The Kirby Thread

What would you guys say is the most challenging arena/boss endurance in Kirby games? I'd say either squeak squad's or SSU, because of the Dark Squeak Leader and Galacta Knight

Super Star Ultra by far was the most difficult Boss Rush in the Kirby games I've played. Then again what I'm thinking of is the True Arena with Galacta Knight and Marx Soul, while the Normal Arena has the normal level of difficulty constant throughout the Kirby series so this may not be a fair assessment.

I didn't own a NES, SNES, or N64 when I was young so I mainly played the Kirby games through the Gamecube/GBA/DS installments.

Those include Nightmare in Dreamland, The Amazing Mirror, Air Ride, Super Star Ultra, and Squeak Squad. The Amazing Mirror was by far one of my favorites as it brought Metroidvania elements into Kirby with choosing which areas you wanted to explore 1st, and you could do things out of order like you can in most of the Metroid games. I'd love to see either a remake or a sequel based off of Amazing Mirror.

Kirby Air Ride is one of the best racing games out there. Can't remember how many hours I poured into it on my gamecube, but I think I was able to get at least 100/120 achievements in all 3 modes. It has simple yet very great controls for bringing great Kirby elements to the Race Track. It is also fun how you could change the number of laps to race to have a 99 lap marathon if you wanted. To my knowledge very few racing games allow this for some reason, you would think Mario Kart would have a practice mode option to set the number of laps.

Super Star Ultra was great for bringing Super Star which I hear is one of the greatest Kirby games to handhelds. All of the minigames were fun, and it was fun how you could use your copy abilities to make minions based off of them.

I haven't played any of the newer Kirby Games. Mainly because I don't have any of the latest generation consoles (PS4, XB1, Wii U). I heard there was a Kirby game for the 3DS so I might get that at some point though.

The Kirby game for the 3DS is Triple Deluxe. The title is a lame play on "3D", I know, but it is a fairly solid Kirby game. I will say that Supernova powerup doesn't shake up the game as much as it should, despite presenting unique obstacles, though. If you liked Squeak Squad (or Mouse Attack as it reads over in Australia), you will most likely enjoy this.

As for the boss rushes, the two hardest I've played was the True Arenas from KSSU and Triple Deluxe.
KSSU's True Arena wasn't that hard, until you got to the Final Four; as each of them can easily outright destroy you if you don't know their weaknesses and/or are using a bad ability against them. Masked Dedede, for instance, is brutal if you lack a decent mobility ability until you figure out how to evade his ground attacks, but Wing Kirby triviailzes him. Heck, Wing Kirby is great against all the bosses until you get to Galactica Knight, who you will majorly struggle against, and Marx Soul is near impossible to beat unless you play a war of attrition. My reccomended ability for the true arena is Plasma, whose fully charged ranged attack is extremely powerful and you can safely spam it from a distance. Its only bad matchup in the arena is vs Masked Dedede, and even then he can be easily beaten once you figure out his attack pattern.
Triple Deluxe's True Arena is harder than KSSU's True Arena, mostly because the bosses have more HP and actual second phases and you face up against their harder DX versions there like in KSSU. The first few bosses should be fairly easy once you figure out their patterns and develop a good strategy to beat them with, but the final four are again downright brutal. The final boss' Soul version is particularly nasty, though likely to have been rushed, because of how easy it is to lose your ability in her first phase and her second phase plays out exactly like a nerfed Marx Soul. That said, the True Arena this time is only hard if you decide not to cheese it. Several abilities, like Archer and Leaf, have near unbreakable covers and have decent attacks you can pop out against bosses, which makes the entire arena fairly easy.

I have to add to this thread...
kirby_with_shades_render_by_torzk-d5rliq1.png

is this.

Does trolling with Kirby on SSB4 count? Eh, just kidding. I have all Kirby games for DS, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U. I wish I could try Air Ride too, though!

Out of Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and Kirby Triple Deluxe, it's hard to say which is the best. Kirby Super Star Ultra had the completely unexpected Marx Soul (hearing aids, anyone?). Return to Dreamalnd was the most heart-pounding with its sheer amount of bosses to go through (it had the most by far). And Kirby Triple Deluxe was the MOST INTENSE with Dark Meta Knight and the sorrowful yet great battle with Soul of Sectonia.

Another thing, Kirby villains and final bosses can be somewhat f:red:d up. I have many favorites but I'm afraid the Dark Matter race is my least favorite. Don't get me wrong, the Dark Matter were good villains for the series (having the fan-dubbed Dark Matter Saga) but I felt that they are kind of overrated. Sure the Zero-Two/Zero Squared (whateveryouwanttocallit) battle was memorable but looking at them a certain way, they'd be kinda cliche. It's basically this, evil force tries to do something threatening to the entire universe which to them is good but actually creates a bigger problem. (according to the fans, Zero wants to cover the universe in darkness for peace, also, must we really have ideas for Zero-Three?) Magolor just seemed like a revamped Marx with interactions, a giant space-ship and a backstory. He is at least better as the final battle with Magolor Soul was downright heart pounding and tense. But my favorite just has to be Triple Deluxe's main villain, Queen Sectonia. Sure the Dark Matter was the series' "main villain", but Queen Sectonia just sold it for me. The main reason why is because of how unique she was. Yes, we did have a deranged female villain (Drawcia) at one point, but Queen Sectonia was HAL's best work. Like Magolor, Sectonia has a backstory, should you view the pause screen in her DX fight, which states that Sectonia was a dearly loved and kind-hearted ruler, but her excessive gazing through the Dimension Mirror caused her insanity and tyranny. Also, unlike the common theme of darkness and death with most Kirby villains, Sectonia has the theme of beauty and rejuvenation. I just loved the idea of how Sectonia transforms by combining with a the Dreamstalk's bloom. (Bees + Flowers = Life) HAL really showed how a lust for vanity can break your sanity. (pun unintended)

Super Star Ultra is my favorite Kirby game, but Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe are both close seconds. The only reason either of those lose any points with me is that the controls seem a bit less responsive than in earlier games, and while they're still great games that little detail really detracts from the experience for me. Kirby 64 has the same issue, too; for some reason there's just something about 3D Kirby games that makes movement a lot slower and stiffer than in the 2D games. But RtD and TD are still fantastic games. SSU just felt a bit more solid and streamlined, and it had more features like the ability to play as helpers. It also had co-op multiplayer, which was something that was sorely missing from TD.

Also SSU had Marx and his soul, and as cool as Magolor and Sectonia are, there's just something charming about Marx, plus his soul form is by far the creepiest and most intimidating.

I'd have to point to Triple Deluxe's True Arena as the hardest in the series, since with a bit of practice I was able to get to the point where I could reliably breeze through SSU's, but after many, many tries I eventually got frustrated and gave up on TD's True Arena without ever beating it. I never tried RtD's True Arena, on account of just never finding the time for it.

The real ultimate challenge, though, is Dedede's Drum Dash. Holy balls, is that thing unnecessarily hard.

My least favorite games in the series are Epic Yarn and Squeak Squad. Epic Yarn because, well, I'm not entirely sure it can even be classified as a game, considering it's impossible to lose as far as I know. It was kind of fun at times, but the lack of literally any challenge whatsoever really dampened the experience for me. And Squeak Squad just because of how lazy it is. For one thing, I beat the entire game, with 100% of all unlockables, in less than six hours of total play, on the day after I got it. Kirby may not be I Wanna Be The Guy, but that kind of easiness and lack of replay value is inexcusable. On top of that the story was pretty bad even by Kirby standards, and overall it just left a bad taste in my mouth. I ended up giving it to my brother the day after I bought it, and he got bored of it just as quickly.

I am late to the party i see ... I love kirby games ! Who is hyped for the new game ?

Ouu, this looks very interesting. Kirby has a Mecha here it looks like. It's been awhile since I've played Kirby. It will be good to get another game for my mostly unused 3DS.

