. I've pretty much unlocked everything on City Trial (only mode that matters in my opinion) found some fun little easter eggs and enjoyed the hell out of the game. Nothing beats riding around the city and collecting pieces of Dragoon/Hydra and :red:ing up hard computers who worked forever getting decent cars and ability power-ups (Pro-tip on how to get 10+ of everything which are checkpoints on the achieves list.)

Kirby was always good to me when I was younger, even the GBA titles were decent. Beating the first kirby in like 5-10 minutes today is REALLY fun, and playing kirby air-ride for :red:s and giggles on city trial is still a blast. Sometimes me and my siblings hop on free run- and I've unlocked Hydra and dragoon- Meta Knight and King DDD.

Finally as an honorable mentions because of the hours I sunk into it- Kirby Pinball. That game; :red:ing a man. The score system was ridiculous and it took literally hours to get billions of points. Even with proper timing and knowing all the maps it was pretty damn hard at the time. We actually had a used copy and the person on the top of the highscores name was "Fuc head" lmao so me and my sister took turns trying to beat the highscores and eventually rise to the top/getting rid of whoever had that score off the face of the game.

What would you guys say is the most challenging arena/boss endurance in Kirby games? I'd say either squeak squad's or SSU, because of the Dark Squeak Leader and Galacta Knight

Back
Top Bottom