NPCs & Enemies The Kraken! A new pre hardmode boss!

Do you like the Kraken?

• Yes! Release the Kraken!

Votes: 137 82.0%
  • Sort of.

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Could use some work (please specify.)

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Nope nope nope.

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
I have an idea about this: a big chest on the bottom of the ocean. Right-click would yield a message "The chest lid is stuck. You need something to pry it open"
And in some chests in the dungeon will be a melee weapon "Enchanted Crowbar" with the tooltip "Crack things open the PROPER way". (Dunno what it'd crack open besides that summoning chest. Perhaps if you open crates while having it in inventory, you'll get Empty Crates, which can be used as furniture?)

Actually I have an idea of finding a pirate map (maybe in the dungeon), and once you put the pirate map in your inventory, a new kind of chest called a Treasure Chest generates in one of the oceans. Only thing is we will need to find a way to get more pirate maps later on for rematches.

Actually I have an idea of finding a pirate map (maybe in the dungeon), and once you put the pirate map in your inventory, a new kind of chest called a Treasure Chest generates in one of the oceans. Only thing is we will need to find a way to get more pirate maps later on for rematches.
Not to be confused with the pirate map.

So is Kraken's Curse like a timer on the fight? Cause if so it needs to be a bit longer, I think. Again, I really like this suggestion, just don't see if there's a way to breathe while fighting the guy.

So is Kraken's Curse like a timer on the fight? Cause if so it needs to be a bit longer, I think. Again, I really like this suggestion, just don't see if there's a way to breathe while fighting the guy.
The Kraken's Curse is sort of like a timer in a way. Basically, you're kinda doing the fight in 2 minute "segments", having 2 minutes of free fighting the boss before having to do an extra action to keep yourself going.

The Kraken's Curse is sort of like a timer in a way. Basically, you're kinda doing the fight in 2 minute "segments", having 2 minutes of free fighting the boss before having to do an extra action to keep yourself going.
Ah. Fair. Then the Tongue type thing shouldn't do damage. That makes it penalizing to do this extra action.

Back
Top Bottom