I've only played Canvas Curse, Mass Attack, and Epic Yarn. They were pretty good. Can anyone recommend any games to me, besides planet robobot?

the main kirby games i liked were:
-Kirby Squeak squad
-Kirby super star ultra
-kirby triple deluxe
all of them were fun to play when i was able to play them :)

I would recommend these games the most, based on what I've played:

Kirby's Adventure in Dreamland (NES, on 3DS and Wii U EShop). It's a perfect introduction into the main series games, simple and easy to learn to play on. While it feels a bit bland, especially if you have played the later main series games first, and has a number of kinks and odd design choices, it is totally worth playing to learn about the debut of Kirby's Copy ability and how the game was designed around it's inclusion.
Kirby Super Star/ Kirby's Fun Pak (SNES, is on Wii U EShop). My personal favourite, it is a series of several smaller games packaged together into one big game. While it has a few flaws, like most of the games being very short and that the majority of the bosses were pretty dull, each game was richly packed with content and the fact that almost every game played very differently from each other. I would recommend going for it's DS graphical update/port, Kirby Super Star Ultra, if you can get your hands on a cart for it because it adds several more challenging and fun game modes (including the infamous True Arena) after you complete all of the ones present in the original game.
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64, is on Wii U EShop). Another great game and was the first game where Kirby appeared in 3D (though the game was 2.5D, as the stages were still sidescrolling like in the previous titles), this was the first game where former enemies; most notably King Dedede (who you actually play as in some segments of a few levels), aids Kirby on his quest and this game completely changed up the Copy System. Instead of having a few elaborate abilities with actual movesets like in previous games, this game changed the copy abilities into a set of a few basic elemental abilities with a basic attack; which you can combine together to produce a multitude of new abilities to fight your foes with. The main flaws with this game were that it ran at a poor FPS, it feels like there is slight input lag on Kirby's actions, the game spoonfeeding you all the information needed to destroy almost every obstacle that hides a crystal and the very few actual secrets the game has (aka finding out how to get a select few of the crystals, all of which are needed to get to the true final boss) were either unnecessarily cryptic or needed you to play the previous game; Kirby's Adventure 3, to find out on your own. These issues didn't affect my enjoyment very much (save the guide-dang-it involved in getting a couple of the crystals), but I can see how it (and the Copy system) would affect the enjoyment of other players.

Last edited:
I would recommend these games the most, based on what I've played:

Kirby's Adventure in Dreamland (NES, on 3DS and Wii U EShop). It's a perfect introduction into the main series games, simple and easy to learn to play on. While it feels a bit bland, especially if you have played the later main series games first, and has a number of kinks and odd design choices, it is totally worth playing to learn about the debut of Kirby's Copy ability and how the game was designed around it's inclusion.
Kirby Super Star/ Kirby's Fun Pak (SNES, is on Wii U EShop). My personal favourite, it is a series of several smaller games packaged together into one big game. While it has a few flaws, like most of the games being very short and that the majority of the bosses were pretty dull, each game was richly packed with content and the fact that almost every game played very differently from each other. I would recommend going for it's DS graphical update/port, Kirby Super Star Ultra, if you can get your hands on a cart for it because it adds several more challenging and fun game modes (including the infamous True Arena) after you complete all of the ones present in the original game.
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64, is on Wii U EShop). Another great game and was the first game where Kirby appeared in 3D (though the game was 2.5D, as the stages were still sidescrolling like in the previous titles), this was the first game where former enemies; most notably King Dedede (who you actually play as in some segments of a few levels), aids Kirby on his quest and this game completely changed up the Copy System. Instead of having a few elaborate abilities with actual movesets like in previous games, this game changed the copy abilities into a set of a few basic elemental abilities with a basic attack; which you can combine together to produce a multitude of new abilities to fight your foes with. The main flaws with this game were that it ran at a poor FPS, it feels like there is slight input lag on Kirby's actions, the game spoonfeeding you all the information needed to destroy almost every obstacle that hides a crystal and the very few actual secrets the game has (aka finding out how to get a select few of the crystals, all of which are needed to get to the true final boss) were either unnecessarily cryptic or needed you to play the previous game; Kirby's Adventure 3, to find out on your own. These issues didn't affect my enjoyment very much (save the guide-dang-it involved in getting a couple of the crystals), but I can see how it (and the Copy system) would affect the enjoyment of other players.
I feel as if all three of the Dark Matter Saga games enjoyment are slightly ruined for me because of the need to collect all of the Rainbow Shards/Heart Stars/Crystal Shards.

Back
Top Bottom