Official The Labor of Hallow's Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get back to you on this later.
Any chance I can get an answer on this? In case context matters here: I'm making a from-scratch game/engine as my submission, and without at least the bunny sprite, the relation to Terraria/Halloween is going to be difficult to convey (not to mention a lot less pretty). Realistically I could get away with maybe just the bunny and pumpking sprites, along with maybe some pumpkin moon enemies; the terrain can just be colored boxes, and it might honestly be easier that way considering the weird mechanic I'm experimenting with here.

Any chance I can get an answer on this? In case context matters here: I'm making a from-scratch game/engine as my submission, and without at least the bunny sprite, the relation to Terraria/Halloween is going to be difficult to convey (not to mention a lot less pretty). Realistically I could get away with maybe just the bunny and pumpking sprites, along with maybe some pumpkin moon enemies; the terrain can just be colored boxes, and it might honestly be easier that way considering the weird mechanic I'm experimenting with here.

Sorry for the late reply. It is fine to use them.

I have been with Steam for about 11 years now, but am new to this community. I an finishing up my submission and don't really know what to put for platform when I submit it. Obviously I would put Steam for my familiarity with it, but for those who are on TCF AND Steam, what would you recommend? What are the benefits, pros and cons, of one over the other? Thanks for the assistance!

I have been with Steam for about 11 years now, but am new to this community. I an finishing up my submission and don't really know what to put for platform when I submit it. Obviously I would put Steam for my familiarity with it, but for those who are on TCF AND Steam, what would you recommend? What are the benefits, pros and cons, of one over the other? Thanks for the assistance!
Personally, I submitted mine on steam, but I don't know if there is any sort of benefit to any.

There are no differences or benefits other than if you submit your entry and put TCF as the platform, you’ll get an extra title that you can use on the forums. Titles are the identifiers under your username. For instance, yours is “Terrarian”.
1666799992630.png

Titles can be changed here (under Active Title): https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?account/account-details

All titles (both available and no longer available) are here: Trophies

Can one be theoretically disqualified bc their art is super bad even if all guidelines are followed?
If it’s obvious that something bad or low quality on purpose, yes. If it looks like the person did the best they could, then no.

I have two questions:
1. May i send one short video and a few pictures of my creation? Or is it just pictures?
2. If i submit my creation in a category of which it does not fitt, will it be disqualified or moved to a more fitting catagory?

I have two questions:
1. May i send one short video and a few pictures of my creation? Or is it just pictures?
2. If i submit my creation in a category of which it does not fitt, will it be disqualified or moved to a more fitting catagory?
1. A video and pics are fine.
2. It won’t be disqualified if you put it into a category that doesn’t best fit, unless it’s obvious that you are trying to do that on purpose for some reason.

Can I post my submissions?
For your creation to be officially entered, submit it here: Google Forms: Sign-in

After that if you’d like to share it with the community, you are certainly allowed to post it here on the forums, on Twitter, on Reddit, anywhere you’d like. But first it needs to be officially submitted at the link above. :)

Sorry if this was already answered, I am having trouble finding where to upload pictures/videos on the Google form provided above. Any assistance you can provide to me on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
After you choose which Category you are entering, the next screen will have upload buttons to submit files. If you chose the “Other” category, there is, instead, a text box to input your entry (if it’s a poem, or writing piece, etc). If it’s something that would require a file (like a music piece) you can provide the link to it.

I keep forgetting that these things exist.

Just a quick question for whenever I actually participate in one of these.

Are modded-related items still considered terraria related items? So let’s say I carve a pumpkin with the calamity mod symbol, is that still able to win awards for a terraria contest?

(I’m not entering this, I’m just showing both an example and something I did last year.)

FD5252B8-06EF-4B82-BBEC-D3EFB98BB1D1.jpeg

I keep forgetting that these things exist.

Just a quick question for whenever I actually participate in one of these.

Are modded-related items still considered terraria related items? So let’s say I carve a pumpkin with the calamity mod symbol, is that still able to win awards for a terraria contest?

(I’m not entering this, I’m just showing both an example and something I did last year.)

View attachment 389207
Sure, mod things are fine. Although, not everyone who judges the first round, and not all of the community (that will vote on the grand prize winner) may be familiar with modded content, so it may be lost on them.

Sure, mod things are fine. Although, not everyone who judges the first round, and not all of the community (that will vote on the grand prize winner) may be familiar with modded content, so it may be lost on them.
Makes sense.

Im actually reconsidering entering that pumpkin now. lmao.

Im assuming there’s no gripes with it being old since I haven’t used it in any other contests? (aside from putting it on my steam artwork page last year)

If that’s fine, then I’ll think I’ll enter it, just because I want a title for participating at this point.

Im gonna go read up on how to submit or whatever.

Having trouble uploading mp4 video into the submission section on the Google doc, the images went on no problem just not the video. Any assistance you can provide on this matter is greatly appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom