The Kirby Thread

I don't really know what my favorite would be.
My least favorite would be metal.
Also I'm not counting copy abilities from super smash bros since those are too different from normal abilities and they aren't from Kirby games.

favorite is wheel.
haha speedy fresh poyo go brrr
I REALLY H8 PLASMA, so weak lol
yea i play old kirbo ok?
favorite modern copy is water (avatar intenstifies)

Last edited:
I was always a fan of Parasol. I liked the fact that it was visible when Kirby had the Parasol ability, back when Kirby didn't have hats yet, and I always found it more fun to use than Sword. I also like Beam since it's one of the more useful abilities overall (imo) and wing because it makes Kirby look cute. :)

As for least favorite, I was never a fan of abilities with very situational uses like Hi-Jump or Ball.

I REALLY H8 PLASMA, so weak lol
Plasma is actually one of the better abilities (at least from Super Star onward). It deals a ton of damage when charged up.

I have multiple favorites.
Circus, because it's a blast to mess around with, and I enjoy doing jumpless challenges using Circus, and I have fond memories of beating Paintra (at least I think that's the one I'm looking for) in Triple Deluxe with Circus
Wheel, because I enjoy looking like a moron against Clanky Woods
Rock, because it's busted in Boss Rush
And any Bluster ability because I like wind
Crash is second place to me because I really like one shotting the robobot armor guy in level 2 with it

Least favorite... hate to say it, but probably Leaf, I enjoy using it sometimes but most of the time I just suck at using it

As for least favorite, I was never a fan of abilities with very situational uses like Hi-Jump or Ball.
I was going to say Hi-Jump was my least favorite, but I couldn't beat HR-D3 without it. (HR-D3 is an ex mode exclusive boss fight in kirbys return to dreamland for those who dont know)

As much as I love the 2d Kirby games, I think its about time we get a 3d one.
This game is an open world 3d platformer. It supports multiplayer, similarly to return to dreamland other players can join in and play as either King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, or a different colored Kirby.

There are 10 worlds, each having a different theme.

This game has a form of fast travel, you use the warp star to fast travel because it makes sense, you can find various points on the map where you can fast travel to known as "Star stops" which look like a bench with a flag that has a star on it right next to it.

Now we shall talk about copy abilities.

Stone Kirby can still punch people with rocks, but this time its more useful. He can also throw rocks, and he can still turn into a rock.

Needle Kirby can now put needles on the floor and that one move where it turns into a spikey wheel is also more useful now acting like a 3d version of the wheel ability.

Cook kirby can now throw bottles of hot sauce, when a bottle hits the ground it will leave a puddle that will damage enemies, holding down the button will instead create a huge pot of soup which would fire out all of its contents leaving a huge puddle of soup that damages enemies. If you are close to an enemy you can wack them with a frying pan.

Im honestly really surprised that fire kirby was only able to shoot fireballs in air ride, maybe ice kirby will also get to shoot elemental balls in this hypothetical game.

Spark kirby charges up its attacks by holding down b instead of moving around a lot.

Tornado is more easy to control, its more like an airbending kirby now. First of all its tornado attack works more like the leaf tornado that leaf kirby can use. It can now shoot a basic wind projectile. It also can do an "attack" similar to hi jump.

Now we shall talk about new copy abilities.

Celestial kirby is a space themed copy ability.

Star rod replica; kirby pulls out a replica of the star rod and attacks with it.

Black hole: kirby creates a black hole above him that lasts for 5 seconds, it has a cooldown of 10 seconds.

Meteor shower: kirby makes meteors rain down on one area.

Rocket ride: kirby gets on a small rocket and rides it, if you get off the rocket will explode.

Supernova: its kinda like crash but with less range and it does less damage, you can charge it up to increase its range and damage.

Orbit ring: kirby makes small planets that orbit around him for a few seconds. (Can only be used in air)

Axe Kirby is an ability which (as you can probably guess by the name) lets kirby use an axe.

Chop: A simple attack with an axe.

Axe throw: Kirby throws an axe.

Axe spin: Similar to that one attack that hammer kirby can use where he spins around but he throws an axe once the attack ends.

Hello Mr Ribbon Eel.

For the Other Games section, threads are made to cover a series as a whole are best to keep together.

There is an already existing general Kirby thread so I've merged your two specific Kirby Threads into here to centralize discussions about Kirby. You may continue any discussions about Kirby within this already existing Kirby thread in the future.

Thought I'd bring some discussion back for Kirby in anticipation for the upcoming Kirby and the Forgotten Land game. It releases only 3 days from now on March 25th!

The new type of setting and enemies has me curious for what the game will be like. The Waddle Dees appear to act as allies against the new type of enemy and building a town/home base with the Waddle Dees is new territory for a Kirby game.

The thing that has me most interested aside from effectively being the 1st full 3D Kirby game (aside from Kirby Air Ride) is the ability to Evolve copy abilities. That feature has me very excited.

I'll be interested to hear other people's thoughts and impressions on the game as well. It is one I decided I have to play despite my already huge backlog of games. What are your favorite new things that this game is bringing to Kirby?

I enjoy seeing the series evolve as it has.

To begin, I will state the feature I am most skeptical of: "undigestable interactible objects."
Mechanically, I expect no problem with how they function, but it is essentially a non-copyable copyability, utilizing various mundane objects in ways that would be painful if used in such a way.

Discounting the latter part, it feels as though they are attempting to reinvent the copyability, but have it both be "new" and yet "familiar."

Perhaps, reusing and old phrase would sum it up nicely: "They want a Maximum Tomato, and they want to eat it too."

The rest of the game looks to be perfectly fine. I enjoy the concept of upgrading copyabilities, though I wonder how they will function if you switch to another, but then decide to use one you have already upgraded. Will you be required to upgrade it again?

My favorite game is between Squeak Squad, Amazing Mirror, and Super Star. I also enjoyed Dream Course and Dreamland 2 a lot.

Back
Top Bottom