NPCs & Enemies The Kraken! A new pre hardmode boss!

Do you like the Kraken?

• Yes! Release the Kraken!

Votes: 137 82.0%
  • Sort of.

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Could use some work (please specify.)

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Nope nope nope.

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
What does the Krakite minion do, by the way? Just charge people or fire ink? (I think charging would be better because Hornets and Imps both exist already for the latter).

Seems like a good boss. But i think fighting underwater and having to get hurt when trying to breathe makes it almost harder than the WOF and how fast does it charge? As fast as queen bee? Or just as fast as EOC

Seems like a good boss. But i think fighting underwater and having to get hurt when trying to breathe makes it almost harder than the WOF and how fast does it charge? As fast as queen bee? Or just as fast as EOC
Probably about as fast as Queen Bee, but I'm gonna be coming back to this thread soon to balance it out some

index.php
index.php

It occurs to me now just how hard it would be to see these underwater

This thread just went under a HUGE overhaul, so many things will be different and/or improved!

I have always thought that gap between the pre-hardmode bosses and the Wall of Flesh is all too big. All of the pre-hardmode bosses are much weaker than WoF, and there are not really any bosses that bridge that gap. So I propose a new boss: The Kraken!

View attachment 206410 AMAZING new sprite by @Ai - T.a.S.A.I. !

The Kraken is summoned in the ocean using a Cursed Ink Sac (View attachment 206398 ) in the ocean. Cursed Ink Sacs are crafted with 1 black ink, 20 shells, 10 starfish, and 15 bones at a demon alter. (Shells/starfish would now generate on beaches over time) Tooltip: "Releases the Kraken!" When it is used, the message “The Kraken has been released!” will appear. (Thanks @Explinorater for the idea!)

-Stats:
Health: 5,200/10,400
Defense: 12/24
Knockback Resistance: 100%

-Behaviour:
While the battle is active, the player is given the Kraken's Curse debuff (View attachment 206666), which gives the player extended underwater breath (about 2 minutes) and improved swimming, but it disables any other water buff potions (gills, flipper, etc.) and makes the player take damage over time while above water (about 4 health per second.) The Kraken stays underwater for the majority of the fight. If the player attempts to leave the ocean biome, the Kraken will drag them back to the fight with a long tentacle.

-Attacks:
Generic Attacks: Quickly dashes at the player and attempts to ram into them (40/80 damage), summons 1 Krakite every 10 seconds, jumps out of and back into the ocean, making big splashes of these projectiles View attachment 206408 (30/60 damage, yet another amazing sprite by @Ai - T.a.S.A.I. !)

Below 90% life: Generic Attacks, shoots Inkballs View attachment 206395 (AGAIN a wonderful sprite by @Ai - T.a.S.A.I. !) that explode into smaller ink particles (25/50 damage).

Below 50% life: Generic Attacks, 3 Krakites now spawn every 6 seconds, occasionally shoots jets of ink (70/140 damage), dashes more often, periodically fires a large whirlpool View attachment 206528 that follows the player for a few seconds (50/100 damage)

Below 20% life: Generic Attacks, summons 4 Krakites every 6 seconds, periodically surrounds itself in a cloud of Toxic Ink View attachment 206529 (55/110 damage) that inflicts the Poisoned debuff for 7 seconds, dashes more often.

View attachment 206405 Krakites: Krakites are boss servants that fly around the player and attempt to ram into them, dealing 40/80 damage. They have 200/400 health and 10 defense. (Once again a beautiful sprite by @Ai - T.a.S.A.I. !)

EXPERT MODE: Always summons 4 Krakites every 6 seconds, dashes are faster and more common, Ink attacks have a 30% chance to inflict the Darkness debuff upon the player for 3-7 seconds, Inkballs will home in on the player.

Drops:
View attachment 207712 Ink Sprayer: Does 20 ranged damage. Shoots a cloud of ink that lingers for 3 seconds. 20% drop chance. (Once more a beautiful sprite by @Ai - T.a.S.A.I. !)
View attachment 206399 Ink Canister: Ammo for Ink Sprayer. Drops 15-30 with Ink Sprayer. Also sold by arms dealer when Ink Sprayer is in inventory.
View attachment 206407 Tentacle Whip: Does 26 melee damage. It quickly extends and retracts, similar to the Flairon and Chain Guillotines. Has a range of 30 tiles. 20% drop chance.
View attachment 206409 Whirlpool Scepter: Does 30 magic damage. Shoots a large whirlpool projectile at your enemies. Uses 30 mana per shot. 20% drop chance.
View attachment 206403 Krakite Staff: 16 summon damage. Summons a Krakite minion (View attachment 206405) to fight for you. Uses 20 mana. 20% drop chance.
View attachment 206400 Enchanted Hook: Does 20 melee damage, when thrown, it moves in a wide arc and comes back to the player like a boomerang. 20% drop chance. (And yet again a fantastic sprite by @Ai - T.a.S.A.I.
View attachment 206406 Suckered Hook: Shoots a single hook with a range of 24 tiles. This hook is unique because when it is fired at smaller enemies (zombies, werewolves, etc.), it will pull them to you. 12.24% drop chance.
View attachment 206402 View attachment 206401 Kraken Trophy: 10% drop chance.
View attachment 206531 Kraken Mask: 14.29% drop chance
Expert Mode:
View attachment 206404 Kraken Treasure Bag: 100% drop chance.
View attachment 206397 Ink Globule: This accessory makes it so that double tapping Down encloses you in a cloud of toxic ink, dealing 20 damage to enemies in it and causing enemies outside the cloud to ignore you. The cloud lasts for 10 seconds. If you move outside of the cloud, enemies can see you and will attack you. Has a cooldown of 20 seconds. 100% drop chance from Kraken Treasure Bag.

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

View attachment 207283
Support the Kraken!

View attachment 207252

Copy dis into your signature:
Code:
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-kraken-a-new-pre-hardmode-boss.59788/#post-1414264"][img]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/kraken-banner-png.207252/[/img][/url]
i am kraking up

I just found this thread again, I forgot how cool of an idea this is! Since there won't be any updates after Journey's End (and therefore this will not be officially added), I really hope someone makes a mod out of this!
I'm actually thinking of trying my hand at making a mod once 1.4 comes out that would include all of my suggestions, so this would definitely be in there! Also, I am currently working on even better sprites for everything, so stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom