The Kirby Thread

I have played Adventure, Super Star (Ultra), Dream Land 3, 64, Air Ride, Canvas Curse, Squeak Squad, Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, Return to Dream Land, Rainbow Curse, and Planet Robobot. Elline and Susie are the cutest. :dryadsmile:

I've always wanted to try that game... I heard that the inspiration for smash run came from the city trail mode in there, and I love smash run!

Yea City Trial is really fun to play. Especially with friends. There are also two other modes but to be honest City Trial is the best.

I've a lot of Kirby in my life. I've played Kirby's adventure, Dreamland 3, Crystal shards, Super Star Ultra, Squeak squad, Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, RTDL, Dream collection, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot. I also own Air Ride, but never had a chance to play it.

I hope the Kirby game on Nintendo Switch is gonna be good , I have a feeling this one might be a fully 3D one . Which of the following would you prefer to see ? :
  • A Kirby turn-based RPG
  • A Remake of an old Kirby game ( for example , Kirby 64 )
  • A Sequel to an old Kirby game ( for example , Kirby Air Ride 2 )
  • A New Kirby game with the good old formula (2D platformer)
  • A Fully 3d open-world Kirby game (3D platformer )
  • A New kind of Kirby game

Last edited:
I hope the Kirby game on Nintendo Switch is gonna be good , I have a feeling this one might be a fully 3d one . Which of the following would you prefer to see ? :
  • A Kirby turn-based RPG
  • A sequel to an old Kirby game ( for example , Kirby's Air Ride 2 )
  • A New Kirby game with the good old formula (2d platformer)
  • A Fully 3d open-world Kirby game (3d platformer )
I'd like to see what they could do with a 3d platformer, but I would really like to see a 2D game with a mechanic like the ability combination in 64.

I hope the Kirby game on Nintendo Switch is gonna be good , I have a feeling this one might be a fully 3d one . Which of the following would you prefer to see ? :
  • A Kirby turn-based RPG
  • A sequel to an old Kirby game ( for example , Kirby's Air Ride 2 )
  • A New Kirby game with the good old formula (2d platformer)
  • A Fully 3d open-world Kirby game (3d platformer )

Those all sound good for potential Kirby games on the Nintendo Switch. For me what I'd likely love to see the most is a sequel or a game that uses a similar type of open World System to The Amazing Mirror. Either that, or a sequel to Kirby Air Ride. A very unique take on making racing very exciting in games. Was so much fun on the Gamecube. I don't have a preference towards 2D or 3D. I'd be happy with either.

I genuinely feel the Nintendo Switch has very high potential. Seeing games like that which would use the full power of the Switch could help make it even better.

I'm not too sure on Kirby getting a 3D expansion, as it would ruin most of what the Copy Abilities have to offer: combos and powerful attacks, some that shred bosses in mere seconds. I've barely seen 3D combo games and the ones I've played seem overall confusing to play at all.

On topic, the new game should just drop the lighthearted gig of the series and go straight into the core of The Cerebus Syndrome. Also, it should be memorable, all with bosses, music, depressing backstory, etc. However, this seems very hard to do, since Planet Robobot and Star Dream are considered the greatest of the franchise and HAL's greatest pieces of work.

i'm a fan of Kirby!! i've played Crystal Shards, Nightmare in dreamland , amazing mirror , superstar saga (snes and DS ), squeak squad , that one kirby game i can't recall the name but had you controlling multiple copies of kirby XD

How have I not seen this thread before? Man, Kirby was my life!
I first saw Kirby in Super Smash Bros Brawl. He really looked nice to me.
Then, in 2012, I saw a commercial for Kirby's Dream Collection for the Wii, and I was like, "hey, it's that guy from smash bros!"
I got Kirby's Dream Collection for Christmas during 2012, and I was addicted. I'm not even joking. I would play it every chance I got.
Kirby's Dream Collection gave me access to 6 retro games. Those were Kirby's Dream Land (pretty good game for young kids), Kirby's Adventure (the only game on the NES that's good, in my opinion), Kirby's Dream Land 2 (I beat the game, and I didn't see Dark Matter?), Kirby Super Star (I'm glad they rebooted that game), Kirby's Dream Land 3 (#BringGooeyBack), and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (Kirby is as stretchy as crap in that game).
Kirby's Epic Yarn was my next game, and I really enjoyed that. But what I REALLY wanted was to own Kirby's Return to Dreamland, because the dream collection had a tad bit of lore to that game.
And my wish came true! It was just as fun as I imagined.
One time, I rented Kirby Mass Attack from my local library, and it was pretty dull in my opinion. plz no hate
Kirby Super Star Ultra was next, and I loved it just as much as the original Super Star. Heck, it's the only DSi game I enjoy today!
Then came Triple Deluxe! That was cool, and I absolutely loved the concept of Queen Sectonia.
My wish for there to be a Kirby game on the Wii U came true when Kirby and the Rainbow Curse came out! It was so much fun with so many laughs when I played it with my bro. I must admit though: Controlling Kirby was annoying in that game. And I'm not joking when I say this: EVERY SINGLE BOSS IN THAT GAME WAS REALLY HARD!
And then: Kirby Planet Robobot came out, and holy crap! That game was spot-on! I loved the story behind it, and the true arena was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
Here's to the next Kirby game! (hopefully on the Nintendo Switch)

Wow, memory rush!

Kirby's Fun Pak (aka Kirby Super Star in other regions) on the SNES is my favourite. It was one of my first video games, and it was multiplayer! My brother an I would spend hours in front of the TV playing together. (I was always Kirby, and he the helper.) The variety and depth of the game amazed the younger me, and in a way, still does. It was years before we achieved 100% completion. Some of the treasures in Great Cave Offensive were quite well hidden... and the Copy ability in Milky Way Wishes. And years after we achieved 100%, we found a new copy ability: Paint. Something about the older SNES games are like a gift that keeps on giving; I keep finding new things in them.

Super Star Ultra on DS was a good follow-up, but the lack of multiplayer without needing two DSs + game cards ruins the multiplayer experience. I can breeze through anything in it except the True Arena. I've only finished the True Area a few times with abilities that border on cheating, like Stone and Mirror. But I can finish Helper To Hero with the near-useless abilities like Jet/Capsule-J or Wing/Birdon.

Any later Kirby games inevitably ended up being compared to KFP. There was never the variety in copy abilities or game modes to live up to KFP. They weren't bad of course! Just different. It wasn't until Squeak Squad that there was a return to form matching KFP.

Kirby's Air Ride was definitely an interesting racer. I liked the way City Trial forced you to find alternate stars to race on and to collect abilities to improve your racer. There was a large grid of achievements to complete. One of the more difficult challenges was beating King Dedede in under a minute. (He was nigh-impossible to beat in the 90 second time limit normally.) My brother and I achieved this by both of us having the legendary vehicles with two Level 9 CPUs also in ideal vehicles. We were pretty proud of that!

Kirby's Epic Yarn was another odd one out in the Kirby series. Take Kirby and its well-known characters and remove the copy abilities. Sounds like a recipe for Kirby's Epic Fail? But it worked really well. It was accessible enough for the novice players it was aimed at and had challenges to keep the experienced players happy.

Since no one has posted this yet...

I've already YISSSSSSSSed about this like a week ago, but YISSSSSSSS. Water is back, Cleaning is back, basically every ability worth giving a damn about is back, helpers are back, and COMBINING COPY ABILITIES IS BACK, HAVE A THIRD YISSSSSSSS. And no useless "get super powerful and wreck everything" mechanic in sight, either (even though the Robobot Armor was cool).

So what ability combinations are you guys planning to shoot for? I'm planning on trying Hammer + Spark at the first opportunity so I can be Thor for like, 5 minutes. And then Water + Spear so I can be Poseidon for another 5 minutes or so.

Also, here's to hoping that Spark + Ice comes back so we can be a fridge again.

Just started playing this series and it’s probably my new favorite platformer. I started with Kirby’s Adventure. I’m currently playing Super Star.
I hope to get my hands on the following:
Return to Dreamland
Triple Deluxe
Planet Robobot
Star Allies

Are there any others ya’ll would suggest?

Update: I am now working on making this game a reality!

As much as I love the 2d Kirby games, I think its about time we get a 3d one.
This game is an open world 3d platformer. It supports multiplayer, similarly to return to dreamland other players can join in and play as either King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, or a different colored Kirby.

There are 10 worlds, each having a different theme.

This game has a form of fast travel, you use the warp star to fast travel because it makes sense, you can find various points on the map where you can fast travel to known as "Star stops" which look like a bench with a flag that has a star on it right next to it.

Now we shall talk about copy abilities.

Stone Kirby can still punch people with rocks, but this time its more useful. He can also throw rocks, and he can still turn into a rock.

Needle Kirby can now put needles on the floor and that one move where it turns into a spikey wheel is also more useful now acting like a 3d version of the wheel ability.

Cook kirby can now throw bottles of hot sauce, when a bottle hits the ground it will leave a puddle that will damage enemies, holding down the button will instead create a huge pot of soup which would fire out all of its contents leaving a huge puddle of soup that damages enemies. If you are close to an enemy you can wack them with a frying pan.

Im honestly really surprised that fire kirby was only able to shoot fireballs in air ride, maybe ice kirby will also get to shoot elemental balls in this hypothetical game.

Spark kirby charges up its attacks by holding down b instead of moving around a lot.

Tornado is more easy to control, its more like an airbending kirby now. First of all its tornado attack works more like the leaf tornado that leaf kirby can use. It can now shoot a basic wind projectile. It also can do an "attack" similar to hi jump.

Now we shall talk about new copy abilities.

Celestial kirby is a space themed copy ability.

Ce;estial Kirby.png

Star rod replica; kirby pulls out a replica of the star rod and attacks with it.

Black hole: kirby creates a black hole above him that lasts for 5 seconds, it has a cooldown of 10 seconds.

Meteor shower: kirby makes meteors rain down on one area.

Warp star dash: Kirby gets on a replica of the warp star and flys forward.

Orbit ring: kirby makes small planets that orbit around him for a few seconds. (Can only be used in air)

Axe Kirby is an ability which (as you can probably guess by the name) lets kirby use an axe.

Axe_Kirby.png

Chop: A simple attack with an axe.

Axe throw: Kirby throws an axe.

Axe spin: Similar to that one attack that hammer kirby can use where he spins around but he throws an axe once the attack ends.

Guillotine: Similar to the last bit of final cutter where kirby drops down from the sky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom